10-22-2011 06:58 AM
94 1234
tools
    how do we know this is the verizon version? Click to view quoted image
    wasn't this confirmed to be the verizon version? it even has the verizon 4gLTE backing..
    1. P3 might have a dev model / earlier model / not verizon

2. NOTHING is set in stone until I see confirmation from the carrier officially. Solid sources or no
    10-20-2011 10:41 PM
    I personally don't mind re VZW having delays, given I live in a GSM country.

It would however suck for those wanting it.
    10-20-2011 10:41 PM
    1)
    4) P3Droid basically told us to not sell our phones for the Galaxy Nexus because it'd be a "bad idea".
    He also said nothing is set one way or another. Just passing along info.

He wants to make sure no ones disappointed. Things change, and until its confirmed officially, its just a rumor or subject to change.

Heres to hoping, though.....
    10-20-2011 10:44 PM
    Panda hasn't said anything bad about it, so im not worried. And theres a 16 and 32GB model.
    ejaymd11 and dustinb like this.
    10-20-2011 10:55 PM
    Well the other pic shows it with the back off and their is no lte sim card slot but their is a micro SD card slot so I doubt this is for verizon
    This. It's missing the LTE sim card slot. That's the biggest tell tale of them all.
    10-20-2011 10:58 PM
    This. It's missing the LTE sim card slot. That's the biggest tell tale of them all.
    Actually, the thing on the left is a microSIM slot.
    10-20-2011 11:03 PM
    Um, what??
    10-20-2011 11:05 PM
    Gah link not working and I have nexus anxiety lol... Must see post!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L
    10-20-2011 11:11 PM
    Why does the inside look so different from the pics on Engadget??
    10-20-2011 11:13 PM
    wow...so thick
    10-20-2011 11:16 PM
    Gah link not working and I have nexus anxiety lol... Must see post!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L
    P3's pics.

It does clearly say "MicroSIM" right on it.

[IMG]http://i51.**************The Tinypic Domain is Blocked by the Forums Administrator. Please choose an alternate image hosting service.********/2zxp4ic.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.**************The Tinypic Domain is Blocked by the Forums Administrator. Please choose an alternate image hosting service.********/2zxp4ic.jpg[/IMG]
    10-20-2011 11:21 PM
    I seem to remember Samsung saying "no wood grain" during the press conference?!
    10-20-2011 11:23 PM
    I seem to remember Samsung saying "no wood grain" during the press conference?!
    looks more like brushed aluminum to me.
    10-20-2011 11:27 PM
    looks more like brushed aluminum to me.
    It's plastic.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-20-2011 11:40 PM
    I don't even know what to think right now...

I just really need a good phone.
    10-20-2011 11:46 PM
    It's plastic.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Well duh, its samsung
    10-20-2011 11:47 PM
    So p3droid is a high school science teacher? He's not even an insider?
    10-20-2011 11:53 PM
    It's not for Verizon. The data signal on the phone does not say 4G LTE, which is something that Verizon would definitely have on it.
    10-20-2011 11:55 PM
    After much research, I came up with this:

The Galaxy Nexus will either release on AT&T's very limited 4G network or Verizon's 4G network.

T-Mobile has no plans to support micro SIM 4G slots so it's instantly out of the question.

AT&T doesn't have any 4G networks in Arizona (where P3Droid lives) so if he indeed does have the Galaxy Nexus, Verizon would have been the only network available. He could _not_ have gotten 4G signal in an area where it isn't supported.

So, you ask why is AT&T still a candidate if it doesn't have 4G in Arizona? Because P3Droid doesn't have the Galaxy Nexus. Not once did he state that he had the phone. He asked if we wanted to see pictures and he showed them. Two hours ago from right now in Arizona, the time would have been 8:38 PM. The time on the pictures we were shown are 9:23. Now, I'm no photo expert, but it looks like it's probably night time of the shadows being casted. Indoors during the morning hours (especially in a sunny place like Arizona) I would expect there to be no need for that much shadow to be caused by a light. This is purely opinion, I do not analyze photos too often.

What leads me to further more believe that the phone is simply a prototype and that the photo was taken a while ago is that it has no carrier affiliation. It does not have the trademarked "4G LTE" in the notification bar but neither does the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (which has a micro SIM for 4G).

So, assuming these photos were taken in the US, we're getting pictures of a prototype phone for either AT&T's 4G LTE network or Verizon's 4G LTE network.

To make things even more confusing, it was just around 9:23 PM 2 hours ago in Texas. Texas is where AT&T"s corporate headquarters are. P3Droid possibly has a source in Texas? We can't forget about Chicago having AT&T's 4G network and having the same time zone. From a business-like perspective, it would make more sense for this to be Verizon's prototype because AT&T's market for 4G customers is very limited.

In summary, I believe that the phone is a prototype because of lack of affiliation. If this is not the case (Nexus S 4G had no affiliation on the outside, mind you) then the pictures are probably from somewhere in Texas/Chicago and are recent. Verizon would not be the carrier in these photos for the sole reason that the trademark "4G LTE" logo that we saw stamped on the back of the phone is missing.

*I could be completely wrong. These are just my opinions that I've come up with through an hour or so of research.
    lilnate and Stang68 like this.
    10-20-2011 11:56 PM
    OMG guys calm down. The phone in the pictures is NOT the Verizon model. It's totally wrong. Like a couple others have said thee is no 4G LTE logo on the back and the network data icon doesn't say 4G LTE. Now some people who don't have an LTE phone may not know this, but Verizon's network data icon is their 4G LTE logo (like my profile pic up there).

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    10-21-2011 12:03 AM
    I think all he was trying to show was that the phone has a removable battery. Now everyone has ran crazy with their own conclusions lol. I remember when I thought the whole announcement would make things better..... Also is this the same p3droid guy that said VZW was getting the Nexus, then said it wasn't, then said it was again, and now is saying once again they may not be? And why do we take the word of p3 over panda?
    10-21-2011 12:05 AM
    OMG guys calm down. The phone in the pictures is NOT the Verizon model. It's totally wrong. Like a couple others have said thee is no 4G LTE logo on the back and the network data icon doesn't say 4G LTE. Now some people who don't have an LTE phone may not know this, but Verizon's network data icon is their 4G LTE logo.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    Samsung Talaxy Tab 10.1 does not have their 4G LTE logo. It's on Verizon. Riddle me that?
    Stang68 likes this.
    10-21-2011 12:06 AM
    I think all he was trying to show was that the phone has a removable battery. Now everyone has ran crazy with their own conclusions lol. I remember when I thought the whole announcement would make things better..... Also is this the same p3droid guy that said VZW was getting the Nexus, then said it wasn't, then said it was again, and now is saying once again they may not be? And why do we take the word of p3 over panda?
    To be fair, P3Droid also dropped a bunch of lines on twitter about how VZW customers shouldn't sell their phones to plan on getting a Nexus. He's getting people worked up.
    10-21-2011 12:09 AM
    Samsung Talaxy Tab 10.1 does not have their 4G LTE logo. It's on Verizon. Riddle me that?
    On the back or as the network data icon? If it's not the network data icon, well I don't know, but it's on ALL of their LTE phones, even the Samsung Droid Charge.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    10-21-2011 12:14 AM
    Because alot of ppl are probably new and don't know that if Panda says theres no problems right now, then there is NO problem. He said the Nexus runs great on the Verizon network so anything else i hear, i call bs on. Panda is a direct source, these other guys are getting info from other ppl. I just ignore it.
    Stang68, EggoEspada and ejaymd11 like this.
    10-21-2011 12:17 AM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD