Verizon Launch Delayed..(rumors)

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When did they say ever "Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon?" Oh they haven't. They simply stated LTE capable version and US carriers. They never said VzW or when it would hit for VzW.

I'm worried because of the fact they didn't have an LTE version at the show yesterday. That's simply the only thing making me curious but w/e it will come to VzW I'm sure.

Anyone remeber that this happened? Samsung Galaxy Nexus leaks on official site, flashes Verizon affiliation -- Engadget

Samsung also tweeted that Verizon will get it first. They have retracted that statement and changed their website, probably because Verizon wants to make the announcement themselves at a later date. Verizon doesn't want to shortchange their other phones by announcing something better than what they are currently offering until the device will be out next week. Here is my prediction: Verizon will announce this phone for pre-order on November 3rd with a release on November 10th.

Last edited:

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to address the forum bmx. I'll drink a Natty Boh in your honor Monday night while the Ravens wax Jax.

Rice, Rice baby!!!

*customized tapatalk signature*

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
You too P3! Forgot that in my last post. Also, thanks to you guys for occasionally responding to me via twitter. I know you get bombarded daily. Appreciate it. I'm @quinsdad on there, by the way.

I appreciate what you guys do.

*customized tapatalk signature*

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It's not that big of a deal for me. I'm currently on Verizon and, get a discount through my job so; it would be nice if the GN arrived there.

Having said that, if it's launched somewhere else, I'll just switch to that carrier. I have no loyalties to any carrier and, just want the Nexus phone. I'll just use part of my credit from returning the Bionic to pay off the ETA.

I think it will come to Verizon but, just won't be as big of a splash like the other phones.

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Does Verizon really have any desire or need to release a pure google phone? They have all types of leverage against Samsung, Google (whoever) and if they don't want to follow any of Verizon's rules/guidelines they can be dropped with very little consequences.

If the Nexus doesn't come to Verizon some people will be pissed and some people may change carriers but the majority of their customers will have no idea. They still have the fastest and largest network and there will also be better phones coming out.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Lets hope that Google and Samsung say F you to the big Red, and go to where it should, Sprint and T-Mobile first.

Actually they should just release it on all four U.S. carriers at the same time like Apple does with the iPhone. I hate this exclusivity crap from carriers.

The two worst carriers should get the elite phone? LOL. I never understood this logic.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Does Verizon really have any desire or need to release a pure google phone? They have all types of leverage against Samsung, Google (whoever) and if they don't want to follow any of Verizon's rules/guidelines they can be dropped with very little consequences.

If the Nexus doesn't come to Verizon some people will be pissed and some people may change carriers but the majority of their customers will have no idea. They still have the fastest and largest network and there will also be better phones coming out.

This is a very good point that often goes overlooked. Verizon wants premium phones so that it will 1. Bring in new customers and 2. Retain the ones they have. That's why they wanted the iphone, which is a proven money maker. If every carrier gets the nexus (which they probably will) and it isn't exclusive to Verizon for more than a month, there's no reason for them to market it heavily, unlike its exclusive RAZR and Rezound. Geeks who already know about the nexus will buy it no matter what, but average consumers, will be bombarded by ads for Verizon exclusives, and the nexus will be an afterthought. I still think it will come to VZW but won't be pushed heavily by them, especially since it allows the user to remove any bloat.

Reactions: Bobaroo

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
VZW will get it. Everyone is gunshy. People waited all year for the bionic, and it released. Just be glad they are trying to cure the problems prior to release, and not expecting the general public to find the problems for them. What good is a phone if you can't use it?

Oh and for the people that hate VZW, At&t are just as horrible and have the dialup speed 2g in more places than the 3g. They will all do whats best for them and the shareholders. They know with the best network they can basically get away with murder. Tmo, sprint, and at&t would do they same thing with the same stroke.
Thank you for the updates P3droid and bmx. They are welcomed by more than a few. Don't pay attention to the keyboard killers that constantly talk down from the safety of their mothers basement.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
VZW will get it. Everyone is gunshy. People waited all year for the bionic, and it released. Just be glad they are trying to cure the problems prior to release, and not expecting the general public to find the problems for them. What good is a phone if you can't use it?

Oh and for the people that hate VZW, At&t are just as horrible and have the dialup speed 2g in more places than the 3g. They will all do whats best for them and the shareholders. They know with the best network they can basically get away with murder. Tmo, sprint, and at&t would do they same thing with the same stroke.
Thank you for the updates P3droid and bmx. They are welcomed by more than a few. Don't pay attention to the keyboard killers that constantly talk down from the safety of their mothers basement.

Or would that be talking up from the basement? Oops hold on... MOM! CAN YOU BRING ME SOME COOKIES AND MILK?! AND DID YOU FINISH MY LAUNDRY YET?! Sorry bout that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The two worst carriers should get the elite phone? LOL. I never understood this logic.

In some places, vzw is the worst. Can't totally discount those places. For many of us who have vzw it's because it is the heat where we live and for the most part use our phones.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Verizon will get it. May even pub it up. They like saying first this or that. I don't see them passing up first phone with Ice Cream Sandwich.

---

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
In some places, vzw is the worst. Can't totally discount those places. For many of us who have vzw it's because it is the heat where we live and for the most part use our phones.

Verizon doesn't work the best at my home but, I can receive & make calls. I live in a city were T-mobile and ATT coverage is pretty good, that's why I don't mind switching. T-mobile's 3G is almost as fast as 4G at my home, that's what I like about GSM phones besides them also being world phones.

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
- Unlike the Galaxy Nexus tteodoldeon rumor falls in the 3G LTE, HSPA + technology, high-mounted

In Hong Kong, officially announced today in the Galaxy Nexus LTE among the fall in November will be released to the domestic market also been confirmed as 3G.

This fact confirmed by SK Telecom official Twitter Galaxy Nexus happened to 3G to 4G will be released will be released by SK Telecom, asking questions, but release date is not confirmed that the 3G market and Burke answered.

Meanwhile, the Galaxy announced today the Nexus instead of the LTE download speeds of 21Mbps HSPA + equipped with side dwaeteumyeo Samsung Electronics plans to unveil later exactly call the Galaxy Nexus balhyeot LTE models, but does not afaik soon emerged as a yesangdwae're going to buy a 3G model, 4G Nexus is a Galaxy model will wait until the consumers want to buy them cause they seem to conflict. - Keyibenchi ( www.kbench.com
)

???̺?ġ-?????? ?ؼ ?? ???? ??ô? 3G?? ???

The translation is bad. Basically, LTE version of G-Nexus is not ready for retail, and that's why Samsung only showed HSPA+ model at the announcement. This doesn't look good at all.

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Lets hope that Google and Samsung say F you to the big Red, and go to where it should, Sprint and T-Mobile first.

Actually they should just release it on all four U.S. carriers at the same time like Apple does with the iPhone. I hate this exclusivity crap from carriers.

You my friend have a very short memory, Apple played games with all the carriers for years until they were paid off. This is the only year that the I-Phone was out on 3 carriers and it almost crushed Sprint. Don't ever compare Android's business practice with Apple. Just my Opinion.

jokeefe10

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
First of all thanks to panda for posting this and for everyone else who makes a contribution to the android community. i dont have inside sources like some but i'm very hopefully this phone will come to verizon. that being said we have watched them screw up launches before and i do have doubts if this phone will come anytime soon. i'm wondering if the press conference on the 11th wasn't canceled due to the fact there are some issues with the galazy nexus and verizon's 4G network. it was never explicitly explained why it was canceled as far as i know. their statement was vague and i think we pretty much assumed it was because of steve job's passing. i guess the next 2 weeks will let us know.

firelightx

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
First of all thanks to panda for posting this and for everyone else who makes a contribution to the android community. i dont have inside sources like some but i'm very hopefully this phone will come to verizon. that being said we have watched them screw up launches before and i do have doubts if this phone will come anytime soon. i'm wondering if the press conference on the 11th wasn't canceled due to the fact there are some issues with the galazy nexus and verizon's 4G network. it was never explicitly explained why it was canceled as far as i know. their statement was vague and i think we pretty much assumed it was because of steve job's passing. i guess the next 2 weeks will let us know.

This phone was announced internationally, and will be available on several carriers around the world. They aren't going to postpone it just because of one single carrier causing them issues. If google says they postponed it to respect Steve Jobs (And they did, quite clearly, say exactly that by the way) then that's the truth.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking Verizon (or America) is at the center of the universe.

jokeefe10

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This phone was announced internationally, and will be available on several carriers around the world. They aren't going to postpone it just because of one single carrier causing them issues. If google says they postponed it to respect Steve Jobs (And they did, quite clearly, say exactly that by the way) then that's the truth.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking Verizon (or America) is at the center of the universe.

If they did say that then i missed it and that's all good. they would however postpone it in the U.S. if there were issues with Verizon. As far as we know it's only launching on verizon in the U.S. initially. It would be a pretty bad P.R. move to announce a phone and have demos on hand which would have trouble working correctly. it's the same reason they didn't have a working LTE phone at this past conference, it would basically be a dead phone as far as LTE connection is concerned because there is no service there.
I never said verizon or america is the center of the universe but as far as the galaxy nexus launching here it's all we have to go on right now.

firelightx

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't forsee a bad PR move, here. Not if they're careful.

Verizon's LTE network is notoriously hard to work with, proven by the massive delays of the Bionic, or the Thunderbolt and Charge's initial issues. All signs, if you ask me, that Verizon's LTE wasn't quite ready for the public rollout in general. The persistent battery life issues is just another point against it. So it's entirely possible that the LTE version for Verizon is suffering from an issue or two.

However, Verizon's PR department is such that they can take an issue like the MASSIVE delays of the Bionic and make them invisible to the general public. If the Nexus is delayed for Verizon, I forsee it being a simple "Now available on ____ for Japan and ____ for Europe, coming soon to Verizon in America." I mean, that's basically exactly what the GS2 did here, and it's doing just fine. At this point, I think we're getting used to getting the international phones last, here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz