What accessories do you want on release day?

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
touchstone messes with the compass because it is magnetic. Don't expect anything official like that. you may see a non-magnetic powermat accessory though.
Of course I don't expect anything official like that. That's why I said
"Of course I would love if the GN came with webOS too, but since neither of these are going happen, it looks like I'll be rockin ICS on a GN with a modified back."
LOL

Not worried about the compass. Besides, the stronger magnets are in the actual Touchstone, not the phone. Most have found that the magnets in the phone have no effect on the compass when it's not on the Touchstone.

Not interested in a Powermat. It can't be adapted for use in a car like the Touchstone.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
All I want for my Sexy Nexy will be just that dock they showed at the presentation along with a screen protector and a nice case. Other than that I am not too sure, maybe if it does HDMI mirroring or something like that then I'll get what is available to do so.

CongBroChill17

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I use my phone quite often in the car for music and navigation so a car dock would be nice.

I don't like anything obstructing my view though so hopefully there will be a dock made specifically for the Nexus by Samsung that sits minimally on the dash or better yet one that attaches to a vent.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone quite often in the car for music and navigation so a car dock would be nice.

I don't like anything obstructing my view though so hopefully there will be a dock made specifically for the Nexus by Samsung that sits minimally on the dash or better yet one that attaches to a vent.

I liked the look and simplicity of the Nexus One dock. Wasn't obstructive at all.

41XIVkQWMeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Nexus S' dock was nowhere near as nice and elegant looking:
28222-2.jpg

Galaxy S II docks aren't any different really:
ECS-V1A3B_400x400.jpg

Last edited:

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I liked the look and simplicity of the Nexus One dock. Wasn't obstructive at all.

I like the Nexus S dock and the Galaxy S II dock. I hope they have something similar.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I like the Nexus S dock and the Galaxy S II dock. I hope they have something similar.

I had an epic and used the car dock. It was alright. The handmade one I made for my Hero was better though. Followed some simple directions online and modified a belt-clip case with the screen out and a garmin nuvi windshield mount and some filing and epoxy and in 24 hours you got an inexpensive robust car dock :) Didn't look half-bad either.

IMG_20110926_191713.jpg

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
^^ Good idea!

Me, I'd do something similar, but instead of a windshield mount I'd just glue some velcro to the back of the plastic belt-clip casing and stick the opposing velcro hooks swatch on the dash (I have a lot of vertical flat space on my dash).

Slide the Nexus in the belt-clip housing, then stick it on the dash. Presto!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Cool, I hadn't realized the Nexus S even had a car dock, at least it didn't when I had it. This gives me hope that the GN will have a Navigation dock. :)

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Screen protectors and a case day 1. Depending on the availability of a Spare battery charger, if i can ill grab one of those as well.

I hope Verizon does a Spare battery/Spare battery charger combo like they did with the bionic. That was a decent deal after discounts.

Does anyone know if the port on the bottom is a standard micro usb or a port just for Samsung phones? If its not standard ill need a car charger as well. :mad:

CongBroChill17

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

The Nexus S dock looks simple but also huge. Attaching that thing to my dash would be the same as to my windshield. All the third party docks either lack quality or are overly complex because they're universal. Only time will tell if I'm going to have to use the "cup holder dock" or not haha

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463