10-15-2011 02:01 PM
79 ... 234
tools
    To say nothing differentiates from one another is total nonsense. Hardware, form factor, build quality, etc. All are relevant factors when picking a phone.

And I don't think there's a single piece of evidence to support the idea that VZW makes extra for selling a skinned device.
    Well thats why the manufacturers put overlays on their phones. But yea there are other factors that different phones. And I know that Verizon requires testing for software overlays.

Why do you want a Nexus anyways, I see you have the Bionic. The Bionic should get ICS and Moto make some pretty good hardware. I am just curious because my GF is about to buy the Bionic this week.
    10-13-2011 05:00 PM
    Well thats why the manufacturers put overlays on their phones. But yea there are other factors that different phones. And I know that Verizon requires testing for software overlays.

Why do you want a Nexus anyways, I see you have the Bionic. The Bionic should get ICS and Moto make some pretty good hardware. I am just curious because my GF is about to buy the Bionic this week.
    Manufacturers do make more money from selling phones with skins than those without. They don't get paid "extra" for those phones, but they sell more of them. The fact of the matter is, most users prefer the skins. Most users care less about the raw performance of the phone than they do the appearance of it. Only the power users care more about performance. Remember that many android owners were using a land line phone only a year or so ago.

The Bionic's battery life is atrocious and it is buggy, by the way.
    10-14-2011 11:16 PM
    I even like HTC sense better than vanilla and I am a power user and have had Android phones from most manufacturers. Vanilla is a close second though. But yea you are right, I don't think vanilla is a good selling point especially when the general public wants an iPhone. Vanilla Android doesn't look that great.

I suspected that the bionic might have some bugs, having blur on it, but it looked like a decent enough phone. Hopefully the Rezound will have better battery. I am happy with my inc2 till they get these 4G phones working better.

sent from my skyraider inc2
    10-15-2011 12:31 PM
    No msg.
    10-15-2011 02:01 PM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD