Verizon Galaxy Nexus could come with TouchWiz?!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Read first:

New Leak Suggests There May Be More Than One “Prime” [OPINION] (Updated) ? AndroidGuys

What do you guys think of this? While I really don't want to believe it, they make a few good points.

Now, this would be totally and utterly heart-wrenching to me as I've wanted a VZW Nexus since the Nexus One came out. Do you really think Google would allow the Nexus name to be on a phone run by TouchWiz over Ice Cream Sandwich? I really don't think they would. But hell, for some reason I could see Samsung and Verizon talking Google (who never stands up to the carriers) into it.

In the stock-Nexus' defense, why would Verizon release a TouchWizzed Nexus if they could have just released a Galaxy S II like all the other carriers? Hopefully that logic means we WILL be getting a stock Nexus.

Now, to me, a Nexus means totally unlock-able and it gets instant updates from Google. No Verizon crapware or update delays. It's a Google phone, controlled by Google. The carrier is just a dumbpipe. Will we be getting this (finally) on the Verizon LTE network? I sure effing hope so.

Come on, Verizon+Samsung+Google, don't screw us. Just give us stock Ice Cream Sandwich on a true Nexus device. Please.

What do you think, guys? Am I crazy? Soothe my nerves and tell me this article is bat-**** insane.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
IMO, I don't think that newer video is skinned ICS with Touchwiz, but instead just a newer build of Stock ICS. I highly doubt a new version of Android would release first with a skin on it.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I completely agree. I don't believe Google would allow a skin to layer over their new beloved OS. This phone is to be a Google Experience phone. I'm sure later there will be skins for it, but the first ICS phone to come out will probably just be, ICS and nothing else. Which is what we all want right?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
All these rumors keep coming up because it's so hard for anyone to comprehend Verizon getting a Nexus. It's all total bull and is becoming rather irritating. I've been saying this quite a bit, but it's not a hard concept to grasp that Verizon is getting it's Nexus.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Where does this person see TW from that video by the way??

I think just because it looks slightly different than the leak we saw of ICS on the Nexus S people started assuming it was skinned. To me the build on the Nexus S looked unfinished, whereas the leak on the Galaxy Nexus looked more cohesive and a finished product, or close to it.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
All these rumors keep coming up because it's so hard for anyone to comprehend Verizon getting a Nexus. It's all total bull and is becoming rather irritating. I've been saying this quite a bit, but it's not a hard concept to grasp that Verizon is getting it's Nexus.

Telling me verizon is getting a phone with no crappy skin or baked in crapware is really like telling me youve seen Bigfoot. I cant believe it till i see it. Verizon is not known for backing down dor anything. I mean they couldnt agree with apple and didnt carey the iphone for a long time even though customers begged for it. To think big red just let google walk on by and do what they want with a phone is hard to believe.

Dont get me wrong, i hope its true. Ill be stunned, but ill be stunned while waiting in line to get one.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
No it's not skinned. There have been sources saying that ICS has been changing and been being updated almost daily. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that it's just a new build as someone else said.

Also I think it's obvious why Verizon would get the Nexus... they are the only carrier with a robust LTE network and anything beside LTE is not advanced enough for a Nexus.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Telling me verizon is getting a phone with no crappy skin or baked in crapware is really like telling me youve seen Bigfoot. I cant believe it till i see it. Verizon is not known for backing down dor anything. I mean they couldnt agree with apple and didnt carey the iphone for a long time even though customers begged for it. To think big red just let google walk on by and do what they want with a phone is hard to believe.

Dont get me wrong, i hope its true. Ill be stunned, but ill be stunned while waiting in line to get one.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

The OG Droid wasn't bloated and had no skin.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, you're all making great points!

What do you guys have to say about the icons in the newer leaked video, though? They look a whole lot like the TouchWiz icons.

Also, for those of you saying Google would never release a Nexus with a skin on it, what if there are two Nexus devices? One with a Samsung TW skin on Verizon (Galaxy Nexus) and another (Nexus Prime) on other carrier with stock ICS?

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The idea that Samsung would release a phone without TouchWiz on it is most likely wishful thinking. Consumers have complained endlessly about Samsung's UI since it came out and yet Samsung keeps using it. Expect the Nexus Prime to come with TouchWiz. As of recent, Samsung has done nothing to show that they wouldn't put TouchWiz on any of their products no matter how much we don't want it.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The idea that Samsung would release a phone without TouchWiz on it is most likely wishful thinking. Consumers have complained endlessly about Samsung's UI since it came out and yet Samsung keeps using it. Expect the Nexus Prime to come with TouchWiz. As of recent, Samsung has done nothing to show that they wouldn't put TouchWiz on any of their products no matter how much we don't want it.

I'm sorry, but this is dumb. It's a Nexus!!! It's not Samsung's decision, it's Google's call. The Nexus S is a Samsung device.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that idiot on Android Guys is, well, an idiot. It's really sad too. I thought we were above the kind of random craziness that surrounds an iPhone launch. I guess not.

Oh, btw, the Nexus Prime is gonna be a Sprint exclusive. You heard it here first ;)