Don't say sealed battery

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
We don't know what it's going to be. Anything said about it now is pure speculation. Tuesday we should have a better idea.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Being that the phone is curved the way it is, I'm inclined to believe it probably will be an unremovable battery. Wouldn't the battery, itself, have to be curved, too? Can they do that with batteries? I can't say I've ever seen a "curved" battery.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm always on the go and I never swap batteries. My phone is in a case and pulling that off, the back cover off, shutting down, swapping batteries, putting it all back together is a pain. I just carry a slim external battery that recharges the phone on the fly if I get low. Otherwise, there's a charger in my car, at my work desk and my home that it gets connected to. A non-removable battery wouldn't even bother me.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
There have been rumors that this phone also might not have a replaceable microSD card. This might be related to the curvature of the phone and possible lack of user-replaceable battery since microSD cards are now typically located in the battery compartment.

Thanks, Robrecht

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
There have been rumors that this phone also might not have a replaceable microSD card. This might be related to the curvature of the phone and possible lack of user-replaceable battery since microSD cards are now typically located in the battery compartment.

Thanks, Robrecht

You may be onto something here, time will tell.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
A thin flat battery would fit inside the curve. Just because the chassis and screen is curved doesn't mean everything inside the phone will be curved as well.

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
This is just my guess, but I'm thinking its gonna need a removable battery. All android phones do. Especially if you're Rooting and Romming your going to get into a situation where the OS becomes unresponsive enough to where you need a bat pull. Everyones been there I think. Unless ICS addresses that problem

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
A thin flat battery would fit inside the curve. Just because the chassis and screen is curved doesn't mean everything inside the phone will be curved as well.

It does however mean, that any potential extended battery is going to be thick enough to drastically alter the form factor of the phone.Which could be a reason on Google/Samsung's part for potentially making a non-removable battery.

Personally, I'm going to be -VERY- disappointed if this phone launches without an extended battery option, and without a SD-Card slot...... As I'd much rather deal with touchwiz/blur/sense which can be ROM'd off anyhow, than deal without having storage space for movies, or a battery that doesn't last me a full day.

Reactions: Phoenix111

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I'm going to be -VERY- disappointed if this phone launches without an extended battery option, and without a SD-Card slot......

Why? How many times a day do you remove the SD card. Personally I only remove it when I get a new phone. Now i would just have to copy the card to my PC. Big deal. If it means a thinner phone I'm game.

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Why? How many times a day do you remove the SD card. Personally I only remove it when I get a new phone. Now i would just have to copy the card to my PC. Big deal. If it means a thinner phone I'm game.

Simple math is why...... Phones with SD-Card slots almost invariably hold more total data than phones without....

Even if this phone has 32gb on board (which is on the high side for phones today) it still has at best identical storage to a 16gb phone with a 16gb card stock, and is a full 16gb behind when you upgrade to a 32gb card slot...

Imo, there is no upper limit on how much data you can have on phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke