Anybody paying full retail for the Prime?

zhawks

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Full retail for me for any phone I decide to get once this phone and my plan B (Moto Spyder/Razr) get announced next week. Still haven't made up my mind yet. Need to see the final product and soon. I've waited long enough to replace my OG Droid.

Does anyone know if there is any actual value added to signing a 2yr contract besides getting the cheaper subsidized phone price at the beginning? I can't come up with one, which is why I'm done with contracts. Plus don't you end up paying more than the full retail price for the phone by the end of the 2 year contract? Personally I would rather let the credit card company collect interest on my phone purchase than let Verizon bank the extra profits.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes there is a strong chance I will be paying full retail for this phone. I've wanted a Nexus for years but it's never been compatible with my carrier of choice until now.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I will be buying one for me and my GF. We have Thunderbolts now and cannot wait to get rid of our phones. Happy we are grandfathered into unlimited LTE though.

ChillFactorz

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Nope, Will wait out the AT&T subsidized pricing, I have a hard enough time convincing my wife for a $199 phone purchase. I'm looking for a ICS OS as my next phone. I'm not sure how long it will take for LTE in my area, awhile. I get upgrades every year, so LTE on my next go around.

bob13bob

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
you guys might as well sell you phones sooner as you'll get much higher resale that way. At the rates androids depreciate, to get the newest phone / dollar, I'll be buying android 6+ months old. Evo eg is $100 used ($500June last year)

I'll pick up an iphone 4s, sell it brand new immediately, then grab a droid prime after it's been outclassed.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'll buy it off contract. Just switched a few months ago for the thunderbolt, returned it, got an iPhone... hated it, bought thunderbolt again outright. Never looked back. I do love my thunderbolt, but it has some flaws this Nexus shouldn't have... like being able to view the screen outdoors. I'm a power user and have been itching for a nexus device since the original N1.

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of the lucky ones with a upgrade available (Oct. 22) and will be using it if this Nexus is all its hoped to be.
I upgrade every six months (give or take) due to the way I staggered our four lines. I use the upgrades then pass my old device down to my wife and hers to o.e of the kids and so on..
For the money I pay each month, I deserve the nicest/newest toys! ;)

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I have a few lines that I just use for upgrading. One line just hit the upgrade on 10/11 so why not use it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If you have a family plan isn't the first line the only line that gets the deep discount? If not how much discount does the primary get compared to the other lines?

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I got my Bionic with the Best Buy buy back program so I'll sell it back to them for around $350 and pay full price for the Prime.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Just logged into Verizon and said I wanted to update just to confirm I would need to pay full price. Surprise, to upgrade to the current number one was $289 so I guess I will not have to pay full price for my next phone. Now to make up my mind. Bought my current phone in June/10 so did not expect to have reduced pricing.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
If you have a family plan isn't the first line the only line that gets the deep discount? If not how much discount does the primary get compared to the other lines?

Every line is eligible for two year upgrade pricing however the now retired programs New Every Two and Annual Upgrade were for the main line only (some people still have one more go at each of these if they were enrolled at the time of the changes)..

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Just logged into Verizon and said I wanted to update just to confirm I would need to pay full price. Surprise, to upgrade to the current number one was $289 so I guess I will not have to pay full price for my next phone. Now to make up my mind. Bought my current phone in June/10 so did not expect to have reduced pricing.

This sounds like an annual upgrade and like I said in my other post this is the last time you will be able to use it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks