What accessories do you want on release day?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see a windshield mount and a car charger. Hopefully it will be micro USB but Samsung has a history of using proprietary ports on their devices.

An anti-glare screen protector and a silicone case would be good as well.

As far as it was covered so far, weren't we looking at contact charging(for docks) on the GN/NP? Maybe I just made that up but it would require new docks all the way around. I want to see a Samsung laptop dock, but since it doesn't exist I know I'm just picking up a few HD Docks and calling it a day.

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Extended battery, and hopefully a good case that fits the extended, and even more longshot: a dock that fits both the ext battery and the case.....

I'm probably the only person in the world who hates how thin/light phones have gotten, I always feel like I'm going to break the newer models in half just holding them...

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
On day one I want a case and screen protector. I'll read reviews of other accessories after that and just order online.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Extended battery, and hopefully a good case that fits the extended, and even more longshot: a dock that fits both the ext battery and the case.....

I'm probably the only person in the world who hates how thin/light phones have gotten, I always feel like I'm going to break the newer models in half just holding them...

Nope. The main reason I bought the Xoom over the Galaxy 10.1 is because it felt tough.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Charging dock for my nightstand please!!

I got a Bionic on day one from Costco with the great bundle pack they included with it (car dock, desktop dock, extra std battery, battery charging station, car charger, etc...) and out of all of that, the one that I've used the most and liked more than I anticipated has been the desktop dock. Have it on my nightstand. And since I've already had Costco replace my Bionic once (after getting a TON of run around from both them and the VZW stores), I'm still having issues.....so, I'll be looking to exchange this one out in hopes of getting a Nexus. Waiting around in the VZW store for unhelpful tech support, I spied the charging dock and extra battery charging station that was an all in one deal for the DROID Charge. Looked a lot slicker than the separate units that Moto had for the Bionic. Would like to see one of those for the Nexus. A decent car dock might be cool, but I honestly have yet to even take the plastic off the car dock I got in the bundle for the Bionic.....

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
If they have a desk dock and a holster I will pick these up on release day no questions asked. Now only to convince my wife wife I need all these items....:)

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Car mount, desk dock, and an extra battery I will wait for a Seidio case and better screen protector.

Need me a car dock. Use my phones as a GPS so lets hope the GPS is good.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Agreed, all the above, the car dock would really be nice, I use the GPS for finding clients residence for my computer service business. Google maps/navigation integration is awesome with a car dock.

fvineyard

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
+2 for car dock... that is a must for me. Preferably made by Samsung specifically for the Nexus. Samsung and Motorola both seem to do a good job on the accessories. I hope the car dock will accomodate a case, but if not I will remove it as needed for GPS use.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping the car dock is right in line with the previous Samsung car docks... I made a custom mount for my Fascinate, and now use it with my Charge. As long as it is the same design, it will work with my mount!

And I'll take the desk dock as well.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I want is a HP/Palm Touchstone comparable back cover so I can use my bedside, car and office Touchstone chargers with my new phone. The Touchstone is, hands down the best mobile accessory ever!

Of course I would love if the GN came with webOS too, but since neither of these are going happen, it looks like I'll be rockin ICS on a GN with a modified back.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I want is a HP/Palm Touchstone comparable back cover so I can use my bedside, car and office Touchstone chargers with my new phone. The Touchstone is, hands down the best mobile accessory ever!

Of course I would love if the GN came with webOS too, but since neither of these are going happen, it looks like I'll be rockin ICS on a GN with a modified back.

touchstone messes with the compass because it is magnetic. Don't expect anything official like that. you may see a non-magnetic powermat accessory though.