Official Verizon announcement?

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well this just in from the Panda himself. That being said, I feel a little better about Verizon's announcement. I'm also believe Nov. 10th to be the date of release.

black_man_x The Panda King
Verizon has their own plans for nexus. Being part of a hong Kong event doesn't make sense.. Details coming.. Relax big red fans..
12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@
@tfleming223 guess I have to eat crow if early November isn't the 3rd?? Course the event was pushed back.. So can I say push??
14 minutes ago

Verizon peeps Remember when sprint got the nexus devices and i said "ours is better " make sense now? Congratulations partner services
20 minutes ago

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
eh, 3rd, 10th, 17th, whatever for me. As long as it's coming soon to VZW I am happy. I loved the demo, and the response by the press has been pretty great initially as well. I very much am looking forward to this ..

Jordan jones

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I can see Verizon getting it, however I can't believe that it was the Verizon one they showed off in Hong Kong, Unless the verizon model is a world phone with GSM and LTE for verizon.
:)

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Makes sense, since the RAZR has shown up on VZW's web site already, and still no sign of the G-Nex.

I wish the dates were reversed though;)

Panda said VZ has there own plans for the Nexus. Meaning they are gonna have a huge campaign to advertise the initial exclusivity. I think we see another announcement, this time from Verizon. It will show off the thicker Nexus with the bigger battery and 4G LTE. Then announce release dates, accessories etc. I expect that in the next 2 weeks. Panda hasn't backed off his nov. 3 date.

equake

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My money is on 10th for Nexus and 3rd for the RAZR since it will be on preorders by Oct 27 which is next Thu. To be competitive it will out a 32GB device at the $299 price point hopefully with a bigger battery given that its been outed with a bigger girth.

my 2 cents

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Panda and P3Droid have made it clear that whatever delays are going on relate to last minute tweaking to make sure that the experience is great for customers (I assume that has to do with tweaks to the radio/firmware). I'd also been concerned that there was bickering going on behind the scenes as to what would be installed on the phone, but apparently it's just the normal last minute fixes (seems like LTE phones run into that alot).

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Panda and P3Droid have made it clear that whatever delays are going on relate to last minute tweaking to make sure that the experience is great for customers (I assume that has to do with tweaks to the radio/firmware). I'd also been concerned that there was bickering going on behind the scenes as to what would be installed on the phone, but apparently it's just the normal last minute fixes (seems like LTE phones run into that alot).

While I trust what bmx says, p3droid is a HS Social Studies Teacher in Phoenix, AZ. He is not a Verizon insider.

Be weary of your sources of information.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I can see Verizon getting it, however I can't believe that it was the Verizon one they showed off in Hong Kong, Unless the verizon model is a world phone with GSM and LTE for verizon.
:)

China is one of only a few countries that is covered in CDMA coverage, if you ever had to travel outside the US on verizon without a global phone you would know. Mexico, Canada, and India are also CDMA dominated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech