10-15-2011 02:01 PM
79 123 ...
tools
    Read first:

New Leak Suggests There May Be More Than One “Prime” [OPINION] (Updated) AndroidGuys

What do you guys think of this? While I really don't want to believe it, they make a few good points.

Now, this would be totally and utterly heart-wrenching to me as I've wanted a VZW Nexus since the Nexus One came out. Do you really think Google would allow the Nexus name to be on a phone run by TouchWiz over Ice Cream Sandwich? I really don't think they would. But hell, for some reason I could see Samsung and Verizon talking Google (who never stands up to the carriers) into it.

In the stock-Nexus' defense, why would Verizon release a TouchWizzed Nexus if they could have just released a Galaxy S II like all the other carriers? Hopefully that logic means we WILL be getting a stock Nexus.

Now, to me, a Nexus means totally unlock-able and it gets instant updates from Google. No Verizon crapware or update delays. It's a Google phone, controlled by Google. The carrier is just a dumbpipe. Will we be getting this (finally) on the Verizon LTE network? I sure effing hope so.

Come on, Verizon+Samsung+Google, don't screw us. Just give us stock Ice Cream Sandwich on a true Nexus device. Please.

What do you think, guys? Am I crazy? Soothe my nerves and tell me this article is bat-**** insane.
    10-11-2011 07:39 PM
    IMO, I don't think that newer video is skinned ICS with Touchwiz, but instead just a newer build of Stock ICS. I highly doubt a new version of Android would release first with a skin on it.
    sushiglobster likes this.
    10-11-2011 07:42 PM
    I completely agree. I don't believe Google would allow a skin to layer over their new beloved OS. This phone is to be a Google Experience phone. I'm sure later there will be skins for it, but the first ICS phone to come out will probably just be, ICS and nothing else. Which is what we all want right?
    10-11-2011 07:47 PM
    All these rumors keep coming up because it's so hard for anyone to comprehend Verizon getting a Nexus. It's all total bull and is becoming rather irritating. I've been saying this quite a bit, but it's not a hard concept to grasp that Verizon is getting it's Nexus.
    10-11-2011 07:52 PM
    Where does this person see TW from that video by the way??
    10-11-2011 08:00 PM
    Where does this person see TW from that video by the way??
    I think just because it looks slightly different than the leak we saw of ICS on the Nexus S people started assuming it was skinned. To me the build on the Nexus S looked unfinished, whereas the leak on the Galaxy Nexus looked more cohesive and a finished product, or close to it.
    10-11-2011 08:07 PM
    All these rumors keep coming up because it's so hard for anyone to comprehend Verizon getting a Nexus. It's all total bull and is becoming rather irritating. I've been saying this quite a bit, but it's not a hard concept to grasp that Verizon is getting it's Nexus.
    Telling me verizon is getting a phone with no crappy skin or baked in crapware is really like telling me youve seen Bigfoot. I cant believe it till i see it. Verizon is not known for backing down dor anything. I mean they couldnt agree with apple and didnt carey the iphone for a long time even though customers begged for it. To think big red just let google walk on by and do what they want with a phone is hard to believe.

Dont get me wrong, i hope its true. Ill be stunned, but ill be stunned while waiting in line to get one.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    kvlt likes this.
    10-11-2011 08:12 PM
    No it's not skinned. There have been sources saying that ICS has been changing and been being updated almost daily. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that it's just a new build as someone else said.

Also I think it's obvious why Verizon would get the Nexus... they are the only carrier with a robust LTE network and anything beside LTE is not advanced enough for a Nexus.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    10-11-2011 08:16 PM
    Telling me verizon is getting a phone with no crappy skin or baked in crapware is really like telling me youve seen Bigfoot. I cant believe it till i see it. Verizon is not known for backing down dor anything. I mean they couldnt agree with apple and didnt carey the iphone for a long time even though customers begged for it. To think big red just let google walk on by and do what they want with a phone is hard to believe.

Dont get me wrong, i hope its true. Ill be stunned, but ill be stunned while waiting in line to get one.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    The OG Droid wasn't bloated and had no skin.
    sushiglobster likes this.
    10-11-2011 08:19 PM
    Ok, you're all making great points!

What do you guys have to say about the icons in the newer leaked video, though? They look a whole lot like the TouchWiz icons.

Also, for those of you saying Google would never release a Nexus with a skin on it, what if there are two Nexus devices? One with a Samsung TW skin on Verizon (Galaxy Nexus) and another (Nexus Prime) on other carrier with stock ICS?
    10-11-2011 09:05 PM
    If it has a skin it won't be a nexus
    10-11-2011 09:09 PM
    The phone will not have the Nexus name in it at all if it is skinned.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    10-11-2011 09:12 PM
    The idea that Samsung would release a phone without TouchWiz on it is most likely wishful thinking. Consumers have complained endlessly about Samsung's UI since it came out and yet Samsung keeps using it. Expect the Nexus Prime to come with TouchWiz. As of recent, Samsung has done nothing to show that they wouldn't put TouchWiz on any of their products no matter how much we don't want it.
    10-11-2011 09:17 PM
    The idea that Samsung would release a phone without TouchWiz on it is most likely wishful thinking. Consumers have complained endlessly about Samsung's UI since it came out and yet Samsung keeps using it. Expect the Nexus Prime to come with TouchWiz. As of recent, Samsung has done nothing to show that they wouldn't put TouchWiz on any of their products no matter how much we don't want it.
    I'm sorry, but this is dumb. It's a Nexus!!! It's not Samsung's decision, it's Google's call. The Nexus S is a Samsung device.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    Stang68 likes this.
    10-11-2011 09:20 PM
    Ok I guess the nexus s doesn't exist then?
    Stang68 likes this.
    10-11-2011 09:22 PM
    Yeah, that ***** on Android Guys is, well, an *****. It's really sad too. I thought we were above the kind of random craziness that surrounds an iPhone launch. I guess not.

Oh, btw, the Nexus Prime is gonna be a Sprint exclusive. You heard it here first
    10-11-2011 09:34 PM
    Link for new video please?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    10-11-2011 09:38 PM
    Link for new video please?

They are talking about the only leaked video of the Nexus out there. The link was talking about the difference between ICS that was supposedly on the Nexus S from ebay and ICS on the Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    taylorz_412 likes this.
    10-11-2011 09:42 PM
    Oh. Alright.

10-11-2011 09:44 PM
    Keep reading and maybe you'll believe me.
    funny
    10-11-2011 09:47 PM
    This confirms it.

I am now almost 100% sure that there will be a Droid Prime on verizon and then a Nexus Prime/Galaxy Prime.

The droid will be slightly skinned.
    10-11-2011 09:53 PM
    This confirms it.

I am now almost 100% sure that there will be a Droid Prime on verizon and then a Nexus Prime/Galaxy Prime.

The droid will be slightly skinned.
    Who's to say the other carriers' version won't be skinned? There is no way in the world that Google would allow a phone to have ICS before their Nexus and since Verizon's version is coming out first that only leaves one other alternative...

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    10-11-2011 10:06 PM
    Hmm I wonder? It seems that there are two phones in the leaks the i9xxxx GSM and the the other 1515 model, one maybe global and the other.. no one knows? I have the Og droid which came with no blur just Google interface..but did include Vcast apps. Eventually I installed a launcher. I actually like the launcher look and functionality better than stock Android that is on my Og droid. I can switch back and forth and stock is not for me....but the launcher UI seems better than past blurs--and you can confiure the launcher scrolling smoothness app drawer, icons paks, launcher docks ...which is something I cannot not do with vanilla on my OG Droid although I can get to and modify the root directory with no problem.

The first vid leak looked rather boring. The second vid-- the one with the analog clock and animations looked a lot better, although I don't like that gold and blue faded wall paper at all, but you can change wall papers. I am feeling ambivalent and compromised.

I would like to like to at LEAST give stock ICS a try to see what it has to offer. I don't like the in-your-face-blue, orange/red colors and big widgets that are presented with TouchWiz out of the box...but I guess you can change to another wall paper, install other widgets and you can tone down the color intensity. I like the idea of Samsung Kies which I guess would not be offered with stock ICS. Guess I will just have to wait and see what is released before I can decide.
    10-11-2011 10:11 PM
    I find it hard to believe that Google's very first ICS phone would be skinned in any way, especially since it's supposed to be a Nexus device (which are known as "Pure Google Experience" devices). Of course, I also say this with a bias that is hope in stock ICS on the Verizon Nexus phone.
    10-11-2011 10:17 PM
    Guys its a RUMOR! Let's wait till the official word

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk
    Mooem and VideoEngineerAJS like this.
    10-11-2011 10:21 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD