10-31-2011 12:14 PM
163 ... 4567
tools
    i've tried motorola phones, on more than one occasion - and i still cannot stand that their battery meter support remains in 10% intervals...
    So that's unique to Moto phones? I had wondered about that when I had the Bionic.

I'm still leaning toward the Nexus phone. I can't help it and love the way pure Google Android phones run. The Razr has a lot I like about it though and, I'm still thinking about it. The one thing that seems to be better on the Moto phones than my Iphone are the radios, the bluetooth is excellent and, the phone calls seem clearer. However, the Bioinc had signal strength issues, something my Iphone 4 has not had.

When I had the Nexus S, I never had issues with dropped calls or weak signal but, it did randomly reboot during calls. This was fixed by a update.
    10-22-2011 05:12 PM
    I thought they mentioned the Gorilla glass during the 1h reveal in Hong Kong this week. I agree this is a very helpful feature of a phone! My Droid X looks awesome with no screen protector 2y later!

Katherine
    10-22-2011 05:27 PM
    The charge has is but it still scratches fairly easily.. Where as motorolas,(motoroli?) in general, don't. (which confuses me)
    10-22-2011 07:39 PM
    a really nice side by side comparison of the two phones:

Galaxy Nexus vs. Droid Razr: how the specs compare
    DJCBlue likes this.
    10-24-2011 01:16 PM
    The gorilla glass and Motorola radios have me on the fence on which to get. If Motorola would have just made a temporary UI that supported on screen buttons until ICS came to it I would get the Razr. But even without Gorilla glass I'm still going for the GN. I'll have to read reviews on the Razr's battery life too, not being removable is just one less option I have.
    10-24-2011 02:57 PM
    The gorilla glass and Motorola radios have me on the fence on which to get. If Motorola would have just made a temporary UI that supported on screen buttons until ICS came to it I would get the Razr. But even without Gorilla glass I'm still going for the GN. I'll have to read reviews on the Razr's battery life too, not being removable is just one less option I have.
    Whwre did you find an anwser of the gorilla glass question?

D.J.
    10-24-2011 03:17 PM
    Whwre did you find an anwser of the gorilla glass question?

D.J.
    Secret insider....lol....actually when I posted that I didn't think they could figure out the curve for gorilla glass, like the Nexus S. However I was researching and found this....

Gorilla Glass Demo [PLUS: How Gorilla Glass Works - Chemically!] - SlashGear

There is a video that obviously shows a piece of gorilla glass that looks surprisingly like the screen on the GN. Not the first curved one but the more mildly curved one. I REALLY hope it uses it...
    10-24-2011 03:59 PM
    Yea I hope so to because I know my evo doesn't and I hate screen protectors...the cheap ones scratch to easy and I hate the feel of the good ones

D.J.
    10-24-2011 04:50 PM
    I am leaning toward an 32GB Galaxy Nexus, but if the Nexus only comes with 16GB I will get the Razr.
    10-24-2011 05:46 PM
    None of this 16/32GB talk would be happening if they had added an SD card slot. I would have gladly recycled my Tbolt SD card.
    qnet and milkshed27 like this.
    10-24-2011 05:54 PM
    I have the Thunderbolt and am very displeased to say the least but I have stuck with it since most of the other 4G phones that have come out since have similar specs. I know the Bionic is dual core but it does not do much for me, style wise. The Galaxy Nexus and Droid Razr are both looking promising, but as someone stated earlier, CES is just over 2 months away and since my plane ticket is bought, hotel booked and entry pass secured, I might have to wait. Then again I have never been one for patience. I might just have to pick one of them up and sell my Thunderbolt. Can't go to CES with old Tech.

Would there be any advantage to gettng the Galaxy Nexus since I already have a Galaxy Tab 10.1?

On a side note, is there anything like the original droid incredible coming out with LTE? I loved the size and power of the Dinc but want the ease of swapping sims with LTE devices. Before I switched to verizon I was with AT&T for several years and really liked the ability to just change between phones on a whim. As long as you use google and gmail for everything, you never have to do a lot of updating when changing phones. Ok, my rant is over.

I know this is a repost but I think this is a more appropriate spot
    10-24-2011 07:41 PM
    As I compare the 2 phones more I am leaning towards the RAZR. A few key points: Razr has an SD card slot. This is big because I like having external storage in addition to on-board memory. So with the RAZR I could potentially have 48GB (16GB in phone + 32GB SD card). Nexus would only be 32GB max, and everything is on the phone.

The non-removable battery is the only downfall I see with the Razr, other than ICS but that's not a big deal anymore because it will get the ICS update in due time I'm sure. Plus by then a revision will be out and all of the kinks will be worked out, presuming there are some with a new OS like this. Remember back when the OG Droid launched with 2.0, they sent several updates out to fix small bugs and tweeks.

Plus we don't know if the Nexus will have a removable battery? I want to know that too but I still love the Razr design over the Nexus. The Nexus just has ugly exterior design. It has no visual appeal, I think the Razr has it in that category.
    10-25-2011 09:39 AM
    As I compare the 2 phones more I am leaning towards the RAZR. A few key points: Razr has an SD card slot. This is big because I like having external storage in addition to on-board memory. So with the RAZR I could potentially have 48GB (16GB in phone + 32GB SD card). Nexus would only be 32GB max, and everything is on the phone.

The non-removable battery is the only downfall I see with the Razr, other than ICS but that's not a big deal anymore because it will get the ICS update in due time I'm sure. Plus by then a revision will be out and all of the kinks will be worked out, presuming there are some with a new OS like this. Remember back when the OG Droid launched with 2.0, they sent several updates out to fix small bugs and tweeks.

Plus we don't know if the Nexus will have a removable battery? I want to know that too but I still love the Razr design over the Nexus. The Nexus just has ugly exterior design. It has no visual appeal, I think the Razr has it in that category.
    You have good points about the differences between the two. But the nexus battery is removable. And I disagree about the looks of the devices. IMO all MOTO Android phones have been butt ugly from the OG up till the RAZR. That square robotic design gotta go. The Nexus streamlined and although its big it looks like it'll just fit perfectly in your hand. MOTO phones are too blocky to me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-25-2011 09:45 AM

How do you still not know if the gnex has a removable battery when it has been shown all over the internet that it is removable?

D.J.
    10-25-2011 09:47 AM
    Those of you talking about the GNEX not having gorilla glass, Samsung posted on facebook that it would have a different type of fortified glass, just not the Gorilla glass brand. I personally am not that concerned about it.
    10-25-2011 09:51 AM
    Those of you talking about the GNEX not having gorilla glass, Samsung posted on facebook that it would have a different type of fortified glass, just not the Gorilla glass brand. I personally am not that concerned about it.
    With a lot of people concerned about it, and it being a selling point why don't they use it as such? Seems like that would be a no brainer to me.
    10-25-2011 01:16 PM
    How do you still not know if the gnex has a removable battery when it has been shown all over the internet that it is removable?

D.J.
    What?! Seriously, every document I've seen has either said it wasn't removable or "Unknown". Even in Phil's posts and another post comparing the 2 phones it said unknown. Show me a document!
    10-26-2011 02:57 AM
    You have good points about the differences between the two. But the nexus battery is removable. And I disagree about the looks of the devices. IMO all MOTO Android phones have been butt ugly from the OG up till the RAZR. That square robotic design gotta go. The Nexus streamlined and although its big it looks like it'll just fit perfectly in your hand. MOTO phones are too blocky to me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Ahh okay well then I guess it comes down to indivdual user tastes in the exterior look of phones. That's why we have many different manufacturers and phones of different styling and look. But to me, the iPhone and it's boring plain rectangular and bland look is a turn off to me. Sadly I think Samsung took a cue from that when they made the Nexus. Yeah it's corners are curved a little but it's just bland after that. Whereas I think the Razr has some futuristic and attractive styling. Right down to the thinness and the kevlar fiber backing. It's darn sexy if you ask me, lol. I don't have any disrespect towards anyone's tastes. That's why they say to each his own. There should be variety to cater to all our tastes. Carry on.
    10-26-2011 03:02 AM
    What?! Seriously, every document I've seen has either said it wasn't removable or "Unknown". Even in Phil's posts and another post comparing the 2 phones it said unknown. Show me a document!
    How about pictures?

Samsung Galaxy Nexus hands-on! - Engadget Galleries
    10-26-2011 03:02 AM
    Thank you very much! Honestly I hadn't see a photo gallery like that yet! Phil's gallery didn't include any photos like this link so thank you. That answers my question.
    10-26-2011 03:12 AM
    After looking through that Engadget photo gallery I notice something I didn't before. No HDMI out port on the Nexus. I only see a power port and 3.5mm jack. That's another point for Razr for me. I like the idea of being able to HDMI out to a TV and showing pictures or video to family during the holidays. I've always wanted to do that but with a small screen, even 4.3 or 4.6 inches is small to show a large group of people pictures, video, or even something on the web.

Plus with the Razr, there is that option to buy the Moto Lapdock. I like having that option.
    10-26-2011 03:18 AM
    After looking through that Engadget photo gallery I notice something I didn't before. No HDMI out port on the Nexus. I only see a power port and 3.5mm jack. That's another point for Razr for me. I like the idea of being able to HDMI out to a TV and showing pictures or video to family during the holidays. I've always wanted to do that but with a small screen, even 4.3 or 4.6 inches is small to show a large group of people pictures, video, or even something on the web.

Plus with the Razr, there is that option to buy the Moto Lapdock. I like having that option.
    Gnex uses MHL port, its HDMI compatible, you'll need a adapter like the microHDMI
    10-26-2011 05:24 AM
    With a lot of people concerned about it, and it being a selling point why don't they use it as such? Seems like that would be a no brainer to me.
    Agreed, but maybe they couldn't curve it for a few reasons... Did, that other phone have gorilla? The galaxy S or whatever
    10-26-2011 06:53 AM
    Agreed, but maybe they couldn't curve it for a few reasons... Did, that other phone have gorilla? The galaxy S or whatever
    the Nexus S 4G for sprint, no it did not have GG.

I've heard conflicting reports about its scratch resistance.

I think Ive made up my mind.. I know its early considering the nexus doesnt even have a firm release date yet.. but I like the idea of getting the Razr.. I told myself 2 things with my next smartphone purchase.. it will not be a samsung phone, and it will have to have the absolute most recent update of Android on it AT RELEASE.

Well with the current landscape its not possible for me to follow through with both of those things.. but I am excited to see how well motorolas hardware holds up.. I'm looking forward to a better GPS and possibly even better signal.

I figure that ontop of the confirmed GG+Nanocoating it will meet my durability requirements.

And ICS will be available soon enough, and I'll still have what I consider the benefit of hardware buttons (software buttons will dissapear on ICS phones with Hardware buttons).

The main things I lose in this choice are its not PURE android (bummer), and its a non-removable battery..
    10-26-2011 07:07 AM
    Mulled this over for a while. Definitely going Galaxy Nexus. Too many pros not to.
    10-26-2011 08:59 AM
163 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD