I spent a few minutes logged into my VZW account today. I have 5 lines for myself, wife, and 3 kids. I also have her dad, mom, and brother on my account. Then there are also lines for my Xoom, her Net book and my niece. As it turns out I have 3 line eligible for new phones. This should get me 50.00 off the contract price.

I am really impressed with the GN so far and I do want this phone, but I am also a fan of Motorola phones and I do like the looks of the new Razr. So what I am gonna do is purchase both and then keep one as my main phone and another for a back-up.

I really like Motorola's build quality (tank, brick) and I have never owned or even messed around with a Samsung phone. But I have heard all of the flimsy, plastic feeling statements people have made.

More than anything else the rumored lack of SD card support for the Verizon version bothers me, I still like portable media. I have a phone as my main camera for several reasons 1) It is always with me. 2) I can easily transfer pics/music/books/videos from my pc to my phone. 3) If I want to get some pics printed all I have to do is pop the SD card out out it in an adapter and take it to walmart and boom done.

Also recent comments about the screen on the GN are itching the back of my mind. but on that front we'll just have to wait and see.

So what do is your opinion of my plan?
    10-21-2011 09:01 AM
    Not a bad plan. But, what I'd recommend is waiting for the Nexus to come out and then compare it with the RAZR (or even the Vigor/Rezound) first hand and see which you'd like better. And give them both a full work out at the store. They should be out within a few weeks of each other, and that'll save you an upgrade on of the lines unless you really want to upgrade both.

I'd also look in to Google Music (music.google.com) if you haven't already. Since you like portable media, that may be a great option for you, particularly with the lack of an SD card slot. Another member on here mentioned that and I checked it out and now have an account with all of my music uploaded. So far, I really like it.
    10-21-2011 09:13 AM
    Not a bad plan. But, what I'd recommend is waiting for the Nexus to come out and then compare it with the RAZR (or even the Vigor/Rezound) first hand and see which you'd like better. And give them both a full work out at the store. They should be out within a few weeks of each other, and that'll save you an upgrade on of the lines unless you really want to upgrade both.

I'd also look in to Google Music (music.google.com) if you haven't already. Since you like portable media, that may be a great option for you, particularly with the lack of an SD card slot. Another member on here mentioned that and I checked it out and now have an account with all of my music uploaded. So far, I really like it.

Yea I have had a GM account since it was in beta, I don't use it a lot yet but who knows...
    10-21-2011 09:23 AM
    This would be be decision as well. Unfortunately I don't have two upgrades this go around.
    10-21-2011 09:29 AM
    Also recent comments about the screen on the GN are itching the back of my mind. but on that front we'll just have to wait and see.
    These screen comments are made by people who have never used the GN. The hands-on reports are LOVING the screen. Engadget and The Verge both said it's gorgeous and has great viewing angles. They said it's better than the iPhone's Retina display, even at that large size.
    Live2ride883 and oxymoron like this.
    10-21-2011 09:40 AM
    If you think the build quality of motor is so good I'd use that as your back up. Get used to ICS and see how durable the Nexus is. Then eventually the razr will get ICS and you can switch to that. THEN write up a review for us. :-)
    10-21-2011 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD