10-19-2011 10:44 PM
38 12
tools
    In Panda we trust.
    10-19-2011 08:43 PM
    P3droid echoed the sentiment and said its true.

Lets hope they get their ish together.
    Go Gators!
    10-19-2011 09:00 PM
    I have heard nothing about what LTE chip is in the Nexus. Motorola pointed out that the RAZR has a new LTE chip that uses less battery and allows faster speeds.

Samsung wouldn't put the older, inferior LTE chip in the Nexus if there is a better chip available would they? Would they?
    10-19-2011 09:03 PM
    Go Gators!
    Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn we just gave it to you guys. And then a loss to Auburn, holy crap how low can you go?
    10-19-2011 09:08 PM
    I have heard nothing about what LTE chip is in the Nexus. Motorola pointed out that the RAZR has a new LTE chip that uses less battery and allows faster speeds.

Samsung wouldn't put the older, inferior LTE chip in the Nexus if there is a better chip available would they? Would they?
    no, clearly they would not do that...................just like they did with the CPU and GPU!!!!!!!

im not hatin either, i am completely content with specs, just sayin!!
    jball8276 likes this.
    10-19-2011 09:10 PM
    no, clearly they would not do that...................just like they did with the CPU and GPU!!!!!!!

im not hatin either, i am completely content with specs, just sayin!!
    I'm pretty sure the Galaxy Nexus is the first phone with the TI OMAP 4460...
    10-19-2011 09:19 PM
    You would think this would be a non issue considering the stress they put on lte last night... Why would they babble on or hold a conference if the verizon testers had shoddy results? Smells fishy to me...
    Stang68 likes this.
    10-19-2011 09:39 PM
    You would think this would be a non issue considering the stress they put on lte last night... Why would they babble on or hold a conference if the verizon testers had shoddy results? Smells fishy to me...
    very good point! but remember ATTs LTE is here soon.
    10-19-2011 09:46 PM
    I agree that they probably wouldnt have announced it and the release wouldnt be projected in their system (which I know can obviously change) had it experienced bad results...it just doesnt seem logical.

November 10th (if that is the solid, real date) is still a decent amount away, Im not too worried about a delay. Most importantly I just dont want one, and need a GN soon
    10-19-2011 09:55 PM

Nonsense. Motorola's solution is homegrown, and the same as the one in the Bionic. There's no way Samsung could use it, and there's no way they would have anything else ready in time for launch.

These rumors are just that, RUMORS. There is not a chance in hell that Verizon waited until the last minute to get these devices into the hands of testers, and then told Samsung to fix it at the last minute and delay the phone. That just isn't how these things work.

Here's why we haven't heard a peep about this: The Galaxy Nexus is the first Nexus device offered on Verizon, and the first LTE Nexus device. It is a big deal, for Google, Samsung, and Verizon. Instead of spoiling that significance on the ICS presser (where the Nexus played second-fiddle to the new OS), Verizon wants to announce its version of the GNex on its own terms and in its own venue. We'll see it soon enough. My advice to all of you is this: Calm down, go outside, and enjoy the sunshine before Winter gets here.
    Stang68 likes this.
    10-19-2011 10:06 PM
    I find it hard to believe that Sammy is having connectivity problems so bad it is allowing vzw to rethink its release. Lets not forget Samsung has lte experience with the Droid Charge. It can't be THAT bad... I'm sure its fixable if that's even the problem to begin with.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk
    10-19-2011 10:28 PM
    And here's some words of wisdom from P3 Droid. Listen to him, and chill the eff out.

Well I'm afraid I may be the person who started this whole storm. So let me add my .02 here.

I believe that the Galaxy Nexus is going to make its debut on Verizon. Is it having some problems, yes it is. Do I expect them to be ironed out, yes I do.

I only shared information with all of you because that is what I do, but I do not think you all should be acting in this manner. Its just a phone, and its just a carrier. You will have an opportunity to get the device somewhere and somewhere soon.

So please dial it back. This attention to detail is good for you and me. Because the ultimate goal of Verizon is to ensure a quality product running with no problems so that the network and device meet yours and mine expectations. In fact I want them to be thorough so we don't have another Thunderbolt fiasco.

So relax, and enjoy the new OS by watching the replay over and over again, the device launch will be here before you know it.
    pwninobrlan likes this.
    10-19-2011 10:41 PM
    Well now bmx is reiterating on twitter that VZW has their own plans for a Nexus release and that it performs great on LTE.

I trust the Panda.
    The wise Panda has spoken!
    10-19-2011 10:44 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD