The sooner Verizon gives the official statement with launch details the sooner I can sell my Thunderbolt. I already have a buyer waiting.

Am I missing something has VZW announced it yet? Has any U.S. carrier mentioned the Galaxy Nexus coming to them next month?

I know it will btw, I'm just impatiently waiting. I want this phone as soon as its available! Lol
    10-21-2011 01:54 PM
    The sooner Verizon gives the official statement with launch details the sooner I can sell my Thunderbolt. I already have a buyer waiting.

Am I missing something has VZW announced it yet? Has any U.S. carrier mentioned the Galaxy Nexus coming to them next month?

I know it will btw, I'm just impatiently waiting. I want this phone as soon as its available! Lol
    How much are they buying it for? I'm probably expecting somewhere between 150-200.
    10-21-2011 01:55 PM
    Its still 4 weeks away from the leaked flyer showing a 11/10/11 release.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything until the end of this month or 1st of next.

But something tells me that VZW will over advertise the Razr and under-advertise the Nexus.
    dannychaos likes this.
    10-21-2011 01:56 PM
    I wouldn't get your hopes up until November.
    10-21-2011 02:01 PM
    How much are they buying it for? I'm probably expecting somewhere between 150-200.
    $230 with extra stock battery, two house chargers a car kit rubber case and car charger.
    10-21-2011 02:01 PM
    Soon as its official I'm trading my Thunderbolt for an iPhone 4 (IT BURNS) then giving it to my mom once the Nexus is out and she's gunna give me her upgrade for the Nexus. Everyone wins.

Mom gets an iPhone
    I get my Nexus at the subsidized price
    And I still have an upgrade coming next year
    dannychaos likes this.
    10-21-2011 02:02 PM
    Vzw announcement will b the Tuesday before the Thursday release. And yes Razr will get more marketing then nexus.
    10-21-2011 02:04 PM
    They can advertise the Droid Razr as much as they want. I'm still getting the Galaxy Nexus.
    nate3382 likes this.
    10-21-2011 02:06 PM
    Its still 4 weeks away from the leaked flyer showing a 11/10/11 release.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything until the end of this month or 1st of next.

But something tells me that VZW will over advertise the Razr and under-advertise the Nexus.
    4 weeks?? dude, thats less than 3 weeks (20 days)
    azdmelani likes this.
    10-21-2011 02:10 PM
    $230 with extra stock battery, two house chargers a car kit rubber case and car charger.
    lol wow, I just have the normal phone + SGP screen covers + seidio case

I'm hoping for $175 I guess, amazing how quickly it lost value
    f12 likes this.
    10-21-2011 02:10 PM

If I was in charge at VZ that's probably what I'd do. Not only do they have a special relationship with Moto, but the Razr has their own "Droid" branding on it, it's got their bloatware which makes them money, their techs understand GB pretty well by now AND they control the updates instead of Google.

I'm actually rather shocked that VZ is going to carry it at all and even more shocked that they're going to release it without their typical boatload of crapware on it.
    10-21-2011 02:22 PM
    I'm actually rather shocked that VZ is going to carry it at all and even more shocked that they're going to release it without their typical boatload of crapware on it.
    This phone could draw in a lot of Android enthusiasts - ones that for the last couple years went to Sprint or T-mobile due to hardware choices. Having the GNex as an exclusive for a couple months could help them steal subscribers from other networks, and stem the tide of people who would consider leaving if they once again don't carry a Nexus device.

Also, since Verizon explicitly skipped the GS2 for this phone, I'd say we can expect a large marketing scheme. The Thunderbolt had a bigger marketing push than the Droid Charge, Droid X2, and Droid 3 (possibly put together) so having a Droid label in and of itself doesn't mean you will get top billing. That said, the RAZR is clearly a top tier phone, and it's sort of an embarrassment of riches for Verizon right now in terms of marketing priority.
    10-21-2011 02:29 PM
    lol wow, I just have the normal phone + SGP screen covers + seidio case

I'm hoping for $175 I guess, amazing how quickly it lost value
    A lot of the extras I have were free. Only the car kit I bought.
    10-21-2011 02:32 PM
    I'm just giving my mom my Thunderbolt and using her upgrade for the Galaxy Nexus. It works out perfectly that her upgrade and my upgrade are a year apart. She can't afford a $250-$300 phone so I can get the newest phone every year and she gets a phone that she normally wouldn't be able to get on her own. It works out perfectly for both of us.
    10-21-2011 02:44 PM
    I expect we get an announcement next week sometime
    10-21-2011 03:58 PM
    Verizon is focusing on the Razr. The Nexus is just an enthusiast's phone to them. It isn't in their best interests to heavily promote a non-bloated phone. I'm guessing an announcement within 2 weeks. All the marketing you see will come from Samsung. Verizon will be Razr-happy for the next month.
    I feel bad for my Bionic. It's like Verizon and Moto left it shivering out in the cold...
    10-21-2011 04:32 PM
    I got to say with this new Sprint leak today (if it is real. very easy to fake a packing slip) i dont know how much of an exclusive Verizon will have with this phone.

If posters are already heading to Sprint Stores (again if real) I would think a month tops Verizon will have this as an exclusive.

So how big of a marketing scheme will Verizon put on this phone if by December other carriers will also have this phone?

I also think next week we hear an announcement from Verizon.
    10-21-2011 04:38 PM
    And it just got "official" I guess. Later this year they say. I wonder if they announce the upgrade price as "around $300" and full retail price as "more than $500". Lol I kid.
    10-21-2011 06:01 PM
    wth is later this year? How about an early next month
    10-21-2011 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD