16 or 32 GB Onboard Memory?

jimbosi

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

So far I've read hundreds(!) of pages here at AC on the G-Nex. I'm eagerly awaiting the phone on Verizon, as I'm an OG Droid owner who is at contract's end. My question is about the onboard memory. It doesn't appear confirmed concerning Verizon, but what is the best guess about Verizon's G-Nex and the onboard memory? The announcement and related postings state 16 or 32 GB, but there is nothing definitive about how that will play out per carrier.

I genuinely welcome all comments. Cheers.

Jim

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If you're like me and have grandfathered unlimited data, get the 16GB version and use the 'cloud.'

good point,
but i still like videos on my phone (simpsons), and i don't have a cloud-sync for videos yet (no i'm not buying a slingbox :) )

until Google introduces GoogleVideo for this purpose, i'm looking @ the 32GB model...pending the outrageous price of off-contract & used/craigslist.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
With no SD card I'd really, really prefer 32gb internal. I guess I wouldn't pass on the phone if it's only 16gb, but I'd be pretty disappointed.

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
i have a 32gb SD card in my TB and it's full. i'd take 256GB if available...i cant believe this doesnt have an SD slot. unacceptable IMO. really looking fwd to GN but battery life, price, and no SD slot may combine to be a deal-breaker.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, without an SD slot I would really prefer that we at least have the option of the 32 GB model. I would also hope that it would cost $299 max.

If for some reason VZW only offers the 16 GB model then I might still buy it, but I will look more closely at the Rezound.

Cloud services are great if you are constantly in an LTE region, not so much otherwise. Just my opinion on it all.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Im getting the 32GB model. I use tunesync for my music because Google Music is still in beta and has too many issues. The main problem, it won't let my entire library. Always missing some songs. I'll try it again when it updates.

Turbod

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Has more than one model number shown up in Verizon's system? I would assume that different memory variants would call for different model number's.

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I remember hearing somewhere that Verizon will only have the 32gb model but who knows will all the stupid rumors that are coming out of "insiders"

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It would be WAY smarter for them to have both the 32GB (at $299) and the 16GB (at $199). I'd bet that the 16GB version outsells the 32GB version 2:1.

Everybody, we're making an ASSUMPTION that Verizon will sell the 32GB version at $299. What happens if it turns out to be the 16GB version at $299. Would you still buy it?