10-16-2011 07:14 PM
73 123
tools
    I'm 50/50 at the moment. Im starting to lean towards waiting until q1 of 2012 and see what's coming. The possibility of no SD, and non-removable battery... eh.
    10-14-2011 08:11 PM
    With the exception of 720P and LTE none of those are better specs. In fact, the first 3 aren't even hardware...
    On a pure hardware stance, the phones are similar yes,
    But where the Nexus pulls away is in the software, or lack there of. There is zero crapware, a clean "vanilla" android OS, no clumsy UI, plus the knowledge that when a updated OS comes out, the Nexus phones are 1st in line to get them.

Now these are in my opinion the features that make the G-Nex a better phone, and these features may not be that important to you, so the all the hub-bub may seem out of place when you just simply look at hardware specs.
    10-14-2011 08:14 PM
    Kind of loses its meaning about no crapware because ultimately someone will root just about any phone and install whatever version they want. The nexus prime needs some killer and unique hardware features to stand above all else for a couple months.
    10-14-2011 08:24 PM
    i need a good camera in my phone so i'll have to wait and see what the nexus brings.
    10-14-2011 09:28 PM
    stock ICS makes this better than any android out there.
    Isn't the S2 getting ICS as well?
    10-14-2011 09:40 PM
    i need a good camera in my phone so i'll have to wait and see what the nexus brings.
    It's a Samsung device, so a good camera is very likely. All the Galaxy's have had really good cameras, no reason the G-Nex will disappoint.
    10-14-2011 09:44 PM
    Isn't the S2 getting ICS as well?
    Probably in 2Q '12.
    10-14-2011 09:49 PM
    i would be completely shocked if the s2 got ICS. Samsung is pretty bad with putting out updates....always late to the party. The Samsung Epic from Sprint is still running froyo. No bueno!
    10-15-2011 09:30 AM
    This phone will be pretty state of the art when it drops yet feeling obsolete due to rumors of future phones that take forever to come out. This is the way of things, always has been always will be. I was rocking the OG Droid and couldn't wait for the Bionic anymore so purchased the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate on ebay for $100 (lovin this phone) and had no need to get the Bionic as the Fassy held me over for the Prime to drop. That's it for me, I'm going to enjoy the Prime till it dies or end of contract.
    10-15-2011 10:55 AM
    What really is a disappointment to me is the way the interactive buttons are laid out. Why can't there be some type of damn standard for the positioning of the buttons on Android phones?! It is ridiculous that the OG droid, all HTC phones and Moto/Samsung/LG all differ in this aspect. And now the Prime is supposed to have another configuration, this being Back Home Menu.
    10-15-2011 12:20 PM
    What really is a disappointment to me is the way the interactive buttons are laid out. Why can't there be some type of damn standard for the positioning of the buttons on Android phones?! It is ridiculous that the OG droid, all HTC phones and Moto/Samsung/LG all differ in this aspect. And now the Prime is supposed to have another configuration, this being Back Home Menu.
    I feel its a stength. We have so many choices on phones and configurations. Some people are left with only one hardware setup
    10-15-2011 01:53 PM
    i would be completely shocked if the s2 got ICS. Samsung is pretty bad with putting out updates....always late to the party. The Samsung Epic from Sprint is still running froyo. No bueno!
    Thats nothing that rooting can't fix. The beauty about the GSII is that its the only current dual core phone that is not locked down.
    10-15-2011 02:04 PM
    I feel its a stength. We have so many choices on phones and configurations. Some people are left with only one hardware setup
    Really? Because I don't see my droid x or any other phone being offered in 5 different button configurations.

What should be done, if there are on screen buttons like portrayed in the video for the Nexus, is be able to customize the positions of those buttons.
    10-15-2011 04:04 PM
    Is this phone going be to offered to all carriers? I have Sprint and I'm due for a upgrade in Dec. It's either the Samsung Galaxy SII or this phone. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    10-16-2011 04:20 PM
    Yes, but at this point, this will be the only configuration (unless some devs are able to reconfigure the order and add extra buttons!) since it's software buttons. They would have to change the code if they want to reconfigure the buttons.
    10-16-2011 04:28 PM
    All rumors! Im hoping for the new samsung 1.5ghz Exynos. Hoping for a great 5mp camera was not impressed with the Bionics crappy 8mp.1080p video was great on the Bionic and the Galaxy Nexus has that also.We will all see on Tuesday around 6pm
    10-16-2011 05:01 PM
    Is this phone going be to offered to all carriers? I have Sprint and I'm due for a upgrade in Dec. It's either the Samsung Galaxy SII or this phone. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Verizon exclusive for now. Just get the Galaxy s2 its a great phone or wait for the galaxy s3 coming in a few months.
    10-16-2011 05:11 PM
    Verizon exclusive for now. Just get the Galaxy s2 its a great phone or wait for the galaxy s3 coming in a few months.
    How do you know it's coming in a few months?
    10-16-2011 05:28 PM
    Iphone5 will come out before samsing galaxy s3.
    10-16-2011 05:52 PM
    Galaxy 3 is not coming out anytime soon. Anything that was posted online is speculation.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-16-2011 06:01 PM
    Galaxy s2 came out in Jan 2011. What makes you think iPhone 5 will come out before s3?

S3 will probably be announced early in 2012

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    10-16-2011 06:05 PM
    Galaxy s2 came out in Jan 2011. What makes you think iPhone 5 will come out before s3?

S3 will probably be announced early in 2012

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Actually no. The GS2 was ANNOUNCED in February and released worldwide in May of this year.

Source

But yes the SGS3 will probably come out (in Asia/Europe) around April/May of next year, and there is no way the iPhone 5 will be out by then. Even if Apple goes back to the old release cycle, that would mean June 2012. More likely would be Sep/Oct 2012 though ..
    ManBearPig618 likes this.
    10-16-2011 06:59 PM
    If you're looking for a phone that isn't Verizon locked, SGalaxy S2 is probably your best bet.
    10-16-2011 07:14 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD