10-31-2011 12:14 PM
163 1234 ...
tools
    I feel bad for bionic owners. I talked a friend out of buying the bionic a couple of weeks ago and sent him info on the new razr and the Galaxy nexus. He loves moto though.
    Yeah, I'm just glad my other upgrade wasn't due until October 6th. Otherwise I may have made a mistake and gotten the Bionic. Now I get to see two phones that seem like they are going to be amazing.
    10-18-2011 12:46 PM
    I don't know that this was covered but it was just mentioned that the Razr does NOT have a removable battery. Which to me means that the Galaxy Nexus/Nexus Prime will win this race hands down
    10-18-2011 12:49 PM
    I feel bad for bionic owners. I talked a friend out of buying the bionic a couple of weeks ago and sent him info on the new razr and prime. He loves moto though.
    Let me quietly tuck away my Bionic...well, it is what it is. The only real advantage the Bionic has over the RAZR now is the fact you can swap batteries out and an SD card. I can see that being very important to some.
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
    10-18-2011 12:49 PM
    Let me quietly tuck away my Bionic...well, it is what it is. The only real advantage the Bionic has over the RAZR now is the fact you can swap batteries out and an SD card. I can see that being very important to some.
    Dont get me wrong, I was about to pull the trigger and trade the bolt in for it until I played with it in the vzw store. I felt the screen was a downgrade compared to the bolt. The workout watch that it syncs with is amazing. I'll be getting one.
    10-18-2011 12:53 PM
    Come on.... No brainer...
    -
    Bloatware vs None
    -Blur vs Stock
    -Updates first from google vs carrier/verizon updates
    Motorola vs Samsung hardware
    spaceboyusa likes this.
    10-18-2011 01:01 PM
    I don't know that this was covered but it was just mentioned that the Razr does NOT have a removable battery. Which to me means that the Galaxy Nexus/Nexus Prime will win this race hands down
    Hasn't been confirmed yet. But i don't care if the Nexus has a removable batt. If they put enough memory inside, 32GB, then it won't matter to me anyways. I don't have enough crap to fill up 10GBs let alone 32.
    10-18-2011 01:19 PM
    I don't think I ever considered the RAZR, but now that it has a non-removable battery and a locked bootloader, definitely not. I mainly want the Nexus because of zero bloat, no skin, screen size, SAMOLED, LTE, ICS out of the box, first to receive updates, and it is a good looking phone.
    10-18-2011 01:24 PM
    Nexus is my choice
    FD2 likes this.
    10-18-2011 01:25 PM
    Nexus all day long, Just hoping it is announced with a solid release date tonight
    10-18-2011 01:26 PM
    I just don't see the need for quad-core in phones. Heck I'll probably end up getting a dual-core tablet when the quad-cores come out simply because they'll be cheaper. I could possibly see quad-core being needed more on a tablet, but on a phone it's pretty much a waste. With the Razr and the Galaxy Nexus being as thin as they are, I'm pretty sure the smaller LTE radios have to be out already, so I'm not worried about that anymore. Anything thinner than my Thunderbolt with dual-core and LTE will suit me just fine.
    I don't either. But I am looking forward to the better GPUs and 2nd-generation LTE radios that will be implemented with the quad core chips.

Thanks, Robrecht
    10-18-2011 01:40 PM
    Actually, Google wants to buy Moto, but it hasn't happened yet.
    Google bought Motorola Mobility for 12.5 billion in mid August.
    10-18-2011 02:19 PM
    It's not technically a done deal yet. Has to be approved, ironed out, etc.
    10-18-2011 02:20 PM
    Shareholder meeting for approval is in November. So, not a done deal yet.
    10-18-2011 02:26 PM
    It's not technically a done deal yet. Has to be approved, ironed out, etc.
    Gotcha, my bad greydarrah
    10-18-2011 02:27 PM
    The specs on the Razr are terrible, but I'm actually considering it just because it looks so cool and is so thin. And I actually like the new Motoblur a lot, solely because of its 3d animations, which ICS seems to lack.
    10-18-2011 02:35 PM
    This is going to be a tough one for me. I really like Motorola but nothing against Samsung.

My problem is the question, do I want a developers phone?

I was an early adopter of Honeycomb with a GED. Now yes I do get updates sooner but there has only been 3 and they all have introduced new bugs. Plus other manufactures haven't needed the latest update since it activated the Xooms SD card. And the wait for other manufactures to get updates pushed out has only been a couple weeks assuming it was a brand name. And on top of all the manufactures ui's have fixed the bugs I'm dealing with.

Google's update to honeycomb 3.2 is US only and it adds read only SD card support. Now Motorola's world wide 3.1 update added read AND write access for the SD card. Now some places in the world had there 3.1 update before I had 3.2. Which means some places in the world had SD card read write access before I could even read it. Keep in mind its been months and without rooting I still can't write to the SD without using a PC.

Damnt, I wish they never announced this phone. I'll probably get whichever is out first. Either case I know I'll regret it. :-)
    10-18-2011 02:38 PM
    I'm really torn. Locked bootloader is definitely a letdown, but that doesn't mean it can't be unlocked in the future. I want to know if the RAZR has an upgraded camera over the Bionic/Droid 3 and if it uses the 4460 over the 4430 OMAP. The accessories look pretty slick, but I'm not sure if that's enough to persuade me away from the Galaxy Nexus. Now if Costco bundles the RAZR with docks and the bluetooth keyboard....
    10-18-2011 02:39 PM
    I'm really torn. Locked bootloader is definitely a letdown, but that doesn't mean it can't be unlocked in the future. I want to know if the RAZR has an upgraded camera over the Bionic/Droid 3 and if it uses the 4460 over the 4430 OMAP. The accessories look pretty slick, but I'm not sure if that's enough to persuade me away from the Galaxy Nexus. Now if Costco bundles the RAZR with docks and the bluetooth keyboard....
    According to Engadget, it's the 4430 quite unfortunately.
    10-18-2011 02:47 PM
    I love phone wars. The customer always wins. If the rumored 10th is indeed the launch, I may hold both of these bad boys to see which I want. I just need to know the retail price on both since i'm on contract with the bolt since april.
    10-18-2011 02:48 PM
    Nexus prime unless i can wait and see whats on the horizon.
    10-18-2011 02:50 PM
    The more thought I give this the more I want to stick with the nexus.

The razr pics show cap buttons which I think will feel dated pretty quick compared to on screen buttons.

Amoled screen with a thinner battery makes me worry a bit then 4g? Yikes

None removable battery so if the battery life is lacking you won't have many options.

Waiting for ICS will probably be unbearable esp. if other phones get it first.

Motorola camera maybe questionable.

And I'm sure I'll think of a lot of etc's.
    10-18-2011 03:28 PM
    Razr =

Motorola Cameras normally suck.
    Locked Boot loader.
    Bloatware.
    Non Removable battery.
    Moto Blur.
    All major turn offs (to me at least)

Been waiting too long for a Nexus on VZW to pass that up.

Unlocked boot loader
    Stock Vanilla
    No bloatware
    ICS
    Quality camera (based on previous Samsung phones)

That's just me though.
    10-18-2011 03:50 PM
    According to Engadget, it's the 4430 quite unfortunately.
    Other sites are saying 4460...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-18-2011 03:53 PM
    Everybody keeps talking about a none removable battery for the RAZR as a reason not to get, but I thought that was the case for both phones?

I like the looks of the RAZR over the Nexus and the specs are close enough to each other as far as I'm concerned. But I think I still favor the the Nexus because ICS. But I still think I will wait until both are in the store and I can have a hands on with both of them, no pre ordering for me.
    10-18-2011 03:56 PM
    Does anyone care about gorilla glass?

I've had gorilla glass before and it is amazing.

I hope Prime has it because that will seal the deal with me
    10-18-2011 04:05 PM
163 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD