10-18-2011 07:30 PM
97 1234
tools
    I hate contracts so I am buying at retail once it drops on Tmo
    10-15-2011 09:33 AM
    If you have a family plan isn't the first line the only line that gets the deep discount? If not how much discount does the primary get compared to the other lines?
    10-15-2011 10:17 AM
    I'll be buying off contract so will be paying full retail at UK prices (OUCH!!!!)
    10-15-2011 10:54 AM
    I'll be buying off contract so will be paying full retail at UK prices (OUCH!!!!)
    Are UK prices higher than US prices (retail)? It would be better to buy the nexus prime from there since it would automatically unlocked (assuming that it would be both cdma/gsm)?
    10-15-2011 02:02 PM
    I got my Bionic with the Best Buy buy back program so I'll sell it back to them for around $350 and pay full price for the Prime.
    10-15-2011 08:21 PM
    Just logged into Verizon and said I wanted to update just to confirm I would need to pay full price. Surprise, to upgrade to the current number one was $289 so I guess I will not have to pay full price for my next phone. Now to make up my mind. Bought my current phone in June/10 so did not expect to have reduced pricing.
    10-15-2011 09:39 PM
    I have a few lines that I just use for upgrading. One line just hit the upgrade on 10/11 so why not use it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    You do that too huh?
    10-15-2011 10:09 PM
    If you have a family plan isn't the first line the only line that gets the deep discount? If not how much discount does the primary get compared to the other lines?
    Every line is eligible for two year upgrade pricing however the now retired programs New Every Two and Annual Upgrade were for the main line only (some people still have one more go at each of these if they were enrolled at the time of the changes)..
    10-15-2011 10:13 PM
    Just logged into Verizon and said I wanted to update just to confirm I would need to pay full price. Surprise, to upgrade to the current number one was $289 so I guess I will not have to pay full price for my next phone. Now to make up my mind. Bought my current phone in June/10 so did not expect to have reduced pricing.
    This sounds like an annual upgrade and like I said in my other post this is the last time you will be able to use it.
    10-15-2011 10:15 PM
    I'll be paying full retail as well and selling my Thunderbolt.
    10-15-2011 10:21 PM
    Seems like I will not be the only one getting rid of this damn Thunderbolt for the nexus
    10-15-2011 10:36 PM
    What is the best way to get a good deal on a full retail Prime once it comes out? Are most of you going to get it at a Verizon retail store, eBay, or another online site? Thanks for any advice!
    10-15-2011 10:39 PM
    I've ordered an iPhone 4S that won't arrive until the 28th according to Verizon. That gives me plenty of time to check out Google/Samsung's and Motorola's announcements to see what's coming out. Worst case, I might keep the iPhone and buy either the Nexus or Droid RAZR (or whatever it ends up being called) at full retail and switch back and forth between Android and iOS when I feel like it.
    10-15-2011 10:54 PM
    Are UK prices higher than US prices (retail)? It would be better to buy the nexus prime from there since it would automatically unlocked (assuming that it would be both cdma/gsm)?
    We tend to pay the same figure in pounds as you do in dollars so if this phone is $600 retail*, we would pay 600 which is about $950 dollars. If there were a way of getting a phone that would work on our GSM bands at US prices and getting it over here without being stung for import then myself and many others would be doing it.

* please note the figure of $600 was for example only. I have no idea what this phone will cost IRL.
    10-16-2011 12:39 PM
    I would like to buy this sucker on launch day, but I'd like to avoid buying, then hearing about a 2nd day discount. That happened to 2 buddies, one paid full price for a Bionic, then a day later a 2nd friend got it $100 cheaper. I know this is common with electronics, but I'd like to avoid the first adoptor's tax.
    10-16-2011 12:54 PM
    This guy is paying full retail for it. No upgrade, seeing as how I got my Incredible at Black Friday last year.
    10-16-2011 07:30 PM
    if its in a $50-100 dollar range from the GS2 full retail ill wait for the nexus but if its more than $600 NOOPE
    10-16-2011 08:31 PM
    if its in a $50-100 dollar range from the GS2 full retail ill wait for the nexus but if its more than $600 NOOPE
    My guess is 599 full retail. That's what seems to go with a 299 on contract price.
    10-16-2011 08:39 PM
    I've ordered an iPhone 4S that won't arrive until the 28th according to Verizon. That gives me plenty of time to check out Google/Samsung's and Motorola's announcements to see what's coming out. Worst case, I might keep the iPhone and buy either the Nexus or Droid RAZR (or whatever it ends up being called) at full retail and switch back and forth between Android and iOS when I feel like it.
    You're gonna get tired switching from 3g to a sim-based LTE device, you'll have to call in customer service all the time and eventually your sim card won't activate.
    Ask me how I know...
    Scout_313 likes this.
    10-16-2011 08:40 PM
    I will be paying full retail
    10-16-2011 08:41 PM
    I have a measly $30 early upgrade credit. So I guess I'm still pretty much paying full price!
    10-16-2011 08:47 PM
    FYI, if you guys are paying full retail, DO NOT buy it at best buy. We mark up our phones to encourage upgrading. So scratch BBY off your list lol. either go through Verizon, or check ebay. But be careful, ebay users like to get alot when the phone just launches.

If some of you have upgrades soon like myself, i recommend calling VZ customer service and asking if you can early upgrade. It's a 30 dollar fee. I'll take it lol. 330 is alot better than 600.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    10-16-2011 09:33 PM
    You're gonna get tired switching from 3g to a sim-based LTE device, you'll have to call in customer service all the time and eventually your sim card won't activate.
    Ask me how I know...
    I've switched phones so many times this past year but every time I did so, I just returned the devices. I completely forgot to take that into account if I were to have 2 phones.
    10-16-2011 09:38 PM
    FYI, if you guys are paying full retail, DO NOT buy it at best buy. We mark up our phones to encourage upgrading. So scratch BBY off your list lol. either go through Verizon, or check ebay. But be careful, ebay users like to get alot when the phone just launches.

If some of you have upgrades soon like myself, i recommend calling VZ customer service and asking if you can early upgrade. It's a 30 dollar fee. I'll take it lol. 330 is alot better than 600.
    Thanks for the tips!

How soon is your upgrade date? Mine is in March, IIRC.
    10-16-2011 10:49 PM
    Thanks for the tips!

How soon is your upgrade date? Mine is in March, IIRC.
    Mine is Feb 18. I spoke with one of my BBY Mobile co workers and they said the best thing to do is call as soon as the phone is announced, so that way you seem part of the big rush, and VZ would have no problem moving it up. As long as youve been with them for a while. The process is done through the loyalty department so they basically check your status with them. Payments, contract length etc.
    The Mad Mule likes this.
    10-16-2011 11:15 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD