Looks like P3DROID got a Galaxy Nexus

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
After much research, I came up with this:

The Galaxy Nexus will either release on AT&T's very limited 4G network or Verizon's 4G network.

T-Mobile has no plans to support micro SIM 4G slots so it's instantly out of the question.

AT&T doesn't have any 4G networks in Arizona (where P3Droid lives) so if he indeed does have the Galaxy Nexus, Verizon would have been the only network available. He could _not_ have gotten 4G signal in an area where it isn't supported.

So, you ask why is AT&T still a candidate if it doesn't have 4G in Arizona? Because P3Droid doesn't have the Galaxy Nexus. Not once did he state that he had the phone. He asked if we wanted to see pictures and he showed them. Two hours ago from right now in Arizona, the time would have been 8:38 PM. The time on the pictures we were shown are 9:23. Now, I'm no photo expert, but it looks like it's probably night time of the shadows being casted. Indoors during the morning hours (especially in a sunny place like Arizona) I would expect there to be no need for that much shadow to be caused by a light. This is purely opinion, I do not analyze photos too often.

What leads me to further more believe that the phone is simply a prototype and that the photo was taken a while ago is that it has no carrier affiliation. It does not have the trademarked "4G LTE" in the notification bar but neither does the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (which has a micro SIM for 4G).

So, assuming these photos were taken in the US, we're getting pictures of a prototype phone for either AT&T's 4G LTE network or Verizon's 4G LTE network.

To make things even more confusing, it was just around 9:23 PM 2 hours ago in Texas. Texas is where AT&T"s corporate headquarters are. P3Droid possibly has a source in Texas? We can't forget about Chicago having AT&T's 4G network and having the same time zone. From a business-like perspective, it would make more sense for this to be Verizon's prototype because AT&T's market for 4G customers is very limited.

In summary, I believe that the phone is a prototype because of lack of affiliation. If this is not the case (Nexus S 4G had no affiliation on the outside, mind you) then the pictures are probably from somewhere in Texas/Chicago and are recent. Verizon would not be the carrier in these photos for the sole reason that the trademark "4G LTE" logo that we saw stamped on the back of the phone is missing.

*I could be completely wrong. These are just my opinions that I've come up with through an hour or so of research.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
OMG guys calm down. The phone in the pictures is NOT the Verizon model. It's totally wrong. Like a couple others have said thee is no 4G LTE logo on the back and the network data icon doesn't say 4G LTE. Now some people who don't have an LTE phone may not know this, but Verizon's network data icon is their 4G LTE logo (like my profile pic up there).

Sent from my Thunderbolt

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I think all he was trying to show was that the phone has a removable battery. Now everyone has ran crazy with their own conclusions lol. I remember when I thought the whole announcement would make things better..... Also is this the same p3droid guy that said VZW was getting the Nexus, then said it wasn't, then said it was again, and now is saying once again they may not be? And why do we take the word of p3 over panda?

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
OMG guys calm down. The phone in the pictures is NOT the Verizon model. It's totally wrong. Like a couple others have said thee is no 4G LTE logo on the back and the network data icon doesn't say 4G LTE. Now some people who don't have an LTE phone may not know this, but Verizon's network data icon is their 4G LTE logo.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Samsung Talaxy Tab 10.1 does not have their 4G LTE logo. It's on Verizon. Riddle me that?

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I think all he was trying to show was that the phone has a removable battery. Now everyone has ran crazy with their own conclusions lol. I remember when I thought the whole announcement would make things better..... Also is this the same p3droid guy that said VZW was getting the Nexus, then said it wasn't, then said it was again, and now is saying once again they may not be? And why do we take the word of p3 over panda?

To be fair, P3Droid also dropped a bunch of lines on twitter about how VZW customers shouldn't sell their phones to plan on getting a Nexus. He's getting people worked up.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

Because alot of ppl are probably new and don't know that if Panda says theres no problems right now, then there is NO problem. He said the Nexus runs great on the Verizon network so anything else i hear, i call bs on. Panda is a direct source, these other guys are getting info from other ppl. I just ignore it.

Reactions: ejaymd11

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
On the back or as the network data icon? If it's not the network data icon, well I don't know, but it's on ALL of their LTE phones, even the Samsung Droid Charge.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

I'm sorry for coming off as offensive in my last post. I'm 100% sure that the logo is not their network data icon but I'm not so sure about it being stamped anywhere. Look it up. I'm tired, time for bed. I'll check up on this forum and various others along with twitter accounts to see where we're headed.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Because alot of ppl are probably new and don't know that if Panda says theres no problems right now, then there is NO problem. He said the Nexus runs great on the Verizon network so anything else i hear, i call bs on. Panda is a direct source, these other guys are getting info from other ppl. I just ignore it.

I'm trying to avoid the madness but I keep getting sucked in. They ignore Panda with good news, and believe p3droid with bad news! WTF? And I'm calling mine the Nexus Prime too lol.

To be fair, P3Droid also dropped a bunch of lines on twitter about how VZW customers shouldn't sell their phones to plan on getting a Nexus. He's getting people worked up.

Yeah I read that, even after panda said there was no delay.

Last edited:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
On the back or as the network data icon? If it's not the network data icon, well I don't know, but it's on ALL of their LTE phones, even the Samsung Droid Charge.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

It will not include Verizon's data icon. This is a stock device, and will use the stock 4G indicator.

Gone24

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
It will not include Verizon's data icon. This is a stock device, and will use the stock 4G indicator.

This!!!!

and guys there has to be a reason why Verizon has not announced that they will be carrying the Nexus yet...it just seems odd that not one US carrier has been named yet.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
This!!!!

and guys there has to be a reason why Verizon has not announced that they will be carrying the Nexus yet...it just seems odd that not one US carrier has been named yet.

Verizon hasn't announced it because Panda said they have their own plans for the launch. Meaning they probably have a special ad campaign for it.

Reactions: ejaymd11

Gone24

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Verizon hasn't announced it because Panda said they have their own plans for the launch. Meaning they probably have a special ad campaign for it.

Im sorry but that makes absolutely no sense to me. The phone isn't out until November, just because Verizon announce that they will be carrying the phone doesn't mean they have to start some HUGE promotional campaign right away. That type of stuff usually doesn't happen until its closer to a release.

My point is that it just seems so odd that this awesome phone is released and Verizon is saying nothing. Wouldn't they want anybody and everybody to know that they have an exclusive on this thing!!! I mean this is probably the most anticipated android phone in awhile!

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I think vzw will announce next week. Giving Motorola a week of glory was probably their intention. And yes you can quote me when I'm proven correct.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Im sorry but that makes absolutely no sense to me. The phone isn't out until November, just because Verizon announce that they will be carrying the phone doesn't mean they have to start some HUGE promotional campaign right away. That type of stuff usually doesn't happen until its closer to a release.

My point is that it just seems so odd that this awesome phone is released and Verizon is saying nothing. Wouldn't they want anybody and everybody to know that they have an exclusive on this thing!!! I mean this is probably the most anticipated android phone in awhile!

wait, what? lol I don't get what your saying. Panda says Verizon says they have there own plans. So my guess is they announce the Verizon version and show it off. Then release it with a nice ad campaign. either the Nexus will campaing first or the Razr. Not both together. The razr is already on there site. So i say next week Verizon lets the nexus shine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund