View Poll Results: Will you be buying a Verizon Galaxy Nexus?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

254 93.04%
  • No

19 6.96%
10-24-2011 02:30 PM
70 123
tools
    I was reading the specs of this device, and I started drooling. Literally.

I need to find money and start saving as this is probably going to be extremely expensive.

Good thing I have a subsidized upgrade !
    10-20-2011 06:25 PM
    Totally agree with you. A large amount of people are complaining because the specs aren't 6 months ahead of its time.

Google knows why they chose the hardware they did, and while it's nothing revolutionary, it's gonna work out really well I think. From what I have seen, both the screen and camera amazing.
    10-20-2011 06:31 PM
    Totally agree with you. A large amount of people are complaining because the specs aren't 6 months ahead of its time.

Google knows why they chose the hardware they did, and while it's nothing revolutionary, it's gonna work out really well I think. From what I have seen, both the screen and camera amazing.
    I'm going just for the physical size, literally. People freak out when I pull out my Droid Charge, it's huge. Imagine this beast!
    10-20-2011 06:40 PM
    From the leaks, it's supposed to be $300 subsidized.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    10-20-2011 08:06 PM
    From the leaks, it's supposed to be $300 subsidized.

Given the rapid advancement in cellphones, no one should be buying a subsidized phone. The question is how much for an unsubsidized galaxy nexus?
    10-21-2011 06:13 AM
    Given the rapid advancement in cellphones, no one should be buying a subsidized phone. The question is how much for an unsubsidized galaxy nexus?
    I would love to know that too - in addition to the actual release date on big red.....
    10-21-2011 06:33 AM
    I would love to know that too - in addition to the actual release date on big red.....
    +1 for this. And its really tricky, because I will get this phone probably even if it costs a bit more just because of the specs. Hopefully they won't take advantage of that, but I guess corporate greed is corporate greed, so I guess we'll just see
    10-21-2011 10:50 AM
    Oh I'm only buying it subsidized because I'm switching to Verizon for the Nexus. I plan to sell it within a year to fund my replacement. I'm guessing the unsubsidized price won't be more than it's iPhone equivalent...so my guess is around $600.

10-21-2011 11:54 AM
    Oh I'm only buying it subsidized because I'm switching to Verizon for the Nexus. I plan to sell it within a year to fund my replacement. I'm guessing the unsubsidized price won't be more than it's iPhone equivalent...so my guess is around $600.

I've "heard" from $699 to $899 unsubsidized, and none of it from remotely reliable sources. That's why I'm curious.
    10-22-2011 07:22 AM
    I've "heard" from $699 to $899 unsubsidized, and none of it from remotely reliable sources. That's why I'm curious.
    $899, I do not see that happening. No UN subsidized phone has even been $799. Verizon would price potential buyers right out the door. the only thing I could see happening is people may buy a cheaper unsubsidized Razr instead...but if that was the case, why carry the Nexus and not a "money in the bank" SGSII.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-22-2011 07:30 AM
    $899, I do not see that happening. No UN subsidized phone has even been $799. Verizon would price potential buyers right out the door. the only thing I could see happening is people may buy a cheaper unsubsidized Razr instead...but if that was the case, why carry the Nexus and not a "money in the bank" SGSII.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Maybe I'm enchanted by the 720p amoled display too much, but I would probably pay $899 for it. I can't be the only one.
    10-22-2011 07:57 AM
    Maybe I'm enchanted by the 720p amoled display too much, but I would probably pay $899 for it. I can't be the only one.

I'd wager you are one of very few. Anything above $700 is too much, and even that is pushing it.
    10-22-2011 01:47 PM
    Yeah baby!

Waited for what seemed like forever for the GS-II to come to Verizon, and of course that didn't happen...

Now I'm in the wait for the G-Nex and it can't get here soon enough!
    10-23-2011 05:27 AM
    The funny thing is, im pretty much exclusive to Nexus devices. That being said, ive been on and off Verizon for the past 3 years. I quit Verizon the day Google announced they werent selling a Vzw Nexus One and i hopped to At&t. I was paying pretty much the same monthly for horrible service in my area. So i went back to Verizon and got an Htc Incredible... Hated it compared to the N1 so i gave it, and my number, to my girlfriend and jumped off Verizon in favor of T mobile and the Nexus S. The monthly bills were awesomely cheap and the phone kicked ***, but the service just like At&t, was crap in my area. Next i went to Sprint for the Nexus S 4g and got it for 50 bucks from Amazon Wireless. Service was okay but they charged me a ridiculous amount so i took advantage of their contract changes and quit without an early termination fee. Here i am today, back at Verizon a.k.a. the only carrier in these parts with consistent service, and now we have a Nexus..... I feel like the universe has finally rewarded me with the device i want and the carrier that works best for me. You ask if im buying the Galaxy Nexus? Hell yes.
    10-23-2011 05:58 AM
    Sadly, we Sprint users seem to be screwed every whichway here. If I were on Verizon, I'd 100% get the LTE version. If I were on AT&T or T-Mobile, I'd 100% import the GSM/HSPA+ variant. If there's no news of Sprint getting it soon, I might have to start emailing Phil every day out of frustration.

Lol, what would emailing Phil do? I'm just as pissed of as anyone else about Sprint not carrying this device. Waited in eager expectation of this being announced and hearing nothing about Sprint carrying it, much less a Wimax variant in the works. I was really excited about getting my first Nexus device but oh well. Email Google, Samsung, and/or Sprint and announce your rage there. I don't think Phil will be able to help us Sprint users out here.

Now back on topic. Sorry, folks. Enjoy...

Sent from my Epic 4G
    10-23-2011 06:14 AM
    I've got about 15G of music I keep on my DInc to play over BT in my car. Being in a Verizon only area, I'd like to finally have a Nexus. It all depends on how much memory the thing has. That seems to still be an unknown ... unless I missed something.
    10-23-2011 06:36 AM
    I am

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-23-2011 11:19 AM
    Me too.
    10-23-2011 11:36 AM
    I can't wait for this phone to come out.
    10-24-2011 12:22 PM
    Dude, I'd almost recommend borrowing a lower end Android phone from a friend for a few days to at least get used to the upgrade that Android is over BB. Jumping straight from the Tour (I've had one) too the Nexus will be too awesome for you to handle and will make your head explode
    This is a very good point. I definitely need to dip a toe in the water before plunging right in

Ahhhh....who am I kidding? My last Grateful Dead show was 20 years ago; it's time to light the candle again!
    10-24-2011 02:30 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD