10-25-2011 11:28 AM
61 123
tools
    10-21-2011 03:21 PM
    It makes sense that all the carriers would get this phone sooner or later.

I am little surprised though we are seeing this so early for Sprint. (this is just a package slip and could easily be a fake)

If its real, does that mean there is a CDMA version only? Will Sprint carry the LTE phone and the LTE part be doormant until their LTE services are up and running?

Lots of questions come up now with this new information.

If all this is true and this document is real then I am thinking the Verizon exclusive will not be for long at all. Maybe a month or so if that.
    10-21-2011 04:30 PM
    Crossing fingers, but it looks like Sprint might betting the Galaxy-Nexus soon They make a good point, saying "We wrote about this on the night the Galaxy Nexus was unveiled because it just doesnt seem right. Sprint and Google have been in bed together for awhile now. Sprint is allowing Google to use their network to experiment on. With Google Voice and Google Wallet, the nations third largest carrier is letting the Big G beta test with their customers"

Sprint Galaxy Nexus tipped in leaked purchase order | Android and Me

Thanks to a leaked purchase order obtained by Brief Mobile, it looks like a Sprint Nexus may be coming sooner than later.
    10-21-2011 04:54 PM
    I was hoping some of you could help me figure out a hypothetical situation. If AT&T and Verizon release the phone around the same time, which carrier would you recommend I go with? I already know I'm leaving Sprint. Here in Chicago, AT&T's download speeds are 4-5x faster than Verizon LTE. Yes, LTE here in Chicago is pretty amazing, but if I can get DSL speeds on my phone, I'd be pretty happy. I don't think I really need 15-30 mbps. And considering LTE's reputation for eating battery, I'd probably spend most of the time on 3G if I went with Verizon, anyways. The other factor is that I'm in a family plan with others who want the iPhone 4S, which would certainly not perform as well on Verizon's network.

If you were in my position, would you go with AT&T?

Also, can someone explain to me why PCMag.com got better stream success rates on Verizon's 3G than on AT&T in Chicago? What could cause that? I know the difference isn't big, but I'm curious what other factors to consider. Is the connection just not as reliable?

The Fastest Mobile Networks 2011 - Chicago, IL | PCMag.com

Thanks.
    10-21-2011 06:13 PM
    You might wanna give up on Sprint before they get it. Based on the fact that Sprints unlimited plan is currently killing them, at the monent. I can't attest to it personally, but reports are making the rounds, that the influx of iPhone 4S owners are crippling their WiMax network speeds, is seemingly throttling users access. I'm not big on adding to the old rumor mill but, BriefMobile, reports that an internal shipping invoice for Sprints variant of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus(it's listed as Nexus Prime) was discovered that had a request for promo. materials w/ a scheduled shipping date out for those materials listed as 10/17/11. It's likely a fraudulent doc., but who knows? .
    10-24-2011 06:08 PM
    You might wanna give up on Sprint before they get it. Based on the fact that Sprints unlimited plan is currently killing them, at the monent. I can't attest to it personally, but reports are making the rounds, that the influx of iPhone 4S owners are crippling their WiMax network speeds, is seemingly throttling users access. I'm not big on adding to the old rumor mill but, BriefMobile, reports that an internal shipping invoice for Sprints variant of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus(it's listed as Nexus Prime) was discovered that had a request for promo. materials w/ a scheduled shipping date out for those materials listed as 10/17/11. It's likely a fraudulent doc., but who knows? .
    Sprint is only killing unlimited HOTSPOT plans, not smartphone plans. Also, the iPhone 4S has no 4G radio (still has 3G only) so it has no effect on the Wimax towers.
    Lucki and crzycrkr like this.
    10-24-2011 06:33 PM
    The iPhone 4S is not on their wimax network.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    10-24-2011 06:35 PM
    Sprint is only killing unlimited HOTSPOT plans, not smartphone plans. Also, the iPhone 4S has no 4G radio (still has 3G only) so it has no effect on the Wimax towers.
    The iPhone 4S is not on their wimax network.
    Absolutely, right guys, I'm fully aware of the info. I'm not sure what's up w/ me today, yet another brain fart, on my part. That's #2 on the day for me, better quit posting b4 I make #3. Say goodnight, Gracie........Goodnight, Gracie.

Article link: Sprint, Apple said to be cooking up iPhone 4S 3G speed fix | Apple Talk - CNET News
    10-25-2011 01:20 AM

Also, can someone explain to me why PCMag.com got better stream success rates on Verizon's 3G than on AT&T in Chicago? What could cause that? I know the difference isn't big, but I'm curious what other factors to consider. Is the connection just not as reliable?
    AT&T is absolutely terrible within city limits.

Also, laughing at people mentioning the galaxy s 3.

It's going to be the same deal next year when it's released in Europe early in the year and takes an extra 6 months to release subsidized here.

Otherwise, enjoy paying $1k for an unlocked lte gs3.
    10-25-2011 01:33 AM
    1. add up UNLIMITED Voice, Data, and Texts and Verizon is much more expensive than $10/month vs. Sprint. IMO nobody can touch Sprint's value for the money.
    2. Sprint and Verizon share CDMA towers. personally i've been all over the country and never had a service issue with Sprint where a Verizon customer didn't have the same issue.
    3. i'll take the $$$$$$ savings and send it to my mutual fund every month - not to those bastards at Verizon. the rich get richer because they don't **** away money every month. "beware of small leaks - they can sink a ship."

good luck all.
    Plus Sprint gives free roaming in the U.S. (for calls and free data roaming up to 300 MB I think).
    10-25-2011 10:43 AM
    Plus Sprint gives free roaming in the U.S. (for calls and free data roaming up to 300 MB I think).
    At blazing 1xrtt speed!
    10-25-2011 11:28 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD