Who's buying a Verizon Galaxy Nexus?

Will you be buying a Verizon Galaxy Nexus?

• Total voters

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to mention one huge draw for me: NFC and google wallet. The company I work for now supports Wallet at all of our locations, so it would be pretty cool to use it at work to buy stuff.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, we Sprint users seem to be screwed every whichway here. If I were on Verizon, I'd 100% get the LTE version. If I were on AT&T or T-Mobile, I'd 100% import the GSM/HSPA+ variant. If there's no news of Sprint getting it soon, I might have to start emailing Phil every day out of frustration.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

It probably would work on EVDO and 1XRTT on sprint. You just wouldn't have "4G"

zoomis

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Looking forward to the release. This will be my first android...and it's clearly a huge upgrade (for me) from my old BB Tour. :)

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
It probably would work on EVDO and 1XRTT on sprint. You just wouldn't have "4G"

The hitch is getting it active on the network. In general, Verizon 3G/1X phones can't usually be activated on Sprint (and vive versa).

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Looking forward to the release. This will be my first android...and it's clearly a huge upgrade (for me) from my old BB Tour. :)

Dude, I'd almost recommend borrowing a lower end Android phone from a friend for a few days to at least get used to the upgrade that Android is over BB. Jumping straight from the Tour (I've had one) too the Nexus will be too awesome for you to handle and will make your head explode :p

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
This poll is going to have some serious bias, based on population surveyed.....

Yeah I plan to ditch Sprint early and switch to Verizon for this. I'm gonna go pure data for $54.99/month and use Google Voice and GrooveIP for texting and calls over LTE...probably not something the average consumer would do.

zachnelson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh My Goodness

I was reading the specs of this device, and I started drooling. Literally.

I need to find money and start saving as this is probably going to be extremely expensive.

Good thing I have a subsidized upgrade !

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Oh My Goodness

Totally agree with you. A large amount of people are complaining because the specs aren't 6 months ahead of its time.

Google knows why they chose the hardware they did, and while it's nothing revolutionary, it's gonna work out really well I think. From what I have seen, both the screen and camera amazing.

zachnelson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Oh My Goodness

Totally agree with you. A large amount of people are complaining because the specs aren't 6 months ahead of its time.

Google knows why they chose the hardware they did, and while it's nothing revolutionary, it's gonna work out really well I think. From what I have seen, both the screen and camera amazing.

I'm going just for the physical size, literally. People freak out when I pull out my Droid Charge, it's huge. Imagine this beast!

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I would love to know that too - in addition to the actual release date on big red.....

+1 for this. And its really tricky, because I will get this phone probably even if it costs a bit more just because of the specs. Hopefully they won't take advantage of that, but I guess corporate greed is corporate greed, so I guess we'll just see

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Given the rapid advancement in cellphones, no one should be buying a subsidized phone. The question is how much for an unsubsidized galaxy nexus?

Oh I'm only buying it subsidized because I'm switching to Verizon for the Nexus. I plan to sell it within a year to fund my replacement. I'm guessing the unsubsidized price won't be more than it's iPhone equivalent...so my guess is around $600.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh I'm only buying it subsidized because I'm switching to Verizon for the Nexus. I plan to sell it within a year to fund my replacement. I'm guessing the unsubsidized price won't be more than it's iPhone equivalent...so my guess is around $600.

I've "heard" from $699 to $899 unsubsidized, and none of it from remotely reliable sources. That's why I'm curious.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I've "heard" from $699 to $899 unsubsidized, and none of it from remotely reliable sources. That's why I'm curious.

$899, I do not see that happening. No UN subsidized phone has even been $799. Verizon would price potential buyers right out the door. the only thing I could see happening is people may buy a cheaper unsubsidized Razr instead...but if that was the case, why carry the Nexus and not a "money in the bank" SGSII.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835