10-15-2011 02:05 PM
37 12
tools
    Looks like I'll be winning my forum bet and won't have to stop posting...
    It's looking really good for you, and hey, I hope you DO win. It' only means I'll get the phone I've wanted, and I'll just end up being a lurker here, which I am anyway. I only have a handful of posts.. but it's not over yet.
    10-14-2011 06:20 AM
    If so, there are some people in marketing that need to be fired. That would violate branding 101.
    Happens all the time with phones.

Thanks, Robrecht
    10-14-2011 06:23 AM
    The name Galaxy Nexus makes a lot sense. Samsung is trying to brand several different phones under the Galaxy name. It was a blow to Samsung for the Galaxy S II not to come to Verizon.

This roll out is going kind of like I expected. There is a VZW (SCH-i515) version of the phone and a the global version (GT-i9520). The Nexus phone will eventually come to other carriers, but I doubt it's right away. The specs are similar to the GS2 and Samsung doesn't want two phones competing against each other when they're sinking so much marketing into the GS2.
    Mooem, wyseguy77 and EggoEspada like this.
    10-14-2011 06:25 AM
    Samsung doesn't want two phones competing against each other when they're sinking so much marketing into the GS2.
    This ^.
    10-14-2011 06:29 AM
    Am I the only one that never liked any of Samsung's non Galaxy phones? Vibrant, Fascinate etc... I always called my Fasincate by it's model. SCH-i500 probably because every time I connected my blueAnt it said the model. I just want my phone. This upgrade has been burning a hole in my pocket waiting for a stock Android device to come back to Verizon.
    10-14-2011 07:37 AM
    Am I the only one that never liked any of Samsung's non Galaxy phones? Vibrant, Fascinate etc...
    BTW... Those are Samsung Galaxy S series phones.
    wyseguy77 likes this.
    10-14-2011 07:50 AM
    Am I the only one that never liked any of Samsung's non Galaxy phones?
    I wasn't impressed with the original Galaxy S. Between Touchwhiz and poor ergonomics, I would have kept my OG Droid.
    10-14-2011 08:30 AM
    It's looking really good for you, and hey, I hope you DO win. It' only means I'll get the phone I've wanted, and I'll just end up being a lurker here, which I am anyway. I only have a handful of posts.. but it's not over yet.
    Lol. I'm not actually going to hold you to it...just wanted prove my point. Post on.
    10-14-2011 09:04 AM
    LOL, at least he's a good sport about it!
    10-14-2011 08:14 PM
    Verizon = Galaxy Nexus
    Rest of World = Nexus Prime
    ??
    Hmm? I really wonder. Verizon = Galaxy Nexus = locked and bloated maybe with TouchWiz?
    Rest of the World = Nexus Prime - the true Nexus device?

Don't get mad at me..I am a Verizon customer and I really want the same pure ICS system on all versions. I can take a different processor if one can't work with LTE but I really hope everything else is the same...and I don't mind TouchWiz but would really have to have the pure system to play with for a start.

I Hope.
    10-14-2011 08:34 PM
    A Nexus with Touchwhiz is as likely as a Droid with Windows Phone 7.
    10-15-2011 02:03 PM
    Yeah...they aren't going to attach the word "Nexus" to a phone and skin it with TouchWiz. Also, I doubt Samsung has had a chance to skin ICS yet.
    10-15-2011 02:05 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD