Verizon Launch Delayed..(rumors)

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
i dont think its over reacting

VZW screws up everything they touch. The thunderbolt was a disaster, the bionic was a disaster, EVERY carrier except them got some version of the SGSII. To date, they don't have a solid 4g phone that isn't plagued with issues.

Why the carrier is allowed to mess with the OS at all is beyond me. I've always wanted to ask a senior rep, is bloatware really worth it?!, do you guys really make that much money off it that its worth pissing off a lot of your customers.

VZW should focus on one thing and one thing only, providing the device access to voice/data networks, don't touch the OS, no one likes it when you mess with the OS. their meddling with the thunderbolt made a highly anticipated device into a total POS.

even worse is this total disconnect between their customers and upper management, those idiots are cluless... again, if it wasn't for their network, they would of been toast years ago.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
VZW should focus on one thing and one thing only, providing the device access to voice/data networks, don't touch the OS, no one likes it when you mess with the OS. their meddling with the thunderbolt made a highly anticipated device into a total POS.

Verizon won't do that willingly - they're terrified about suffering lower margins if they only concentrate on their network. They don't want to become a "dump pipe" company.

Of course I'd argue that if you don't want to be a dumb pipe company, you should get out of the business of laying pipes...

But TitansJonne is right - Panda says it's more an issue of making adjustments on Samsung's end right now, and I'm sure Samsung wants to fix the problem. So while it's clearly hardball time (i.e. "fix it or else") that doesn't mean it can't be done. I'm willing to proffer tacit optimism for the moment, with the threat of carrying the big "there are other carriers" stick if they fail to come through.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
F up like how? You are hearing rumors and running with them smh.

I'm not basing anything on rumor. I'm basing it on a clear pattern in regards to vzw screwing up device releases. Lets examine some of them:

-Motorola Xoom- when I bought mine I was told 90 days and it would be upgrade to 4G. It took more than double that.

-Thunderbolt- horrible launch, device still plagued by numerous bugs.

-Bionic-again horrible launch, and again lots of problems (step into the bionic forum here and look for yourself)

-They are the only carrier that didn't get the SGSII

This stuff is all recent, its not like i'm picking irrelevant issues from the past. They suck when it comes to dealing with devices. I don't mean to sound biased, i'll give VZW credit were they deserve it. The only thing they can do right is maintain a superior network, but they suck at handling devices and the reason why is because they mess with the software to squeeze out extra avenues of revenue.

This isn't a new thing for them either, they have been doing this before smartphones. Remember when vzw had that brew OS "get it now". They force installed that OS on every device and it made them all worse. Take for example the original razr. There was a version sold on ATT and one sold on VZW. The ATT version had an OS made by Moto for the phone. The VZW version had their brew OS. It caused significant problems and made the phone inferior to its ATT counterpart.

The only reason they did so is to control the software/functionality of the device and only allow content sold/controlled by them to work on the device. They did it out of greed and to be honest, I dont get why, I NEVER bought anything from 'get it now' and I cant imagine many people did.

VZW should focus on maintaining its network advantage and leave device/OS issues to the companies that make the devices. They need to realize that they are network operators and not content providers.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I'm not surprised at all about the worry. Panda mentioned the reason people are freaked earlier in his post. People are just used to getting shafted by Verizon now. This has been an ongoing issue for quite a while. A lot of us on message boards have been wanting a GREAT 4G dual core phone and the wait has been long with heartbreak along the way. Most thought the Bionic would be the phone for us and then we had the long delays to remake it and the final product just wasn't worth it for most. Many switched to waiting for the S2, then Verizon ended up being the only carrier not to get it over here because something better, the GN, was supposed to come out soon. So now we wait again for Verizon to say something and hope that it won't be some random statement saying they aren't getting it, but that is okay because supposedly they have an amazing phone selection anyways.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Good Morning ALL..

Lots of speculation about whats actually going on. updated my device to the latest build but that's about it in Nexus land... Pretty sure there wont be anything coming this weekend so get out there and enjoy the weekend, listen to the AC podcast, go to whole foods and spend 100.00 bucks on 3 items..

Next week... things get real interesting.. (insert sinister laugh here)

Panda...

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Good Morning ALL..

Lots of speculation about whats actually going on. updated my device to the latest build but that's about it in Nexus land... Pretty sure there wont be anything coming this weekend so get out there and enjoy the weekend, listen to the AC podcast, go to whole foods and spend 100.00 bucks on 3 items..

Panda...

LOL.

I had a feeling it would be at least next week before we heard anything anyway.

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Good Morning ALL..

Panda...

Dang your cryptic messages! lol Thanks for the info and hopefully next week we all become happier!

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Good Morning ALL..

Panda...

Thanks for the info and all that you do. Much appreciated.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

machiz7888

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Good Morning ALL..

Panda...

okay.. so 100 bucks times tax is 108... so maybe 10/8 release? the third being pre-order date?
next week being the US announcement?

and whole foods being healthy probably means this won't be anywhere near verizon? lol

AmIClose?

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Those on twitter should hit @VerizonWireless with mentions regarding the Galaxy Nexus. Their whole point of existing is to monitor social media (they have a whole team dedicated to it) - if they see they keep getting mentions for the Galaxy Nexus it'll have an impact.

There's already a campaign ongoing, join in and let's make it known to Big Red that we won't lose the Galaxy Nexus without a fight! #SaveTheNexus

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Good Morning ALL..

Panda...

Uh oh, its gettin' real in the whole foods parking lot.

WaistDownUnder

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
okay.. so 100 bucks times tax is 108... so maybe 10/8 release? the third being pre-order date?
next week being the US announcement?

and whole foods being healthy probably means this won't be anywhere near verizon? lol

AmIClose?

I second mkhalil06...

I'm thinking he's saying it will cost $300 or $299 with a 2 year. As far as whole foods, I've got nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL