10-16-2011 10:20 AM
41 12
tools
    As title.
    Can't belive to sealed battery, I'm always on the go and I always need to battery, how can I do with sealed battery?
    10-14-2011 03:31 PM
    We don't know what it's going to be. Anything said about it now is pure speculation. Tuesday we should have a better idea.
    10-14-2011 03:34 PM
    As title.
    Can't belive to sealed battery, I'm always on the go and I always need to battery, how can I do with sealed battery?
    The prime might have good battery life.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.
    10-14-2011 03:34 PM
    Being that the phone is curved the way it is, I'm inclined to believe it probably will be an unremovable battery. Wouldn't the battery, itself, have to be curved, too? Can they do that with batteries? I can't say I've ever seen a "curved" battery.
    10-14-2011 03:36 PM
    I'm always on the go and I never swap batteries. My phone is in a case and pulling that off, the back cover off, shutting down, swapping batteries, putting it all back together is a pain. I just carry a slim external battery that recharges the phone on the fly if I get low. Otherwise, there's a charger in my car, at my work desk and my home that it gets connected to. A non-removable battery wouldn't even bother me.
    10-14-2011 03:36 PM
    Sealed battery will be the biggest deal breaker for this phone.
    giograves likes this.
    10-14-2011 03:42 PM
    There have been rumors that this phone also might not have a replaceable microSD card. This might be related to the curvature of the phone and possible lack of user-replaceable battery since microSD cards are now typically located in the battery compartment.

Thanks, Robrecht
    10-14-2011 03:56 PM
    Sealed battery will be the biggest deal breaker for this phone.
    We get it. Did you really have to make a new thread for this?
    10-14-2011 04:00 PM
    We get it. Did you really have to make a new thread for this?
    do you really need to answer for this?
    10-14-2011 04:03 PM
    What if it had two batteries? Easier to fit in the curve maybe.
    10-14-2011 04:06 PM
    Actually, that may be the case. Two separated batteries would be able to mesh into that curve. I guess we'll find out next week!
    10-14-2011 04:08 PM
    Or one bulky battery in the middle.
    10-14-2011 04:09 PM
    There have been rumors that this phone also might not have a replaceable microSD card. This might be related to the curvature of the phone and possible lack of user-replaceable battery since microSD cards are now typically located in the battery compartment.

Thanks, Robrecht
    You may be onto something here, time will tell.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-14-2011 05:05 PM
    can't understand where is the problem in fitting a battery on that phone.
    10-14-2011 05:07 PM
    A thin flat battery would fit inside the curve. Just because the chassis and screen is curved doesn't mean everything inside the phone will be curved as well.
    10-14-2011 05:26 PM
    This is just my guess, but I'm thinking its gonna need a removable battery. All android phones do. Especially if you're Rooting and Romming your going to get into a situation where the OS becomes unresponsive enough to where you need a bat pull. Everyones been there I think. Unless ICS addresses that problem

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk
    10-14-2011 05:38 PM
    A thin flat battery would fit inside the curve. Just because the chassis and screen is curved doesn't mean everything inside the phone will be curved as well.
    It does however mean, that any potential extended battery is going to be thick enough to drastically alter the form factor of the phone.Which could be a reason on Google/Samsung's part for potentially making a non-removable battery.

Personally, I'm going to be -VERY- disappointed if this phone launches without an extended battery option, and without a SD-Card slot...... As I'd much rather deal with touchwiz/blur/sense which can be ROM'd off anyhow, than deal without having storage space for movies, or a battery that doesn't last me a full day.
    Phoenix111 likes this.
    10-14-2011 05:39 PM
    Exactly. You know the boards will be flat.

10-14-2011 05:40 PM

Personally, I'm going to be -VERY- disappointed if this phone launches without an extended battery option, and without a SD-Card slot......
    Why? How many times a day do you remove the SD card. Personally I only remove it when I get a new phone. Now i would just have to copy the card to my PC. Big deal. If it means a thinner phone I'm game.

10-14-2011 05:45 PM
    Why? How many times a day do you remove the SD card. Personally I only remove it when I get a new phone. Now i would just have to copy the card to my PC. Big deal. If it means a thinner phone I'm game.

Simple math is why...... Phones with SD-Card slots almost invariably hold more total data than phones without....

Even if this phone has 32gb on board (which is on the high side for phones today) it still has at best identical storage to a 16gb phone with a 16gb card stock, and is a full 16gb behind when you upgrade to a 32gb card slot...

Imo, there is no upper limit on how much data you can have on phone.
    10-14-2011 06:15 PM
    Love these "troll threads". *eye roll*
    10-14-2011 06:16 PM
    In the age of cloud storage, a removable sd is not very important to me. I keep all my videos, photo and music on the cloud and only take wirh me the things I need in case of a media emergency. If a non removable battery and non removable sd slot mean a slimmer, better design, then I am 100% in.

Come on guys.... cloud storage!!

In regards to the battery, I should just keep one of those nifty external batteries with me. They are less expensive, and usually offer a longer charge time.
    10-14-2011 06:24 PM
    Simple math is why...... Phones with SD-Card slots almost invariably hold more total data than phones without....

Even if this phone has 32gb on board (which is on the high side for phones today) it still has at best identical storage to a 16gb phone with a 16gb card stock, and is a full 16gb behind when you upgrade to a 32gb card slot...

Imo, there is no upper limit on how much data you can have on phone.
    That's just a perception with removable storage devices but it's not completely true. The phones typically only support up to a certain number of gb cards. The Bionic only supported up to 32gb. So while it may feel like "unlimited" because you can put your own card into the slot, the reality is that it has a ceiling based on what the phone supports anyway.

That said, I still would prefer a removable card (and battery) but probably only because that is what I am used to in my old Droids....

DH could care less and he is a technogeek with an iPhone 4. When his battery started losing charge, they just replaced his phone for him! Katherine
    10-14-2011 08:46 PM
    Actually, I believe one of the leaks did confirm a removable battery, although to be honest I expected a sealed battery, given the curve of the phone.
    10-14-2011 09:50 PM
    I'm hoping the battery can be removed for those times when a true battery pull is needed to get things working again.
    My Samsung battery is sealed on my tablet, and there are no reset buttons.
    There were times when things froze up, and I had no way of getting it back up and running right away.
    I tried the combination of the power button and volume keys as the method for reseting. Most times it will work right away, but then there are times it won't.
    Thinking I would have to send it in to Samsung for repair, it would start back working as it should after a while.
    I'd hate for my phone to have to go through the same ordeal.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    10-14-2011 10:08 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD