10-22-2011 06:58 AM
94 1234
tools
    On the back or as the network data icon? If it's not the network data icon, well I don't know, but it's on ALL of their LTE phones, even the Samsung Droid Charge.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    I'm sorry for coming off as offensive in my last post. I'm 100% sure that the logo is not their network data icon but I'm not so sure about it being stamped anywhere. Look it up. I'm tired, time for bed. I'll check up on this forum and various others along with twitter accounts to see where we're headed.
    10-21-2011 12:20 AM
    Because alot of ppl are probably new and don't know that if Panda says theres no problems right now, then there is NO problem. He said the Nexus runs great on the Verizon network so anything else i hear, i call bs on. Panda is a direct source, these other guys are getting info from other ppl. I just ignore it.
    I'm trying to avoid the madness but I keep getting sucked in. They ignore Panda with good news, and believe p3droid with bad news! WTF? And I'm calling mine the Nexus Prime too lol.

To be fair, P3Droid also dropped a bunch of lines on twitter about how VZW customers shouldn't sell their phones to plan on getting a Nexus. He's getting people worked up.
    Yeah I read that, even after panda said there was no delay.
    10-21-2011 12:54 AM
    On the back or as the network data icon? If it's not the network data icon, well I don't know, but it's on ALL of their LTE phones, even the Samsung Droid Charge.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    It will not include Verizon's data icon. This is a stock device, and will use the stock 4G indicator.
    trenton and Stang68 like this.
    10-21-2011 01:07 AM
    It will not include Verizon's data icon. This is a stock device, and will use the stock 4G indicator.
    This!!!!

and guys there has to be a reason why Verizon has not announced that they will be carrying the Nexus yet...it just seems odd that not one US carrier has been named yet.
    10-21-2011 01:17 AM
    This!!!!

and guys there has to be a reason why Verizon has not announced that they will be carrying the Nexus yet...it just seems odd that not one US carrier has been named yet.
    Verizon hasn't announced it because Panda said they have their own plans for the launch. Meaning they probably have a special ad campaign for it.
    Stang68 and ejaymd11 like this.
    10-21-2011 01:24 AM
    Verizon hasn't announced it because Panda said they have their own plans for the launch. Meaning they probably have a special ad campaign for it.
    Im sorry but that makes absolutely no sense to me. The phone isn't out until November, just because Verizon announce that they will be carrying the phone doesn't mean they have to start some HUGE promotional campaign right away. That type of stuff usually doesn't happen until its closer to a release.

My point is that it just seems so odd that this awesome phone is released and Verizon is saying nothing. Wouldn't they want anybody and everybody to know that they have an exclusive on this thing!!! I mean this is probably the most anticipated android phone in awhile!
    10-21-2011 01:39 AM
    I think vzw will announce next week. Giving Motorola a week of glory was probably their intention. And yes you can quote me when I'm proven correct.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    10-21-2011 01:49 AM
    Im sorry but that makes absolutely no sense to me. The phone isn't out until November, just because Verizon announce that they will be carrying the phone doesn't mean they have to start some HUGE promotional campaign right away. That type of stuff usually doesn't happen until its closer to a release.

My point is that it just seems so odd that this awesome phone is released and Verizon is saying nothing. Wouldn't they want anybody and everybody to know that they have an exclusive on this thing!!! I mean this is probably the most anticipated android phone in awhile!
    wait, what? lol I don't get what your saying. Panda says Verizon says they have there own plans. So my guess is they announce the Verizon version and show it off. Then release it with a nice ad campaign. either the Nexus will campaing first or the Razr. Not both together. The razr is already on there site. So i say next week Verizon lets the nexus shine.
    10-21-2011 02:00 AM
    I agree. Let RAZR take the stage for a bit then announce.
    10-21-2011 02:07 AM
    Or they want to give the iphone 4s some more time to sell.
    10-21-2011 03:47 AM
    I agree. Let RAZR take the stage for a bit then announce.
    i agree that they wont launch both of these devices at the same time, since there huge releases....but whichever they release first will take sales from the second in the demographic that doesnt follow all these phones like we do. It will be interesting to see which one Verizon throws there support behind more because if it is the Galaxy Nexus, they are more or less saying that their "Droid" brand isnt as important. Im thinking it launches a week, my guess is two weeks after the Razr. I dont think they ignore the G.N. but i dont think they throw it an MTV worthy "My Super Sweet Sixteen" party....

side question...do the carries normally advertise for the nexus brand? or is it google that does that?
    10-21-2011 03:49 AM
    i agree that they wont launch both of these devices at the same time, since there huge releases....but whichever they release first will take sales from the second in the demographic that doesnt follow all these phones like we do. It will be interesting to see which one Verizon throws there support behind more because if it is the Galaxy Nexus, they are more or less saying that their "Droid" brand isnt as important. Im thinking it launches a week, my guess is two weeks after the Razr. I dont think they ignore the G.N. but i dont think they throw it an MTV worthy "My Super Sweet Sixteen" party....

side question...do the carries normally advertise for the nexus brand? or is it google that does that?
    I've never seen a company outright advertise the Nexus brand to be honest. When was the last time you saw an ad from a major carrier about the latest and greatest Nexus phone?

personally, I've never seen one.
    10-21-2011 04:14 AM
    my guess is the picture shows a prototype of the galaxy nexus. if you look at the body shot, on the side of the phone where there's the power button and the dock connector, there are no sharp lines (it just looks all rounded). also, the location of the dock connector is realllly close to the battery cover. whereas, if you look at this picture http://1876.voxcdn.com/wp-content/up...-nexus413v.jpg

you can clearly see the sharp lines of the body on the side, along with the dock connector being nowhere near the battery cover. i'm also guessing that they nixed the idea of the brushed metal look for the battery cover and went with the hyper soft backing stuff.
    VideoEngineerAJS likes this.
    10-21-2011 04:19 AM
    This. It's missing the LTE sim card slot. That's the biggest tell tale of them all.
    The Stratosphere is micro Sim and already out on Verizon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-21-2011 05:22 AM
    Of course they will launch the Razr first. They will back the Razr more. Then advertise the Nexus as the first Ice Cream Sandwich. They don't want a bunch if newbs with the easily rooted Nexus. potential return nightmare

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-21-2011 05:39 AM
    I've never seen a company outright advertise the Nexus brand to be honest. When was the last time you saw an ad from a major carrier about the latest and greatest Nexus phone?

personally, I've never seen one.
    now we can fill the internet with even more cats!

you never seen this one?

Stang68, EggoEspada and azdmelani like this.
    10-21-2011 05:43 AM
    He's saying it may not hit Verizon now lol. This guy is such an ***. Says he can't talk about it but then tweets like a cryptic punk.
    Exactly. Guys please don't hang on P3's words. If you do so, you'll just put yourself through more aggravation. P3 seems to get off on these things before releases, and while there have been times when he has been spot on, he has been wrong before. You'll see in the next days cryptic tweets saying " it is coming", "it is not coming", "I never said that", "we will see" .. etc. If you throw enough stuff against the wall, you can't be wrong I guess, right?
    Stang68 and yiwen615 like this.
    10-21-2011 06:27 AM
    edit: removed pic of old Bionic. Sorry

I bet he does have the phone. He does have access. He just likes playing with his followers and is careless or provocative (or just wrong ) with his words. ..
    10-21-2011 06:31 AM
    Huh? Just because it's stock doesn't mean they can't change the data icon. I'm pretty sure I saw one that said HSPA+. So you would think it would at least say LTE. Who knows, but the point remains that it looked nothing like the one from Domain. This looks like a prototype.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    10-21-2011 06:37 AM
    This is false. I bet he does have the phone. He does have access. He just likes playing with his followers and is careless or provocative (or just wrong ) with his words. ..

Um that is a promo picture of the OLD Bionic.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    10-21-2011 06:39 AM
    I'm gonna make this simple....
    Image on left is VZW LTE. Image on right is Not VZW LTE.
    10-21-2011 06:48 AM
    I'm gonna make this simple....
    Image on left is VZW LTE. Image on right is Not VZW LTE.
    Agreed! that was the first thing I noticed!
    10-21-2011 06:51 AM
    Um that is a promo picture of the OLD Bionic.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    Doh ! Thanks. I removed that from my other post. Appreciate catching that.
    10-21-2011 06:55 AM
    my guess is the picture shows a prototype of the galaxy nexus. if you look at the body shot, on the side of the phone where there's the power button and the dock connector, there are no sharp lines (it just looks all rounded). also, the location of the dock connector is realllly close to the battery cover. whereas, if you look at this picture http://1876.voxcdn.com/wp-content/up...-nexus413v.jpg

you can clearly see the sharp lines of the body on the side, along with the dock connector being nowhere near the battery cover. i'm also guessing that they nixed the idea of the brushed metal look for the battery cover and went with the hyper soft backing stuff.
    Wow aside from the lack of Verizon's 4G LTE logo on the back of the phone, this is clearly the starkest contrast that shows that the phone in P3's picture IS NOT a final version of the phone.
    10-21-2011 07:21 AM

Photoshopped perhaps?
    10-21-2011 08:48 AM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD