Verizon GN Delay Because of Connectivity?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Say it ain't so! :-(

If true, Samsung needs to step up and Verizon should be commended for not allowing their network to get a bad rep on a flagship device.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

I think Verizon will still get this first. If anything maybe a slight delay.

As it looks like now from whats being posted recently, all the major carriers will get this phone. If Verizon has a limited exclusive that will mess up the timing for all the other carriers as well.

I think this might be a little blip that can be fixed very easily. If it is true that is.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I think this might be a little blip that can be fixed very easily. If it is true that is.
HTC/Verizon have had 4 different official ROMs for the ThunderBolt but have not yet fixed the data connectivity problems. They need to stop blaming the OEMs and take a closer look at their network?

Thanks, Robrecht

Last edited:

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

I still think we see the device on Verizon, but I do wonder how these thinner phones will handle the 4G coverage areas where the signal isnt great. This was a concern when I saw the side profile shot of the nexus.

Clarification .. Thinner phones seem to use a next gen antenna but I'm not sure that the smaller units won't have bigger problems with an already spotty LTE network. In extended areas it could be problematic.

Guess time will tell, I'm sure Sammy will work it out.

Last edited:

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Lol oh these rumors are frustrating. If we don't hear anything from Verizon in the next couple of weeks then I will worry.

spas2k

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

it's been interesting watching lte from day one via my Thunderbolt. It used to be fast if toy had solid coverage. Easy 20 mbs. The issues arose when you were on the edge of lte when it would drop off and switch to 3g. You would literally have no data for a few seconds or more while switching. Eventually this got better and currently I'm running the latest cm7 build and have had solid, steady, and fast lte, but it has taken it a long while to get there. Hopefully samsunv doesn't run into the same issues.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Well now bmx is reiterating on twitter that VZW has their own plans for a Nexus release and that it performs great on LTE.

I trust the Panda.

black_man_x The Panda King
I advise to Wait and see... but we are NOT doing that thunderbolt launch madness BS with this device.. #crankyflyingpandaminirant
18 minutes ago

black_man_x The Panda King
vzw has their own plan for the nexus rls, before those run amuck with this I will say the device performs great on LTE..
20 minutes ago

Last edited:

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm not concerned with this. The phones in Verizon's system for an impending launch. I know that's not a lot to go on, but I'm pretty confident it'll all work out. Even if the issue exist, Samsung should be able to find a fix if it's software related.

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
HTC/Verizon have had 4 different official ROMs for the ThunderBolt but have not yet fixed the data connectivity problems. They need to stop blaming the OEMs and take a closer look at their network?

Thanks, Robrecht

I agree with you. I have both a bionic and charge and both suffer 4g and 3g switching problems. Heard the same goes for the tb. Wonder if it's because voice and 3g data is on cdma and 4g data on lte which is GSM based. Damn vzw! Lol. Who the heck knows

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer