What are you upgrading from for the Droid Prime?

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Droid X. Bought it off eBay. Had an OG before that, upgraded to the Bionic, had buyers remorse (plus issues)... decided to hold out for the Nexus. Bought the DX to hold me over until it drops.

*customized tapatalk signature*

j c m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4. I've owned every iPhone since V1 and never thought I'd leave the iCamp, but the 4S is such a disappointment that I'm ready for a change. Seems like the Prime will have everything I want, and more, I just hope that Android can do everything that iOS does for me now. I'm excited to give the Prime a try. I'll be first in line for the Prime, wherever I am when it is finally released.

anon(120)

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
I just think battery life will suck if it's LTE. Part if me hopes its only 3G. I might just wait until Krait phones in Q3 to burn an upgrade.

By then I'd compare the best Krait phone to i5 to hopefully Sgs3 with Exynos 4212. Ah tech!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

You can turn the LTE radio off when you're not using it. No need to wish it was 3G only.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Assuming this phone is as great as it's rumored to be, I'm planning on upgrading from my OG Droid Incredible (got it on the first release, so like 4/2010). The inc is still humming along like new though, so I'm not in any huge rush. I just look forward to a better/bigger screen, faster phone, etc.

msjohnson2868

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Droid X. My first Android love. :)

I'm keeping it for a spare, and sleeping with it under my pillow. I may also bronze it and sit it next to my son's bronzed baby shoes.

All kidding aside, the X has been amazing. Hoping the Nexus is as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BitGambit

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Here are my last few phones:
2005-2006: Samsung P100 (One of their million different flip phones)
2007-2009: Apple iPhone 2G
2009-2010: Apple iPhone 3GS
2010-2011: Jailbroke the 3GS, well it's like a brand new phone
2011-2013: Nexus Prime!

I realized that it was kinda sad that I had to jailbreak my iPhone in order for it to do what I wanted it to do, when Android had all of the features I needed by default. I've also grown so tired of iTunes that I reorganized my music/media library and have completely eliminated my reliance on iTunes.

I've always been interested in the Android platform, but never before have I been so interested in a phone like the Nexus Prime. I am so very excited for the new Nexus, the new ICS "Pure google experience," and being a part of an amazing enthusiast community!

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Droid X. Bought it off eBay. Had an OG before that, upgraded to the Bionic, had buyers remorse (plus issues)... decided to hold out for the Nexus. Bought the DX to hold me over until it drops.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Ditto! Except I had the Droid X for the last 2 years. Upgraded to Bionic and quickly returned it thanks to many bugs. Back to my X and waiting patiently for the Prime...

Katherine

thamenacing1

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Droid Incredible! It's "incredible" that I kept it this long! When I was on the Blackberry teet, my job was upgrading my phone like every 6 mos - 1 year. Even when I left my job, my girlfriend bought me a Blackberry Bold 2 for Christmas. I then jumped on the Android bandwagon when I purchased my Droid Incredible a week after it came out, and damn, it was pretty damn Incredible! Can't wait to get my hands on my next phone....I'm ready!

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll be moving up from my Droid (1) to the Prime. I'm weird in that I like the stock experience to be there by default, so hearing about the Prime has been truly uplifting. I know I could mess around with ROMs for my OG Droid, but I just haven't wanted to mess with it. I'm lame. So yay to the stock Prime!

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Had a droid.... got caught in a Flash flood and it died slowly over a period of 6months with ever increasing issues.... Even at its worst it was still better than the BB storm I've been using in its place.

TBH, I wouldn't have waited anywhere near this long if the Bionic had actually launched in the springtime..... As it stands, I am picking up the Prime the day it launches, and then coming home and taking a sledgehammer to this piece of crap BB storm.

joeyandrade123

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm upgrading from an OG Dinc. I hope it doesn't cost more than 200 I haven't saved that much yet.
And also I'm pretty sure its gonna be called Galaxy Nexus.

kvlt

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Had a droid.... got caught in a Flash flood and it died slowly over a period of 6months with ever increasing issues.... Even at its worst it was still better than the BB storm I've been using in its place.

TBH, I wouldn't have waited anywhere near this long if the Bionic had actually launched in the springtime..... As it stands, I am picking up the Prime the day it launches, and then coming home and taking a sledgehammer to this piece of crap BB storm.

The only two VZW devices i have right now are the Storm and the Curve 8330... im sure you can agree that a release cant come soon enough and my patience is being tested harshly, haha.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
If I upgrade I will be coming from the OG droid that was released in 2009(still works but out of app storage space and well....slow...what? clocked at... 550mhz or something even though every time I look it is running at 236 to 300)

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
If I upgrade I will be coming from the OG droid that was released in 2009(still works but out of app storage space and well....slow...what? clocked at... 550mhz or something even though every time I look it is running at 236 to 300)

1) Root
2) CyanogenMod 7.1
3) Peter Alfonso's 0.3 Kernels
4) 1.2GHz or 1.25GHz kernel
5) ???????
6) Profit

I'm also upgrading from the original Motorola Droid. My keyboard is physically falling apart and I'm getting used to going full touchscreen, getting by with the help of apps like SwiftKey X, Thumb Keyboard, and Swype. I think I like the thumb keyboard the most but meh, it'll be different on a bigger phone.

Blitzdroid

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You can turn the LTE radio off when you're not using it. No need to wish it was 3G only.

I also wish for it to be 3g only. I actually wanted something like the samsung galaxy S2
Benefits of the 3g only would be

1. cheaper. 4g phones are $300 compared to $200.
2. Thinner. All 4g phones have been thicker. Although the prime is suppose to be thin, it could be even thinner.
3. battery life. Yes i know we can turn off LTE so maybe this isn't a valid point. But I shouldn't have to manage on/off LTE daily to save on battery. I also work in a building that has very bad LTE signal so it killed my thunderbolt battery quickly. I returned the thunderbolt before the 14day return policy.

Blitzdroid

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My brother and I are upgrading from Droid Eris and Xperia play.

Eris, very slow phone.
Xperia play, nothing really wrong with it. It has great battery life. We just don't play much games on it with that gamepad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy