10-30-2011 01:48 AM
85 1234
tools
    If Verizon wanted to encourage people to use their LTE network more, then they'd carry the 16GB version and force people to use the cloud for more storage.
    And then Verizon would have to deal with those who were mad because they got charged extra for going over 2GB for anyone on the tiered plans.
    10-24-2011 07:12 AM
    Did you guys see this picture from p3droid?

You dont get all 16 gb of storage
    I repeat. He does not have anything near a final production unit.
    10-24-2011 10:55 AM
    I repeat. He does not have anything near a final production unit.
    Hope you're right lol

Sent from my ADR6400L
    10-24-2011 11:04 AM
    Im getting the 32GB model. I use tunesync for my music because Google Music is still in beta and has too many issues. The main problem, it won't let my entire library. Always missing some songs. I'll try it again when it updates.
    Try Subsonic.
    10-24-2011 12:15 PM
    I've got 16GB on board on my Vibrant and I never really fill it up and I haven't used a microSD in a year. It really comes down to what you plan on doing. The majority of my space is stuff like CM7 Nightlies and Nandroids, all things that end up either being deleted or backed up on my laptop. I keep a "little" music on there, usually around 1 gig and I use Google Listen for Podcasts so those are always rotating out at about 500MB's or so. Right now I have about 3 gigs open and I have a ton of stuff I need to delete/move off.

If you plan on being really media heavy like watching movies and recording in 1080p, then spring for the 32GB version. I'll probably go for the 32GB version simply because applications seem to be getting bigger, and Bigger, and BIGGER!

I really think that from a performance standpoint, Google did us a favor by leaving the microSD off of this thing. Things always seem to be more smooth on my devices that don't have microSD, including the crummy iFone 3Gs I had for a little while too. Not my cup of tea, but the device was quick. I definitely think that there is a hangup with swap just by the mere presence of removable memory. That observation is completely anecdotal on part, however.
    10-24-2011 12:25 PM
    The slowest part of most computing platforms(servers, large mainframes, PC's and I suspect phones) is Input/output to physical device storage. This is why Pc's with more ram can run faster and better because they are able to load more into it at once. So response time will most likely improve when apps and data are NOT on an SD card. I am hoping for a 32GB model but will settle for 16 if that's all I can get.
    10-24-2011 12:35 PM
    idk, all vzw phones that are high end and lte have been over 200 no matter what type and how much storage there is.
    10-24-2011 07:59 PM
    Mystery solved. Was listening to the 'thisismynext' podcast. The 32gb version is for the LTE version, while the 16gb version is for the hspa+ version.
    Where's their proof?

Sent from my ADR6400L
    10-24-2011 08:36 PM
    Did you guys see this picture from p3droid?

You dont get all 16 gb of storage
    I expect this to be the case no matter how much we supposedly get. I would probably get the 16gb one for less money, now that I use google music I dont see the need for 32gb, in fact I think I only use 1/2 of the 32 now and most of that is music I could delete.
    10-24-2011 11:19 PM
    I expect this to be the case no matter how much we supposedly get. I would probably get the 16gb one for less money, now that I use google music I dont see the need for 32gb, in fact I think I only use 1/2 of the 32 now and most of that is music I could delete.
    I am trying to get Google music set up and ready to go just in case 16Gb is all we get. I am a little late requesting an invite from Google though, does anyone have a invite they don't need? Thanks in advance, I will finally be able to get rid of itunes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-25-2011 03:07 AM
    Where's their proof?

Sent from my ADR6400L
    idk, they actually had journalists at the event in Hong Kong.

Where's the proof for over 75% of the stuff posted here in the forums.
    10-25-2011 08:21 AM
    Where's their proof?

Sent from my ADR6400L
    I have proof, but I don't burn my sources, lest they stop being sources.

So you can choose to believe it, or not.
    10-25-2011 11:57 AM
    I have proof, but I don't burn my sources, lest they stop being sources.

So you can choose to believe it, or not.
    So your saying the Verizon version will be 32GB?
    10-25-2011 12:37 PM
    From the evidence I have seen.

I also have seen no evidence that it is an hspa+ thing, but rather a carrier decision.
    10-25-2011 01:34 PM
    I am trying to get Google music set up and ready to go just in case 16Gb is all we get. I am a little late requesting an invite from Google though, does anyone have a invite they don't need? Thanks in advance, I will finally be able to get rid of itunes.

I'm in the beta! To send you an invite, I need your SSN, Name, DOB, and Address

i keed i keed. Pm me

on topic though, i'd love a 32gb machine, but i wouldnt be mad at a 16gb version
    10-25-2011 08:23 PM
    I'm in the beta! To send you an invite, I need your SSN, Name, DOB, and Address

i keed i keed. Pm me

on topic though, i'd love a 32gb machine, but i wouldnt be mad at a 16gb version
    Can I just give you my bank account and credit card numbers?
    OK for real, google hit me with my invite tonight so I am good, thanks anyway. For the record I think it will be 32gb. I was using the 16gb number to gain sympathy for an invite. ;-) I now have some invites if anyone needs one.

10-25-2011 09:16 PM
    I have about 5 more google music invites if anyone needs some. pm me your emails. If you don't get one. Im all out.
    Mr. Orange 645 likes this.
    10-25-2011 11:59 PM
    From the evidence I have seen.

I also have seen no evidence that it is an hspa+ thing, but rather a carrier decision.
    If that turns out to be true, I might just have to buy you some brew.
    10-26-2011 02:42 AM
    If that turns out to be true, I might just have to buy you some brew.
    I rather you buy me brew for something substantial I do for you that you enjoy, rather than confirm or deny a rumor

So hold onto that thought until Team BAMF cranks out some Nexus goodness
    grmarco likes this.
    10-26-2011 08:52 AM
    So hold onto that thought until Team BAMF cranks out some Nexus goodness
    hmm...guess that just adds another bullet point to my reasons to get a Galaxy Nexus list.
    10-26-2011 09:26 AM
    You know, the Bionic is supposed to have 16 gig of internal storage, but when you look at it there is only about 8 or 9 gig available. Not a big deal as the phone has a sd slot. Could the Nexus shake out this way as well, or do you think the 16 or 32 will be fully usable for storage?
    10-29-2011 01:28 PM
    SD card slot not being there wouldnt that big of a bummer if the phone had motocast

I'll take both!
    10-29-2011 01:36 PM
    If it's 32GB, your looking at about 28 to 29GB of actual storage. Part of the storage is taken up by the OS.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    10-29-2011 01:52 PM
    If it's 32GB, your looking at about 28 to 29GB of actual storage. Part of the storage is taken up by the OS.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    I can live with that, but for some reason, the Bionic takes up a full half of the internal storage.
    10-29-2011 02:40 PM
    idk, all vzw phones that are high end and lte have been over 200 no matter what type and how much storage there is.
    Actually, it's good that they're starting to move LTE to mid range devices - Pantech Breakout and Samsung Stratosphere - $99 and $149 on Two Year Contract. I think Verizon plans to have most of their markets (except the extreme rural) on LTE by the end of 2013. In addition, I just read where Verizon is planning home broadband over LTE in a year or two. Finally, Verizon actually has a very nice home telephone service over cellular network for only $19.99. I'm currently paying $73/month for only local telephone service and mediocre DSL (9 MBit). I am required to have a land line in order to get DSL - no naked DSL. If Verizon came in with 9 MBit LTE for $39.99 with no worse than a 150 GB capped service I would be in tomorrow (hate the DSL reliability and inconsistent rates).
    10-29-2011 04:02 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD