10-14-2011 01:18 PM
37 12
tools
    About time. Just a few more days. Kinda glad its not till late the event streams because I can just sit and enjoy the show. Plus, it won't get lost in the news of th XOOM 2 and DROID RAZR launch earlier that day.
    Don't you think it would be the other way around? The Verizon announcement would be lost in the ICS announcement?

What happened was Apple wanted an injunction to mandate Verizon to require TouchWiz on any Android device so that Apple could in turn sue Samsung over another phone infringing on the patents of iOS. It's really kind of obvious guys. This is what caused the delay - all the hidden clues in the press releases have been pointing to it.
    I think you're on to something...

A US device announced in a foreign country? IMO i dont think we will see the new Nexus. Just a slide show to show off ICS. Unless im wrong? Has Verizon AT&T Tmobile and Sprint ever have a new phone announced outside the US?
    Look at MWC. There are a lot of US devices announced, and that's a Spain event.

If Google allows the new Nexus to be released in another Country before Theee United States of America ill be pissed. Us first, them second..... By the way, we should be seeing the CDMA version cross the FCC anytime now. Apples iPhone 4S passed the FCC the day after it was announced. (the same day Jobs passed)
    ? What makes the US so entitled? I imagine it will be a first tier release, but if not, there's nothing to be pissed about but the longer wait.
    10-13-2011 09:36 PM
    ? What makes the US so entitled? I imagine it will be a first tier release, but if not, there's nothing to be pissed about but the longer wait.
    Thats what i would be pissed about. The long wait. Just like some here, I'v been waiting for almost 2 years for something this big and my Droid is, well not doing so good.
    10-13-2011 11:21 PM

Google is a U.S. company - just saying...
    Vanilla Ice likes this.
    10-13-2011 11:33 PM
    Google is a U.S. company - just saying...
    And Samsung is Korean, just saying.

Sent from my Amiga 500 using Workbench!
    10-14-2011 01:08 AM
    Worldwide release of both versions would rock, or release GSM in all non US countries, then the GSM in US after Christmas.
    10-14-2011 02:03 AM
    and i don't give a damn where it's from. I just want it. just sayin
    zoomis likes this.
    10-14-2011 02:51 AM
    and i don't give a damn where it's from. I just want it. just sayin
    You said it bro.

Also all US citizens getting their panties in a bunch at the idea of a phone that will be available in the US not being announce in the US, This happens all the time, your carriers made Samsung remodel both the Galaxy S & S2 (2 perfectly good phones) so that each of them could have their own version. If there is a delay in it launching in the US blame them.
    10-14-2011 10:57 AM
    Have people forgotten that the event was originally supposed to take place in San Diego (the U.S.) at CTIA, last Tuesday? I fail to see how the event's movement to outside North America matters in the least.
    10-14-2011 12:38 PM
    It's a phone that is supposed to be for anyone in the world.

So I don't see why it's odd to have the announcement outside the US.

I think Americans still need to figure out the cellphone industry outside the US as well where most phones are sold without having to be branded or modified by the carriers. Very often, you buy phones from manufacturers stores and then pop your SIM card in. That's how it's supposed to be, not tied in with carriers.

That's part of the reason why the US got the Samsung Galaxy S II after everyone else in the world.
    EggoEspada likes this.
    10-14-2011 12:52 PM
    Samsung has several HUGE wafer plants here in Austin, TX where they employ several thousand people. Samsung invests heavily in Austin.
    I have no trouble buying a Samsung phone.
    10-14-2011 12:54 PM
    If it comes to the nationality of a company, Samsung would easily fit under the "multinational corporation" category.

And I thought the days where people judge things/brands based on their location of origin already :S
    10-14-2011 12:58 PM
    If I were in charge of marketing, I'd play THIS song at the unveiling of the Prime starting at the 0:40 mark and blow the place up!
    10-14-2011 01:18 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD