Moto Razr, or Nexus Prime?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
So.. I was all set to upgrade my phone yesterday with verizon after being on the phone with them for an hour complaining about my fascinate missing phone calls and text messages.

I havent been paying attention to phones much lately so I was looking at what they had on the site and started researching each phone.. and I was pretty much dissapointed with every phone on there.. the bionic apparently has a pixelated screen, the thunderbolt has a ton of issues.. etc.

I did some more research and realized that the Motorola Razr, and the Nexus Prime are both pretty much being launched (as pre-orders im assuming) today/tommorow.. when I mentioned to the verizon guy that I wanted to wait till tommorow and pre-order a new release phone he said he couldnt really say much but assumed I was refering to the Motorola Razr.

So I'm going to be getting my 2nd line upgraded as the HTC Rhyme for my girl.. but for my phone I am getting either the Nexus Prime, or the Motorola Razr..

So I kinda wanted to debate the two phones and see what most people considered the top dog.. does anyone know what OS version the Razr is suppose to have? the Nexus Prime seems like my preferred choice based on the ICS OS coming out with it.. I would like to hear the Razr is getting it aswell.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So.. I was all set to upgrade my phone yesterday with verizon after being on the phone with them for an hour complaining about my fascinate missing phone calls and text messages.

I havent been paying attention to phones much lately so I was looking at what they had on the site and started researching each phone.. and I was pretty much dissapointed with every phone on there.. the bionic apparently has a pixelated screen, the thunderbolt has a ton of issues.. etc.

I did some more research and realized that the Motorola Razr, and the Nexus Prime are both pretty much being launched (as pre-orders im assuming) today/tommorow.. when I mentioned to the verizon guy that I wanted to wait till tommorow and pre-order a new release phone he said he couldnt really say much but assumed I was refering to the Motorola Razr.

So I'm going to be getting my 2nd line upgraded as the HTC Rhyme for my girl.. but for my phone I am getting either the Nexus Prime, or the Motorola Razr..

So I kinda wanted to debate the two phones and see what most people considered the top dog.. does anyone know what OS version the Razr is suppose to have? the Nexus Prime seems like my preferred choice based on the ICS OS coming out with it.. I would like to hear the Razr is getting it aswell.

We will know today what the Razr will be released with. It WILL be Gingerbread, Only the Nexus will launch with ICS

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Official specifications for both phones is due out today, everything else is speculation up to this point. Wait until this evening and you will get a solid understanding of what each has to offer.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Purely speculation of course, but I think the RAZR will have Gingerbread upon launch with an upgrade to ICS some time later. I wouldn't bet on any device coming out soon to have ICS outside of the Nexus devices.

Without actually touching the phone yet, Nexus will be taking top marks for me. A stock Nexus device on Verizon with LTE is my holy grail of a smart phone.

However, I do like the build quality of Moto phones and the RAZR isn't looking to disappoint. My Bionic has great voice quality and has a sturdiness that gives me confidence when holding it in the hand. Motorola is also very good about updating their phones on Verizon compared to other OEMs. I believe they are quickest in that area.

Of course, just my opinion.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
My biggest reason for siding with the nexus is NFC and it being a developer device. If the razr has NFC and moto actually unlocks the bootloader as they promised some odd months ago, it will be my choice. But I doubt we will get either with the razr.

A shame because the razr looks so kickass. And the two are nearly neck and neck spec wise.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Given the rumored specs of the prime and the newly outed specs of the razr I would never have said it before but looks like razr will be better in a few ways, storage, enterprise, battery, build, camera, only the gal nex has a 720p, pure android, nfc, and... Idk the razr looks better on paper lets just hope they surprise us with better specs tonight on the nexus front..

Sent from my ADR6400L

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Given the rumored specs of the prime and the newly outed specs of the razr I would never have said it before but looks like razr will be better in a few ways, storage, enterprise, battery, build, camera, only the gal nex has a 720p, pure android, nfc, and... Idk the razr looks better on paper lets just hope they surprise us with better specs tonight on the nexus front..

Sent from my ADR6400L

The razr has a better camera? I highly doubt that. More pixels =/= better.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I will gladly take the benefits of a Nexus device over the potential minor spec improvements that the RAZR might have(depending on what is announced tonight).

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Razr is looking nice, but I'll take samoled hd over samoled qhd and faster updates are better than any customizations motorola made. I expect all the internals will be essentially the same between the devices

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
It looks like the Razr has a non removable back. Hence why in the hands on i saw, the sim card was accessed through a door on the side. And in the accessories presentation, instead of an extended battery, VZ is gonna offer an external battery charger. Uh Oh lol. Nexus may have non removable?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance