Verizon Launch Delayed..(rumors)

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Yep T-Mobile is the "Nexus" carrier, they were the first ones to bring out the now classic Nexus-One, and had the Nexus-S first for 6 months.

If T-Mobile doesn't get the Galaxy-Nexus soon, it would be like ATT all of a sudden not getting the newest iPhone on release.

Please leave this forum if you're going to keep making off topic posts. We get it, you like T-Mobile.

Last edited:

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... Moto-2, me-. 5 lol
Good thing I still like both my xoom and Bionic, but I will be damned if I got a moto product without something not happening timely (xoom 4g upgrade) or happening far too Damn quick (razr> bionic) Lmao.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

MetalPhoenix79

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
All due respect to P3Droid but please understand the power of the Internet/rumor that you carry. I'm not damning P3Droid but....When P3Droid post that he has the specs of the Nexus in June with a November release and then says that bloggers are just following what he said. Then says....well now....I know why VZW didn't say anything. Then we wonder why there is a rumble. Seriously? Either you know something or you've heard something. MAKE A DISTINCTION! If you are going to brag one minute and speak in enigmas the next minute you are going to have to forgive the riots.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Panda, know this and tell your Google colleagues....for every day past November 3rd that the Galaxy Nexus is not released on VZW, I will destroy an innocent Nexus S. Be warned.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I just want to say thanks to BMX and P3 for their insight throughout this thread. Truer words could not be spoken. We all know VZW will carry the device. Panda speaks the truth and helps us all out with leaks and info when he can divulge it. The same goes for P3. Both of these guys help out the community in enormous ways and I think some of us can forget that from time to time. Everything that either one of them has stated in this thread I agree with. And remember guys, it is still just a phone. As much as I love Android there are more important things in life than phones. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to own my very first Nexus device, and use it on Big Red. It will be here before too long, and by the sound of it, as bug free as possible, which is how we all want it anyway. Let them take the time to iron out the bugs and give us a better user experience. I know I will appreciate that much more than rushing it to the stores to start selling it before it actually functions properly. I have made that mistake before, hence why I no longer use a Thunderbolt. Just my thoughts. Hopefully I won't get razzed too much for this.

I wont speak for P3 but I appreciate that.. I dont do it for the fame but a thank you means a lot.

Reactions: f150fan

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
As someone who was (publicly) concerned, let me just thank you. This makes plenty of sense, and I apologize for underestimating Verizon's commitment.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
As someone who was (publicly) concerned, let me just thank you. This makes plenty of sense, and I apologize for underestimating Verizon's commitment.

OOO nooo... don't EVER start giving the carriers credit for doing something right.. having been apart of their world at a high level trust me when i say... never give them credit because they dont deserve it.. keep them honest by talking with your purchases and your word of mouth..

just because they do something right this time.. doesnt mean they arent planning a sneak attack the next.. lol

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
OOO nooo... don't EVER start giving the carriers credit for doing something right.. having been apart of their world at a high level trust me when i say... never give them credit because they dont deserve it.. keep them honest by talking with your purchases and your word of mouth..

just because they do something right this time.. doesnt mean they arent planning a sneak attack the next.. lol

LOL I couldn't have said it any better myself. I will say though I finally do feel like Verizon has listened to us by giving us the Galaxy Nexus. But I will NEVER EVER give them credit, I feel llike we are OWED this device since all we got is crappy devices all year! (not really owed but it's the least they could do for us)!!!!!

themikeyan

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
thanks for posting this! looking forward to the nexus, when it shows up, but hey, i'd rather it be right than a week or two rushed out!

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
LOL I couldn't have said it any better myself. I will say though I finally do feel like Verizon has listened to us by giving us the Galaxy Nexus. But I will NEVER EVER give them credit, I feel llike we are OWED this device since all we got is crappy devices all year! (not really owed but it's the least they could do for us)!!!!!

I feel they owe it to me for all of the Thunderbolt mistakes. I swear I will never get another HTC phone because of them and the constant reboots for 6 weeks almost made me leave Verizon. It seriously took them that long to fix that stupid update.

sjones765

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For me this isn't about the phone. Its about businesses continually limiting my choices. What happened to fighting for my "ol mighty dollar"? So tired of people bending over and taking what companies want to give. And instead of demanding more, we turn around, smile, and ask for more. I want the standards raised. I will be one that takes my three lines and go to who will support what I want (Android)

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
If part of your "scoop" includes the words "details are sketchy" then maybe that's a sign you shouldn't be posting it.

What essentially happened tonight:

1) Post on your blog/forum/whatever something intended to create a #@$%storm
2) complain when #@$%storm actually happens
3) ???
4) Profit!

It's about having journalistic integrity and being responsible for what you write. You can't write some sketchy rumor and then complain that the device is too hyped - don't you understand that what YOU WROTE contributes to the hype?

Thankfully we have our panda trying to calm things down. But he shouldn't have to. It comes down to having good sense and making sure you have something concrete beyond "sketchy details" before posting something that you KNOW will cause the community to get into a tizzy.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Based on the responses to this thread, it seems like you are some sort of important person in the Android world, so forgive me if I offend, but are are you serious? I too would like a true nexus device on verizon (my carrier of choice), but if you think that "a lot of customers" are going to loose faith in verizon or switch carriers based on whether or not they get a nexus device, you're nuts. You want one, I want one, developers want one, and another four or five hundred people want one, but that's about it. 99% of the android population couldn't care less about a vanilla experience. I would even go so far as to say that most all of them even prefer having all the crappy verizon bloat.

Are you nuts? Did you not see the ICS debut? What Android has done with ICS makes it much more than just a vanilla experience. You really think after people see what Android has become with ICS only 400-500 people want this phone?

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Lets hope that Google and Samsung say F you to the big Red, and go to where it should, Sprint and T-Mobile first.

Actually they should just release it on all four U.S. carriers at the same time like Apple does with the iPhone. I hate this exclusivity crap from carriers.

what? Like Apple does? It hit 4 US carriers for the first time a couple of days ago!!! It's been out for 4 years and didn't hit its 2nd US carrier (VZW) until this year! Nice example.

edit* meant to type year instead of month!

Last edited:

firelightx

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Seems most of the posts here, including the OP, forget a particularly important detail:

Neither Google nor Samsung have the mainstream marketing power to push the Nexus to the forefront. They can't position it as the premiere Android device. Samsung can push it as a high end device, but won't be able to drive it all the way to the top. Only a concentrated effort by Samsung and Verizon both can accomplish that (not unlike the original Droid and the massive advertising campaign that went into that). In a sense, whether or not the masses care about the Nexus is entirely up to the effort Verizon puts into it. That's a scary thought to me, and I work for Verizon.

ICS and the new features it brings to the table can be launched to great effect as revolutionary upgrade. To steal from Apple, "This changes everything." Because it really does. I look at 4.0 vs 2.3 and it's hardly even a comparison anymore. It feels like the past two years of Android have just been beta testing. And it needs to be pitched that way! And pitched hard! Cause all the specs, and feature lists, and press conferences in the world don't matter if you can't pitch a mainstream advertising campaign that captures the attention of the mass consumer.

It's the single biggest reason why Apple can do with one phone what Google has to use hundreds of phones to beat. Marketing. I never understood how an advertising company could suck so terribly at advertising their product. Then again, Google doesn't need to care which android phone sells, so long as it's an android. So i guess there's that.

skyboxer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes. This device needs to be available to anyone. It's good enough to make a big noise when it hits and the more that can get it the better. If I had the cash but used Boost mobile, i should be able to get this phone.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

firelightx

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I think they have plenty of both. And overseas, it's been used to great effect, given how well the GS2's sold, worldwide.

I just feel that it's not enough. I feel that it needs even more than they've given it so far. Samsung is struggling to shake off the early bad reputation they earned themselves with poor quality and buggy devices. Their launch of the Galaxy S series, for all their efforts to promote it, was pretty underwhelming in the states, and on Verizon especially, they're playing a heavy game of catch-up:

The Epic 4G was overshadowed by the EVO.
The Captivate suffered a nasty GPS bug that drove AT&T salesmen to pretend the phone didn't exist when talking to customers.
The Galaxy S 4G on T-Mobile did alright, if you overlook how scorned Vibrant customers were for having a 4G version launch less than 3 months later.
The Fascinate suffered from so many bugs that I have yet to meet an owner who isn't upset with the phone. Worse yet, no phone has come out yet on Verizon to shake that bad stigma (outside of the Charge, which is admittedly a great phone that is often overlooked thanks to the Thunderbolt)

GS2 is changing that game up a bit, (reports of it being "the best android phone in the world" are starting to spread) but then it didn't come out on Verizon. And the Galaxy Nexus is different enough (thanks to ICS) that it can't exactly ride on the coat tails of that marketing campaign. And the Nexus NEEDS heavy marketing if it's going to be the flagship we all want it to be.

I'm sorry, I just don't see Samsung pulling it off. Not between their other endeavors, the bad rap they're still trying to shake off in America, or the price tag involved with giving the Nexus the promotion it needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781