Who's buying a Verizon Galaxy Nexus?

Will you be buying a Verizon Galaxy Nexus?

• Total voters

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So who's going to get one of these monsters?

I was debating between this, the Vigor, or the RAZR, but Google has won me over with ICS. Had a Nexus S for a few months (and a Nexus One) and I had that phone for the longest I've ever had any Android handset.

With the GNex, all my complaints and frustrations with Android have been fixed, and the hardware is incredible. For the first time, it looks like Android actually has a soul. Like it was designed from top to bottom by a human being that actually knows what UX means. That's huge, and that is the single reason why I'll be plunking down the crazy amount of cash for the Galaxy Nexus at full price for Verizon.

Last edited:

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am definitely getting one. And I am very glad that it comes in the 16GB variant, since it will probably save me $100 (im guessing it will be sold at $199).

I store most of my music in the cloud through google music anyway, and that is what would take up most of my space.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably 90% on getting it. I had hoped they would have a car dock for it but, they only showed the desktop dock. They might have it later. It's not a deal-breaker though, I like this phone too much for it to be.

BayRican

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Definitely my next device. Sorry HTC I've been loyal long enough . I love everything about this phone. Just wish it had HDMI out

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
The HD Screen and Removable battery Sold me on the Galaxy Nexus
Razr has a sealed battery so that broke that deal.
The vigor is still up in the air it seems, so i have put that option aside.

Consistent, guaranteed ICS updates, and this phone will be the First to get them!

This phone is the only way to have ICS on a phone right away. I dont see any other phones having it any time soon.

Ill be getting this phone day 1, pre order, whatever it takes!

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I am, I had something odd happen on my account. I got eligible for an upgrade only 7 months into my contract (2 year). I called Verizon to ask if I was, and they checked my account and said yes... So I ordered an iPhone 4S (knowing eBay would get me good money). Used it for a week to see what it was all about and just sold it on ebay for $675. So I will be in the Prime for basically an upgrade price.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, we Sprint users seem to be screwed every whichway here. If I were on Verizon, I'd 100% get the LTE version. If I were on AT&T or T-Mobile, I'd 100% import the GSM/HSPA+ variant. If there's no news of Sprint getting it soon, I might have to start emailing Phil every day out of frustration.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Depends. If it's on Sprint, yes. But I'm guessing it won't be since they said it's LTE/HSPA+ and Sprint won't have LTE for 1-2 years.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I'll be getting this at full retail but have to wait til they release the AT&T version, hopefully on release day but knowing from the past it would be a few months later.

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Im definately going to make this purchase though I will be paying the retail price. Anyone know what that will be?

FOR SALE: HTC ThunderBolt with BAMF Forever

^ not a joke - send me a private message.

-kesnik

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm still on the fence between this and the RAZR. I've been happy with Motorola's Blur UI plus the phone is smaller, thinner, and lighter. While the sealed battery does make me hesitate, I'm just not sold on the Nexus yet. Knowing me, I'll probably end up buying them both at some point.

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Selling my BB9930 and getting one of these - just concerned about Sammy's build quality - had a couple of their phones from years ago and always felt cheap and plasticky...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs