10-22-2011 06:58 AM
94 ... 234
tools
    Photoshopped perhaps?
    I don't doubt that the pictures he has are indeed real and the phone in them are real, I just think it's a prototype device. You can see that it's not nearly as polished and finished as the one we saw in the unveiling.
    10-21-2011 08:54 AM
    So where can I see the pictures? He seems to have removed that tweet.
    10-21-2011 09:15 AM
    So where can I see the pictures? He seems to have removed that tweet.
    Take a look at Serial Fordicator's post (#72). The one on the left is supposedly the final Verizon version and the one on the right is the one that P3 posted. Look at the 3 metal contacts for why I think the one on the right is a prototype. The one on the right is right by the battery door where as the one in the left picture and the picture posted by reflekt2099 shows that the 3 metal contacts are in line with the power button.
    10-21-2011 09:30 AM
    Ah okay. Yea, defiently looks like a prototype.
    10-21-2011 09:48 AM
    I'm gonna make this simple....
    Image on left is VZW LTE. Image on right is Not VZW LTE.
    you all have to remember that nothing has been officially announced. the SCH-i515 has not passed through the FCC, or has and Samsung/VZW filed for complete anonymity. This is most likely a focus group prototype, and is using a non-retail version of the battery cover...

that is all i have to say on the matter, but i'm glad to see more evidence!
    10-21-2011 10:12 AM
    you all have to remember that nothing has been officially announced. the SCH-i515 has not passed through the FCC, or has and Samsung/VZW filed for complete anonymity. This is most likely a focus group prototype, and is using a non-retail version of the battery cover...

that is all i have to say on the matter, but i'm glad to see more evidence!
    Just because it we haven't seen it pass through fcc doesn't mean it hasn't. We won't know until they announce it. The only reason why I believe that Samsung may have requested confidentiality, it because of the Google announcement and the leaked pic I posted. I would've agreed with you and said the same as what you're saying on the gs2, but with all the evidence I see, it looks like its coming soon.
    10-21-2011 10:33 AM
    the SCH-i515 has not passed through the FCC, or has and Samsung/VZW filed for complete anonymity.
    Just because it we haven't seen it pass through fcc doesn't mean it hasn't. We won't know until they announce it. The only reason why I believe that Samsung may have requested confidentiality, it because of the Google announcement and the leaked pic I posted. I would've agreed with you and said the same as what you're saying on the gs2, but with all the evidence I see, it looks like its coming soon.
    did you even bother reading my entire post? "or has" as in has passed through the FCC... english much?
    10-21-2011 10:44 AM
    1) There is no 4G LTE anywhere on the device like there was during the live stream camera thing.

2) The "4G" sign does not look like the one that Verizon phones have on them. They say "4G LTE" and in a slightly bigger font to the side of the signal bars

3) There is, indeed, a microSIM card slot in the back

4) P3Droid basically told us to not sell our phones for the Galaxy Nexus because it'd be a "bad idea".

Damn. I thought Verizon would actually get a good cell phone for once
    So p3droid is a high school science teacher? He's not even an insider?
    To be fair, P3Droid also dropped a bunch of lines on twitter about how VZW customers shouldn't sell their phones to plan on getting a Nexus. He's getting people worked up.
    Exactly. Guys please don't hang on P3's words. If you do so, you'll just put yourself through more aggravation. P3 seems to get off on these things before releases, and while there have been times when he has been spot on, he has been wrong before. You'll see in the next days cryptic tweets saying " it is coming", "it is not coming", "I never said that", "we will see" .. etc. If you throw enough stuff against the wall, you can't be wrong I guess, right?
    Am I the only one who thinks P3Droid is a *********? I highly doubt those are even his pictures. Its probably something from a prototype someone had weeks or even months back and he's just posting the pictures he found. Posting them to feel better about himself while he grades his papers and touches himself to thoughts of people freaking out over it maybe not going to Verizon.

I'm new here, but BMX or Panda, whatever we call him, seems a much more credible source.
    Some of these statements are so true. I LOL'd. Tired of the cryptic tweets and people hanging on to his every word. The phone is coming. Forget what the "insiders" say, they say nothing that is not already common knowledge. Every word that comes out of their mouth is something that can be read 2 different ways and benefits no one. Its a few weeks away.
    10-21-2011 11:03 AM
    Trust the panda.
    EggoEspada, dsignori and ejaymd11 like this.
    10-21-2011 11:07 AM
    Am I the only one who thinks P3Droid is a *********? I highly doubt those are even his pictures. Its probably something from a prototype someone had weeks or even months back and he's just posting the pictures he found. Posting them to feel better about himself while he grades his papers and touches himself to thoughts of people freaking out over it maybe not going to Verizon.

I'm new here, but BMX or Panda, whatever we call him, seems a much more credible source.
    He never said they were his pictures, he took them, or he had the phone. The guy who started the thread came to that conclusion on his own and everyone ran with it as FACT! That's part of the problem.
    10-21-2011 11:26 AM
    Im sorry but that makes absolutely no sense to me. The phone isn't out until November, just because Verizon announce that they will be carrying the phone doesn't mean they have to start some HUGE promotional campaign right away. That type of stuff usually doesn't happen until its closer to a release.

My point is that it just seems so odd that this awesome phone is released and Verizon is saying nothing. Wouldn't they want anybody and everybody to know that they have an exclusive on this thing!!! I mean this is probably the most anticipated android phone in awhile!
    What? how does that make no sense??? The OG Droid campaign started way before it was released. You know that's how its actually suppose to be done if you want to hype and sell a product! Also the phone has NOT!!! Been released, only announced! There is a difference.
    10-21-2011 11:35 AM
    Is no one going to mention the thickness on this thing? Dude looks fat.
    10-21-2011 11:53 AM
    The phone he has isn't the Verizon phone.
    10-21-2011 11:58 AM
    did you even bother reading my entire post? "or has" as in has passed through the FCC... english much?
    No reason to get mouthy. I read this on my phone while walking and misunderstood your post.
    10-21-2011 01:42 PM
    What? how does that make no sense??? The OG Droid campaign started way before it was released. You know that's how its actually suppose to be done if you want to hype and sell a product! Also the phone has NOT!!! Been released, only announced! There is a difference.
    I meant announced not release I know the difference between the two. Thanks tho...

But I get what others are saying about letting Motorola/Razr have its shine and than making a announcement. Hopefully they will make an announcement next week!!!
    10-21-2011 03:09 PM
    Huh? Just because it's stock doesn't mean they can't change the data icon. I'm pretty sure I saw one that said HSPA+. So you would think it would at least say LTE. Who knows, but the point remains that it looked nothing like the one from Domain. This looks like a prototype.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    No. It will have the stock 4G indicator, or it will not be branded Nexus. That's the entire point of the Nexus brand. If you saw one with an H+ indicator, did you think that maybe, just maybe, it was running on an HSPA+ network?

I'll say it again: you will never see Verizon's corporate 4G indicator anywhere on this device besides the battery cover.
    10-21-2011 09:59 PM
    Next to "Micro SIM" do you see a little thing that looks like "T"? Compare that to the attachment here. I'm not sure if they are the same thing, but this is the logo for Korea's SK Telecom. They have been rolling out LTE recently too.

*edit: I just read an article that SKT version would be 3G only though..
    You are correct. This is running an SKTelecom SIM card. It could very well be an HSPA+ version, hence the 4G indicator. Or, it could be a prototype running on SK Telecom's LTE network. (which, incidentally, will soon be home to the LTE version of the SII.)
    10-21-2011 10:03 PM
    They made it thicker because of fat American hands wow it looks thicker than the Bionic.
    10-21-2011 10:22 PM
    I've never seen a company outright advertise the Nexus brand to be honest. When was the last time you saw an ad from a major carrier about the latest and greatest Nexus phone?

personally, I've never seen one.
    I see sprint Nexus S 4G commercials all the time on tv.
    10-22-2011 06:58 AM
94 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD