View Poll Results: Will you be buying a Verizon Galaxy Nexus?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

254 93.04%
  • No

19 6.96%
10-24-2011 02:30 PM
70 123
tools
    So who's going to get one of these monsters?

I was debating between this, the Vigor, or the RAZR, but Google has won me over with ICS. Had a Nexus S for a few months (and a Nexus One) and I had that phone for the longest I've ever had any Android handset.

With the GNex, all my complaints and frustrations with Android have been fixed, and the hardware is incredible. For the first time, it looks like Android actually has a soul. Like it was designed from top to bottom by a human being that actually knows what UX means. That's huge, and that is the single reason why I'll be plunking down the crazy amount of cash for the Galaxy Nexus at full price for Verizon.
    10-19-2011 12:39 AM
    I am definitely getting one. And I am very glad that it comes in the 16GB variant, since it will probably save me $100 (im guessing it will be sold at $199).

I store most of my music in the cloud through google music anyway, and that is what would take up most of my space.
    10-19-2011 12:41 AM
    I am definitely considering paying full $$ for this and selling my thunderbolt. What a sweet phone!
    10-19-2011 12:43 AM
    I'm probably 90% on getting it. I had hoped they would have a car dock for it but, they only showed the desktop dock. They might have it later. It's not a deal-breaker though, I like this phone too much for it to be.
    10-19-2011 12:45 AM
    Definitely my next device. Sorry HTC I've been loyal long enough . I love everything about this phone. Just wish it had HDMI out
    10-19-2011 12:47 AM
    The HD Screen and Removable battery Sold me on the Galaxy Nexus
    Razr has a sealed battery so that broke that deal.
    The vigor is still up in the air it seems, so i have put that option aside.

Consistent, guaranteed ICS updates, and this phone will be the First to get them!

This phone is the only way to have ICS on a phone right away. I dont see any other phones having it any time soon.

Ill be getting this phone day 1, pre order, whatever it takes!
    10-19-2011 12:50 AM
    lol is this a real question?
    10-19-2011 01:08 AM
    I am, I had something odd happen on my account. I got eligible for an upgrade only 7 months into my contract (2 year). I called Verizon to ask if I was, and they checked my account and said yes... So I ordered an iPhone 4S (knowing eBay would get me good money). Used it for a week to see what it was all about and just sold it on ebay for $675. So I will be in the Prime for basically an upgrade price.
    10-19-2011 01:13 AM
    As soon as it's available.
    10-19-2011 01:21 AM
    Count me in. The wife doesn't know it yet but I'm taking her upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Asterdroid, Wiggy0211 and Shaggy80 like this.
    10-19-2011 01:28 AM
    Sadly, we Sprint users seem to be screwed every whichway here. If I were on Verizon, I'd 100% get the LTE version. If I were on AT&T or T-Mobile, I'd 100% import the GSM/HSPA+ variant. If there's no news of Sprint getting it soon, I might have to start emailing Phil every day out of frustration.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    10-19-2011 01:52 AM

Those cold nights on the couch will be worth it when get to snuggle next to a stock ICS device lol
    10-19-2011 01:53 AM
    Depends. If it's on Sprint, yes. But I'm guessing it won't be since they said it's LTE/HSPA+ and Sprint won't have LTE for 1-2 years.
    10-19-2011 02:12 AM
    10-19-2011 02:19 AM
    It's definitely a looker, but I am still deciding between this and the Galaxy Note
    10-19-2011 02:29 AM
    I'll be getting this at full retail but have to wait til they release the AT&T version, hopefully on release day but knowing from the past it would be a few months later.
    10-19-2011 02:36 AM
    Im definately going to make this purchase though I will be paying the retail price. Anyone know what that will be?

FOR SALE: HTC ThunderBolt with BAMF Forever

^ not a joke - send me a private message.

-kesnik
    10-19-2011 03:25 AM
    I'm still on the fence between this and the RAZR. I've been happy with Motorola's Blur UI plus the phone is smaller, thinner, and lighter. While the sealed battery does make me hesitate, I'm just not sold on the Nexus yet. Knowing me, I'll probably end up buying them both at some point.
    10-19-2011 07:11 AM
    I will definitely be getting one on day 1.
    10-19-2011 07:15 AM
    Selling my BB9930 and getting one of these - just concerned about Sammy's build quality - had a couple of their phones from years ago and always felt cheap and plasticky...
    10-19-2011 07:17 AM
    Please change the title of this thread to,

"Who has two thumbs and is buying the Galaxy Nexus"

and then change the first option to,

"This Guy!"

Asterdroid likes this.
    10-19-2011 07:19 AM

Just remember,Google Bump might be your only Bump for awhile if you do..............
    10-19-2011 07:20 AM
    i'm on AT&T- have to choose betw-Galaxy Note, Htc Holiday- whenever they decide to release it!, Nexus Prime,
    10-19-2011 07:41 AM
    I dont think so. Manufacturers will soon catch up to the GN's specs and i am not really wanting to compromise with the no SD card. I know at one point i want to run a custom ROM.
    10-19-2011 07:47 AM
    I'm still on the fence between this and the RAZR. I've been happy with Motorola's Blur UI plus the phone is smaller, thinner, and lighter. While the sealed battery does make me hesitate, I'm just not sold on the Nexus yet. Knowing me, I'll probably end up buying them both at some point.
    I'm leaning toward the GS but, thinking about the Razr also. They both have things I like and don't like.

I wish the Razr had a removable battery. If the battery life is good it won't matter. I could get through a whole 12 hour day at work on my Bionic (listening to music off & on and little web surfing, checking email). I also like the fact that it will come with a desk dock and car dock.

The Galaxy Nexus has ICS and, that's a really big advantage. I hope they include a car dock along with the Desktop dock. The Nexus One had both of these but, they didn't have anything for the Nexus S. It's kind of weird how they've been holding back a little on the last two nexus phones. Maybe there just isn't enough demand for a car dock.

The 32GB of storage will be nice on the GS will be nice. Having the flexibility of removable sd-card is nice but, the built-in storage seems to work better from my experience. I don't care for the 3.5 MM headphone jack on the bottom but, since I have a bluetooth stereo headset now; that doesn't really concern me.

I'm still leaning toward the Galaxy Nexus, I just really wish they would have a car dock for it.
    10-19-2011 07:52 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD