Latest leak a fake?

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If you don't know about this "leak" see here

http://www.androidcentral.com/latest-galaxy-nexus-leak-looks-be-best-yet

The problem is that this article does not show the full advert. for that see

Galaxy Nexus Name, Pics, Specs, Appear In Official-looking Print Promo

Ok now look at the row of icons along the bottom (I have attached a copy below) Since I can't read Japanese I am guessing they are saying from left to right that the phone is waterproof (or resistant) has NFC (i think that's a purse) , Wifi, a TV tuner and a speaker.

Now TV tuners are not out of the question in Japanese phones (and other areas) but the phone they show certainly doesn't look like it has an aerial. Could this whole thing be a mock up, maybe even a professional one, rather than the real thing. The picture looks to much like a render to me. I know we will get the truth in just over 11 hours, but wanted to put this out for your thoughts.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I could see it being a render or a mockup is because the side shot makes it look more like a teardrop shape and that's definitely not what the side looked like in the Samsung promo video. I don't know about a teardrop shaped phone. A reverse teardrop like what the iPhone 5 was supposedly going to look like wouldn't have been bad, but not an actual teardrop shape.

youareme7

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I have to say I agree, the phone in this image doesn't really look at all like the one we glimpsed in the samsung teaser. the curvature doesn't match and you don't see the hump on the back towards the bottom like the teaser. It could be real but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mockup.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
We've got conflicting specs from multiple sources. If this is a fake, it's a good one. But, faking out the rabid fans has become an art. I find it odd that the ad would list all the part numbers. Why would DoCoMo care about the non-Japan versions?
I guess we'll find out tonight.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm skeptical about this leak based on conflicting reports. Too much speculation, "leaks", and rumors popping up.

Last edited:

exarkun

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I hope it is fake, based on the dimensions.

Galaxy Nexus: 136.0 ? 68.0 ? 8.8
Galaxy S II: 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5

The Nexus is 15.6% larger (volume)
It is also 8.5% longer...

Everyone keeps saying, "it's only a litter bigger than a [insert name here]" every time a larger device comes out. After so many devices, it is just LARGE. Now, it is starting to get ridiculous. The SGS II still fits comfortably in a pocket. This is going to be close...

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Hrm...I don't know about this new leak. DO we ever though? The specs don't full line up with the the "Hand time" thread.

So either we all got trolled really hard in that thread or these specs are wrong. Compared to that thread, this leak is missing the 1.5ghz cpu but rather has a 1.2ghz cpu. 5MP camera in this leak vs. the 8MP from the thread.

Meh, either way, we will know later today.