Moto Razr, or Nexus Prime?

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Baaed on screen and OS with lack of OEM UI, the Nexus is clearly the best choice as far as I'm concerned. That said, I am still very happy with my ThunderBolt, so I will probably wait for the better radios & GPUs to be implemented with quad core chips.

Thanks, Robrecht

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Baaed on screen and OS with lack of OEM UI, the Nexus is clearly the best choice as far as I'm concerned. That said, I am still very happy with my ThunderBolt, so I will probably wait for the better radios & GPUs to be implemented with quad core chips.

Thanks, Robrecht

I just don't see the need for quad-core in phones. Heck I'll probably end up getting a dual-core tablet when the quad-cores come out simply because they'll be cheaper. I could possibly see quad-core being needed more on a tablet, but on a phone it's pretty much a waste. With the Razr and the Galaxy Nexus being as thin as they are, I'm pretty sure the smaller LTE radios have to be out already, so I'm not worried about that anymore. Anything thinner than my Thunderbolt with dual-core and LTE will suit me just fine.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Razr is what the Droid X2 should have been. I feel bad for the folks who upgraded to the X2. Such a wasted device.

I feel bad for bionic owners. I talked a friend out of buying the bionic a couple of weeks ago and sent him info on the new razr and the Galaxy nexus. He loves moto though.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I just don't see the need for quad-core in phones. Heck I'll probably end up getting a dual-core tablet when the quad-cores come out simply because they'll be cheaper. I could possibly see quad-core being needed more on a tablet, but on a phone it's pretty much a waste. With the Razr and the Galaxy Nexus being as thin as they are, I'm pretty sure the smaller LTE radios have to be out already, so I'm not worried about that anymore. Anything thinner than my Thunderbolt with dual-core and LTE will suit me just fine.

For the same benefits as Dual Core, speed, power, battery. I said the same thing about dual core, i didn't need one. But imo phones are gonna seem slower. My single core Revolution would have been a speedster last year. But now a mid tier phone. Dual core next year will seem slow and quad core will be necessary. Just the way technology is.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I feel bad for bionic owners. I talked a friend out of buying the bionic a couple of weeks ago and sent him info on the new razr and the Galaxy nexus. He loves moto though.

Yeah, I'm just glad my other upgrade wasn't due until October 6th. Otherwise I may have made a mistake and gotten the Bionic. Now I get to see two phones that seem like they are going to be amazing.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know that this was covered but it was just mentioned that the Razr does NOT have a removable battery. Which to me means that the Galaxy Nexus/Nexus Prime will win this race hands down

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I feel bad for bionic owners. I talked a friend out of buying the bionic a couple of weeks ago and sent him info on the new razr and prime. He loves moto though.

Let me quietly tuck away my Bionic...well, it is what it is. The only real advantage the Bionic has over the RAZR now is the fact you can swap batteries out and an SD card. I can see that being very important to some.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Let me quietly tuck away my Bionic...well, it is what it is. The only real advantage the Bionic has over the RAZR now is the fact you can swap batteries out and an SD card. I can see that being very important to some.

Dont get me wrong, I was about to pull the trigger and trade the bolt in for it until I played with it in the vzw store. I felt the screen was a downgrade compared to the bolt. The workout watch that it syncs with is amazing. I'll be getting one.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know that this was covered but it was just mentioned that the Razr does NOT have a removable battery. Which to me means that the Galaxy Nexus/Nexus Prime will win this race hands down

Hasn't been confirmed yet. But i don't care if the Nexus has a removable batt. If they put enough memory inside, 32GB, then it won't matter to me anyways. I don't have enough crap to fill up 10GBs let alone 32.

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I ever considered the RAZR, but now that it has a non-removable battery and a locked bootloader, definitely not. I mainly want the Nexus because of zero bloat, no skin, screen size, SAMOLED, LTE, ICS out of the box, first to receive updates, and it is a good looking phone.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't either. But I am looking forward to the better GPUs and 2nd-generation LTE radios that will be implemented with the quad core chips.

Thanks, Robrecht

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The specs on the Razr are terrible, but I'm actually considering it just because it looks so cool and is so thin. And I actually like the new Motoblur a lot, solely because of its 3d animations, which ICS seems to lack.