Anybody paying full retail for the Prime?

ccjjr59

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
What is the best way to get a good deal on a full retail Prime once it comes out? Are most of you going to get it at a Verizon retail store, eBay, or another online site? Thanks for any advice!

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I've ordered an iPhone 4S that won't arrive until the 28th according to Verizon. That gives me plenty of time to check out Google/Samsung's and Motorola's announcements to see what's coming out. Worst case, I might keep the iPhone and buy either the Nexus or Droid RAZR (or whatever it ends up being called) at full retail and switch back and forth between Android and iOS when I feel like it.

Last edited:

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Are UK prices higher than US prices (retail)? It would be better to buy the nexus prime from there since it would automatically unlocked (assuming that it would be both cdma/gsm)?

We tend to pay the same figure in pounds as you do in dollars so if this phone is $600 retail*, we would pay ?600 which is about $950 dollars. If there were a way of getting a phone that would work on our GSM bands at US prices and getting it over here without being stung for import then myself and many others would be doing it.

* please note the figure of $600 was for example only. I have no idea what this phone will cost IRL.

gonzlobo

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I would like to buy this sucker on launch day, but I'd like to avoid buying, then hearing about a 2nd day discount. That happened to 2 buddies, one paid full price for a Bionic, then a day later a 2nd friend got it $100 cheaper. I know this is common with electronics, but I'd like to avoid the first adoptor's tax.

panerai7

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've ordered an iPhone 4S that won't arrive until the 28th according to Verizon. That gives me plenty of time to check out Google/Samsung's and Motorola's announcements to see what's coming out. Worst case, I might keep the iPhone and buy either the Nexus or Droid RAZR (or whatever it ends up being called) at full retail and switch back and forth between Android and iOS when I feel like it.

You're gonna get tired switching from 3g to a sim-based LTE device, you'll have to call in customer service all the time and eventually your sim card won't activate.
Ask me how I know...

Reactions: Scout_313

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
FYI, if you guys are paying full retail, DO NOT buy it at best buy. We mark up our phones to encourage upgrading. So scratch BBY off your list lol. either go through Verizon, or check ebay. But be careful, ebay users like to get alot when the phone just launches.

If some of you have upgrades soon like myself, i recommend calling VZ customer service and asking if you can early upgrade. It's a 30 dollar fee. I'll take it lol. 330 is alot better than 600.

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
You're gonna get tired switching from 3g to a sim-based LTE device, you'll have to call in customer service all the time and eventually your sim card won't activate.
Ask me how I know...

I've switched phones so many times this past year but every time I did so, I just returned the devices. I completely forgot to take that into account if I were to have 2 phones.

The Mad Mule

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
FYI, if you guys are paying full retail, DO NOT buy it at best buy. We mark up our phones to encourage upgrading. So scratch BBY off your list lol. either go through Verizon, or check ebay. But be careful, ebay users like to get alot when the phone just launches.

If some of you have upgrades soon like myself, i recommend calling VZ customer service and asking if you can early upgrade. It's a 30 dollar fee. I'll take it lol. 330 is alot better than 600.

Thanks for the tips! :)

How soon is your upgrade date? Mine is in March, IIRC.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tips! :)

How soon is your upgrade date? Mine is in March, IIRC.

Mine is Feb 18. I spoke with one of my BBY Mobile co workers and they said the best thing to do is call as soon as the phone is announced, so that way you seem part of the big rush, and VZ would have no problem moving it up. As long as youve been with them for a while. The process is done through the loyalty department so they basically check your status with them. Payments, contract length etc.

Reactions: The Mad Mule

iijeriichoii

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
How much could I get for my Bionic with extended and original battery? See lots of $400, would LOVE to sell it for that much (it has no scratches, bumps, etc), but my OG is struggling...hard. If I wait till the release date, you think I could fetch $400?!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7