10-31-2011 12:14 PM
163 123 ...
tools
    So.. I was all set to upgrade my phone yesterday with verizon after being on the phone with them for an hour complaining about my fascinate missing phone calls and text messages.

I havent been paying attention to phones much lately so I was looking at what they had on the site and started researching each phone.. and I was pretty much dissapointed with every phone on there.. the bionic apparently has a pixelated screen, the thunderbolt has a ton of issues.. etc.

I did some more research and realized that the Motorola Razr, and the Nexus Prime are both pretty much being launched (as pre-orders im assuming) today/tommorow.. when I mentioned to the verizon guy that I wanted to wait till tommorow and pre-order a new release phone he said he couldnt really say much but assumed I was refering to the Motorola Razr.

So I'm going to be getting my 2nd line upgraded as the HTC Rhyme for my girl.. but for my phone I am getting either the Nexus Prime, or the Motorola Razr..

So I kinda wanted to debate the two phones and see what most people considered the top dog.. does anyone know what OS version the Razr is suppose to have? the Nexus Prime seems like my preferred choice based on the ICS OS coming out with it.. I would like to hear the Razr is getting it aswell.
    10-18-2011 08:56 AM
    So.. I was all set to upgrade my phone yesterday with verizon after being on the phone with them for an hour complaining about my fascinate missing phone calls and text messages.

I havent been paying attention to phones much lately so I was looking at what they had on the site and started researching each phone.. and I was pretty much dissapointed with every phone on there.. the bionic apparently has a pixelated screen, the thunderbolt has a ton of issues.. etc.

I did some more research and realized that the Motorola Razr, and the Nexus Prime are both pretty much being launched (as pre-orders im assuming) today/tommorow.. when I mentioned to the verizon guy that I wanted to wait till tommorow and pre-order a new release phone he said he couldnt really say much but assumed I was refering to the Motorola Razr.

So I'm going to be getting my 2nd line upgraded as the HTC Rhyme for my girl.. but for my phone I am getting either the Nexus Prime, or the Motorola Razr..

So I kinda wanted to debate the two phones and see what most people considered the top dog.. does anyone know what OS version the Razr is suppose to have? the Nexus Prime seems like my preferred choice based on the ICS OS coming out with it.. I would like to hear the Razr is getting it aswell.
    We will know today what the Razr will be released with. It WILL be Gingerbread, Only the Nexus will launch with ICS

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-18-2011 09:03 AM
    not even honeycomb? that would be a major letdown..
    10-18-2011 09:04 AM
    Official specifications for both phones is due out today, everything else is speculation up to this point. Wait until this evening and you will get a solid understanding of what each has to offer.
    10-18-2011 09:04 AM
    not even honeycomb? that would be a major letdown..
    Honeycomb is tablet only. ICS merges Gingerbread and Honeycomb; knowing Motorola it will be a while before it sees ICS.
    10-18-2011 09:06 AM
    Purely speculation of course, but I think the RAZR will have Gingerbread upon launch with an upgrade to ICS some time later. I wouldn't bet on any device coming out soon to have ICS outside of the Nexus devices.

Without actually touching the phone yet, Nexus will be taking top marks for me. A stock Nexus device on Verizon with LTE is my holy grail of a smart phone.

However, I do like the build quality of Moto phones and the RAZR isn't looking to disappoint. My Bionic has great voice quality and has a sturdiness that gives me confidence when holding it in the hand. Motorola is also very good about updating their phones on Verizon compared to other OEMs. I believe they are quickest in that area.

Of course, just my opinion.
    10-18-2011 09:06 AM
    But Google bought Motorola, maybe it might be a whole new type of Droid.
    10-18-2011 09:19 AM
    Google's Acquisition pending is still pending atm.... they haven't gotten them yet
    10-18-2011 09:25 AM
    I'm going with the Galaxy Nexus as of now, but the Razr is definitely my second choice.
    10-18-2011 09:26 AM
    But Google bought Motorola, maybe it might be a whole new type of Droid.
    Actually, Google wants to buy Moto, but it hasn't happened yet.
    10-18-2011 09:27 AM
    My biggest reason for siding with the nexus is NFC and it being a developer device. If the razr has NFC and moto actually unlocks the bootloader as they promised some odd months ago, it will be my choice. But I doubt we will get either with the razr.

A shame because the razr looks so kickass. And the two are nearly neck and neck spec wise.
    10-18-2011 09:32 AM
    A stock Nexus device on Verizon with LTE is my holy grail of a smart phone.
    This.

*customized tapatalk signature*
    10-18-2011 09:44 AM
    Honeycomb is tablet only. ICS merges Gingerbread and Honeycomb; knowing Motorola it will be a while before it sees ICS.
    Well Motorola needs sufficient time to Blur the heck out of it.
    10-18-2011 10:26 AM
    Given the rumored specs of the prime and the newly outed specs of the razr I would never have said it before but looks like razr will be better in a few ways, storage, enterprise, battery, build, camera, only the gal nex has a 720p, pure android, nfc, and... Idk the razr looks better on paper lets just hope they surprise us with better specs tonight on the nexus front..

Sent from my ADR6400L
    EggoEspada likes this.
    10-18-2011 12:17 PM
    Given the rumored specs of the prime and the newly outed specs of the razr I would never have said it before but looks like razr will be better in a few ways, storage, enterprise, battery, build, camera, only the gal nex has a 720p, pure android, nfc, and... Idk the razr looks better on paper lets just hope they surprise us with better specs tonight on the nexus front..

Sent from my ADR6400L
    The razr has a better camera? I highly doubt that. More pixels =/= better.
    10-18-2011 12:23 PM
    Razr is def. a nice phone. but it's launching with GB. I think it will be a while before ICS gets to it. I'll take stock any day.
    10-18-2011 12:24 PM
    I will gladly take the benefits of a Nexus device over the potential minor spec improvements that the RAZR might have(depending on what is announced tonight).
    10-18-2011 12:26 PM
    Razr is looking nice, but I'll take samoled hd over samoled qhd and faster updates are better than any customizations motorola made. I expect all the internals will be essentially the same between the devices
    10-18-2011 12:28 PM
    It looks like the Razr has a non removable back. Hence why in the hands on i saw, the sim card was accessed through a door on the side. And in the accessories presentation, instead of an extended battery, VZ is gonna offer an external battery charger. Uh Oh lol. Nexus may have non removable?
    10-18-2011 12:29 PM
    Razr is what the Droid X2 should have been. I feel bad for the folks who upgraded to the X2. Such a wasted device.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    10-18-2011 12:30 PM
    The nexus will probably eat up all the devs leaving non for the razr. I hope someone eventually gets it running ics/cm8.
    10-18-2011 12:31 PM
    Baaed on screen and OS with lack of OEM UI, the Nexus is clearly the best choice as far as I'm concerned. That said, I am still very happy with my ThunderBolt, so I will probably wait for the better radios & GPUs to be implemented with quad core chips.

Thanks, Robrecht
    10-18-2011 12:32 PM
    Baaed on screen and OS with lack of OEM UI, the Nexus is clearly the best choice as far as I'm concerned. That said, I am still very happy with my ThunderBolt, so I will probably wait for the better radios & GPUs to be implemented with quad core chips.

Thanks, Robrecht
    I just don't see the need for quad-core in phones. Heck I'll probably end up getting a dual-core tablet when the quad-cores come out simply because they'll be cheaper. I could possibly see quad-core being needed more on a tablet, but on a phone it's pretty much a waste. With the Razr and the Galaxy Nexus being as thin as they are, I'm pretty sure the smaller LTE radios have to be out already, so I'm not worried about that anymore. Anything thinner than my Thunderbolt with dual-core and LTE will suit me just fine.
    10-18-2011 12:39 PM
    Razr is what the Droid X2 should have been. I feel bad for the folks who upgraded to the X2. Such a wasted device.
    I feel bad for bionic owners. I talked a friend out of buying the bionic a couple of weeks ago and sent him info on the new razr and the Galaxy nexus. He loves moto though.
    10-18-2011 12:44 PM
    I just don't see the need for quad-core in phones. Heck I'll probably end up getting a dual-core tablet when the quad-cores come out simply because they'll be cheaper. I could possibly see quad-core being needed more on a tablet, but on a phone it's pretty much a waste. With the Razr and the Galaxy Nexus being as thin as they are, I'm pretty sure the smaller LTE radios have to be out already, so I'm not worried about that anymore. Anything thinner than my Thunderbolt with dual-core and LTE will suit me just fine.
    For the same benefits as Dual Core, speed, power, battery. I said the same thing about dual core, i didn't need one. But imo phones are gonna seem slower. My single core Revolution would have been a speedster last year. But now a mid tier phone. Dual core next year will seem slow and quad core will be necessary. Just the way technology is.
    10-18-2011 12:44 PM
163 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD