Looks like P3DROID got a Galaxy Nexus

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Let RAZR take the stage for a bit then announce.

i agree that they wont launch both of these devices at the same time, since there huge releases....but whichever they release first will take sales from the second in the demographic that doesnt follow all these phones like we do. It will be interesting to see which one Verizon throws there support behind more because if it is the Galaxy Nexus, they are more or less saying that their "Droid" brand isnt as important. Im thinking it launches a week, my guess is two weeks after the Razr. I dont think they ignore the G.N. but i dont think they throw it an MTV worthy "My Super Sweet Sixteen" party....

side question...do the carries normally advertise for the nexus brand? or is it google that does that?

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
i agree that they wont launch both of these devices at the same time, since there huge releases....but whichever they release first will take sales from the second in the demographic that doesnt follow all these phones like we do. It will be interesting to see which one Verizon throws there support behind more because if it is the Galaxy Nexus, they are more or less saying that their "Droid" brand isnt as important. Im thinking it launches a week, my guess is two weeks after the Razr. I dont think they ignore the G.N. but i dont think they throw it an MTV worthy "My Super Sweet Sixteen" party....

side question...do the carries normally advertise for the nexus brand? or is it google that does that?

I've never seen a company outright advertise the Nexus brand to be honest. When was the last time you saw an ad from a major carrier about the latest and greatest Nexus phone?

personally, I've never seen one.

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
my guess is the picture shows a prototype of the galaxy nexus. if you look at the body shot, on the side of the phone where there's the power button and the dock connector, there are no sharp lines (it just looks all rounded). also, the location of the dock connector is realllly close to the battery cover. whereas, if you look at this picture http://1876.voxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/galaxy-nexus413v.jpg

you can clearly see the sharp lines of the body on the side, along with the dock connector being nowhere near the battery cover. i'm also guessing that they nixed the idea of the brushed metal look for the battery cover and went with the hyper soft backing stuff.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Of course they will launch the Razr first. They will back the Razr more. Then advertise the Nexus as the first Ice Cream Sandwich. They don't want a bunch if newbs with the easily rooted Nexus. potential return nightmare

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
He's saying it may not hit Verizon now lol. This guy is such an ***. Says he can't talk about it but then tweets like a cryptic punk.

Exactly. Guys please don't hang on P3's words. If you do so, you'll just put yourself through more aggravation. P3 seems to get off on these things before releases, and while there have been times when he has been spot on, he has been wrong before. You'll see in the next days cryptic tweets saying " it is coming", "it is not coming", "I never said that", "we will see" .. etc. If you throw enough stuff against the wall, you can't be wrong I guess, right?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
edit: removed pic of old Bionic. Sorry

I bet he does have the phone. He does have access. He just likes playing with his followers and is careless or provocative (or just wrong ) with his words. ..

Last edited:

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It will not include Verizon's data icon. This is a stock device, and will use the stock 4G indicator.

Huh? Just because it's stock doesn't mean they can't change the data icon. I'm pretty sure I saw one that said HSPA+. So you would think it would at least say LTE. Who knows, but the point remains that it looked nothing like the one from Domain. This looks like a prototype.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This is false. I bet he does have the phone. He does have access. He just likes playing with his followers and is careless or provocative (or just wrong ) with his words. ..

motorola_droid_bionic_f00.png

Um that is a promo picture of the OLD Bionic.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
my guess is the picture shows a prototype of the galaxy nexus. if you look at the body shot, on the side of the phone where there's the power button and the dock connector, there are no sharp lines (it just looks all rounded). also, the location of the dock connector is realllly close to the battery cover. whereas, if you look at this picture http://1876.voxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/galaxy-nexus413v.jpg

you can clearly see the sharp lines of the body on the side, along with the dock connector being nowhere near the battery cover. i'm also guessing that they nixed the idea of the brushed metal look for the battery cover and went with the hyper soft backing stuff.

Wow aside from the lack of Verizon's 4G LTE logo on the back of the phone, this is clearly the starkest contrast that shows that the phone in P3's picture IS NOT a final version of the phone.

tonysracing

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Photoshopped perhaps?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So where can I see the pictures? He seems to have removed that tweet.

Take a look at Serial Fordicator's post (#72). The one on the left is supposedly the final Verizon version and the one on the right is the one that P3 posted. Look at the 3 metal contacts for why I think the one on the right is a prototype. The one on the right is right by the battery door where as the one in the left picture and the picture posted by reflekt2099 shows that the 3 metal contacts are in line with the power button.

brinox

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna make this simple....
Image on left is VZW LTE. Image on right is Not VZW LTE.

you all have to remember that nothing has been officially announced. the SCH-i515 has not passed through the FCC, or has and Samsung/VZW filed for complete anonymity. This is most likely a focus group prototype, and is using a non-retail version of the battery cover...

that is all i have to say on the matter, but i'm glad to see more evidence!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta