Since the, "Galaxy Nexus," is showing up in Verizon's systems, I decided to try asking around at local Verizon stores. I decided to try the GoWireless near me, because I often find that the non-corporate people are much more friendly, albeit a little uninformed. When I spoke to the rep he said, and I quote:

"I doesn't look like we'll ever be getting 'em, since we are only a certified retailer. But you should be able to get one at a corporate store soon."
    First off, proof that this thing is real (but we've known that :P ). Second, Do you think that Verizon resellers will not be selling? I'm inclined to believe that, except for that fact that BestBuy got the Nexus S exclusively while it was on T-Mobile. Seems like they would be a good outlet for selling another Nexus.
    10-14-2011 10:42 AM
    When does it end!?!?!?!?!?! Why can people just wait a week to get the official confirmation! It's not that far away. Sorry to be an *** but I just can't take it anymore, we all have the same information and which none of it is absolute.
    wes008 and ejaymd11 like this.
    10-14-2011 10:55 AM
    You will see some resellers get it, just not immediately. Best Buy will have it, count on that, but outside of that we will have to wait for launch day.

Its a good question. GoWireless? maybe not. But a flagship like this might miss them initially or he may not even know.

Hope that helps? Probably not....
    wes008 likes this.
    10-14-2011 10:59 AM
    I'm just hoping Amazon has it, as I love being able to avoid paying tax... >_>

I don't see why they wouldn't get it; they have the Nexus on their wireless store, so why wouldn't they get the Prime?
    wes008 likes this.
    10-14-2011 11:07 AM
    I'm just hoping Amazon has it, as I love being able to avoid paying tax... >_>
    Ahh, thank you for bringing up tax! I should definitely order it online, given that I'm buying it off-contract. Tax on $600 would be killer >_<
    10-14-2011 11:18 AM
    When does it end!?!?!?!?!?! Why can people just wait a week to get the official confirmation! It's not that far away. Sorry to be an *** but I just can't take it anymore, we all have the same information and which none of it is absolute.
    Haha, you sound like my dad! I mentioned it to him and he said the same thing.
    10-14-2011 11:20 AM
    Maybe you should take a time-out from the forums and let your blood pressure come back down.
    10-14-2011 11:26 AM
    Well this does not help...

Galaxy Nexus Also Shows Up in Best Buy Cellebrite System, Will It Be Their Exclusive? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

If this is true im gonna be really mad if there is no way to pre order this thing online. Standing in line with 2 local best buys would be hell on launch day.
    10-14-2011 12:37 PM
    Retailers will get it for sure. There needs to be a GSM version of it as well, remember!
    10-14-2011 12:48 PM
    Nexus Prime?
    come on, what's the damn name going to be?
    10-14-2011 01:15 PM
    I just want to be able to preorder online. Don't feel like having to deal with lines or waiting for another shipment to arrive at a store.
    10-14-2011 02:06 PM
    I want to read the reviews here before I get my phone, so I am going to wait a few days or weeks before I purchase it.
    10-14-2011 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD