Anybody paying full retail for the Prime?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
At this point I really think I'm leaning in another direction for my next phone, but, if I do decide to get the Nexus I will be paying full price for it.

I'll be waiting for the announcement with the specs for the Nexus and the other phone and will decide then which I'm going to be buying.

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Just sold my Bionic on CL for $400. Using my OG until the Prime drops.. although I didn't think it was for a while there. But I'll be paying full retail.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

caasheew

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I have the bionic and might not make the return window. If I don't I will be paying full retail for this phone. I just really want the nexus experience.

cerob

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am not due for an upgrade until February 2012, and I really don't want to wait. I am trying to convince the wife to let me upgrade early & pay full retail. I am offering her my upgrade in February if she goes for it. She can't upgrade until September 2012. I hope it works.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I am not due for an upgrade until February 2012, and I really don't want to wait. I am trying to convince the wife to let me upgrade early & pay full retail. I am offering her my upgrade in February if she goes for it. She can't upgrade until September 2012. I hope it works.

mine is in february as well. My plan is to call verizon the day after the phone is announced and ask if i can get my upgrade moved up. They told me they sometimes offer that for specific phones.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So the battery may not be removable . Where does the sim card go?

And how long I'd the return window?

We still have no idea about the battery. I merely speculated it could be sealed and let everyone know it was a complete guess on my part. I don't want to get any sort of train rolling that it's unsealed.

And on topic, yes, I'll be going the full retail route.

Yadao

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Almost everyone here is paying full retail. I have been sitting on an upgrade since Dec. 2010 because when I bought my original Incredible, I paid in full. I hope the Nexus is no more than $300 with an upgrade. College has me strapped for cash.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I would also be paying retail if they did not mess up with my upgrade. I added a new line and upgraded another and when I called in a month later for insurance claim they told me I had an upgrade left. Lol so here is hoping T-Mobile gets nexus love.

GutterIsATool

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll be paying full retail. I hope Amazon sells it so I don't have to pay that extra 10% in sales tax.

Sent from my Google Nexus S

Yeah. I'm with you. I want to use my Amazon Card so I can pay it off interest free over a couple months. Think that's the only way I can justify it to my wife. I'm so ready to dump this Thunderbolt.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Have an upgrade since April. I was waiting and waiting for the Bionic, got it and then did not like all the bugs. Returned it on the 14th day, thereby preserving my upgrade. Thank goodness!!

Price is $299 for upgrade...

Katherine

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
If it comes to AT&T sometime soon then absolutely. Love my sgsII but my old lady will get this and I'll enjoy vanilla Android sexyness.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I always jump on the latest and greatest. Going from Bionic to Prime this time.

My reasoning is that if you wait too long to sell your current phone, it depreciates so much the your "old" phone is worth way less than half the cost of the new one. If I can recoup half the cost of the new phone by selling my current phone... I am pretty much happy. More is better when it happens and sometimes it does. In either case, its cheaper in most cases than paying an ETF and losing my grandfathered unlimited data to boot.

My example is going from a Verizon phone to Verizon phone. Not sure if you are asking that or are meaning to break a contract with Sprint to move to Verizon.

I have verizon under my name but wife uses the phone. Got the the Droid in Dec 2009 and just recently the bionic. I'm pretty sure i have unlimited data. I have Sprint for 13 years and the HTC EVO for one year. I want to finally be on Verizon so I will get a break adding another phone line just hope I keep the unlimited.

Seems full retail is best and sell the prime after a year and then do it again to the next fancy phone.