Galaxy Nexus pops up in Verizons System

xsfspd

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I went throught training at a certified Verizon call center a few years ago and this screen looks exactly like something that would be in their system.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Think of the marketing! The Droid Nexus Prime. The power of Optimus himself with the speed of the nations fastest 4G network. have an awesome bootscreen with a transformers sound clip and instead of the droid eye, show optimus eye. Got damn why am i not a marketing consultant for google!? That was gold!

Probably cause you would have them in court for copyright infringement lol ir paying out the a$$ to use that stuff

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'll be winning my forum bet and won't have to stop posting...

It's looking really good for you, and hey, I hope you DO win. It' only means I'll get the phone I've wanted, and I'll just end up being a lurker here, which I am anyway. I only have a handful of posts.. but it's not over yet.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
The name Galaxy Nexus makes a lot sense. Samsung is trying to brand several different phones under the Galaxy name. It was a blow to Samsung for the Galaxy S II not to come to Verizon.

This roll out is going kind of like I expected. There is a VZW (SCH-i515) version of the phone and a the global version (GT-i9520). The Nexus phone will eventually come to other carriers, but I doubt it's right away. The specs are similar to the GS2 and Samsung doesn't want two phones competing against each other when they're sinking so much marketing into the GS2.

Reactions: EggoEspada

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one that never liked any of Samsung's non Galaxy phones? Vibrant, Fascinate etc... I always called my Fasincate by it's model. SCH-i500 probably because every time I connected my blueAnt it said the model. I just want my phone. This upgrade has been burning a hole in my pocket waiting for a stock Android device to come back to Verizon.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
It's looking really good for you, and hey, I hope you DO win. It' only means I'll get the phone I've wanted, and I'll just end up being a lurker here, which I am anyway. I only have a handful of posts.. but it's not over yet.

Lol. I'm not actually going to hold you to it...just wanted prove my point. Post on.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon = Galaxy Nexus
Rest of World = Nexus Prime
??

Hmm? I really wonder. Verizon = Galaxy Nexus = locked and bloated maybe with TouchWiz?
Rest of the World = Nexus Prime - the true Nexus device?

Don't get mad at me..I am a Verizon customer and I really want the same pure ICS system on all versions. I can take a different processor if one can't work with LTE but I really hope everything else is the same...and I don't mind TouchWiz but would really have to have the pure system to play with for a start.

I Hope.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...they aren't going to attach the word "Nexus" to a phone and skin it with TouchWiz. Also, I doubt Samsung has had a chance to skin ICS yet.