16 or 32 GB Onboard Memory?

pwninobrlan

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to get Google music set up and ready to go just in case 16Gb is all we get. I am a little late requesting an invite from Google though, does anyone have a invite they don't need? Thanks in advance, I will finally be able to get rid of itunes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm in the beta! To send you an invite, I need your SSN, Name, DOB, and Address :p

i keed i keed. Pm me :)

on topic though, i'd love a 32gb machine, but i wouldnt be mad at a 16gb version

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the beta! To send you an invite, I need your SSN, Name, DOB, and Address :p

i keed i keed. Pm me :)

on topic though, i'd love a 32gb machine, but i wouldnt be mad at a 16gb version

Can I just give you my bank account and credit card numbers?
OK for real, google hit me with my invite tonight so I am good, thanks anyway. For the record I think it will be 32gb. I was using the 16gb number to gain sympathy for an invite. ;-) I now have some invites if anyone needs one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
If that turns out to be true, I might just have to buy you some brew.

I rather you buy me brew for something substantial I do for you that you enjoy, rather than confirm or deny a rumor :)

So hold onto that thought until Team BAMF cranks out some Nexus goodness :p

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You know, the Bionic is supposed to have 16 gig of internal storage, but when you look at it there is only about 8 or 9 gig available. Not a big deal as the phone has a sd slot. Could the Nexus shake out this way as well, or do you think the 16 or 32 will be fully usable for storage?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If it's 32GB, your looking at about 28 to 29GB of actual storage. Part of the storage is taken up by the OS.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If it's 32GB, your looking at about 28 to 29GB of actual storage. Part of the storage is taken up by the OS.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I can live with that, but for some reason, the Bionic takes up a full half of the internal storage.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
idk, all vzw phones that are high end and lte have been over 200 no matter what type and how much storage there is.

Actually, it's good that they're starting to move LTE to mid range devices - Pantech Breakout and Samsung Stratosphere - $99 and $149 on Two Year Contract. I think Verizon plans to have most of their markets (except the extreme rural) on LTE by the end of 2013. In addition, I just read where Verizon is planning home broadband over LTE in a year or two. Finally, Verizon actually has a very nice home telephone service over cellular network for only $19.99. I'm currently paying $73/month for only local telephone service and mediocre DSL (9 MBit). I am required to have a land line in order to get DSL - no naked DSL. If Verizon came in with 9 MBit LTE for $39.99 with no worse than a 150 GB capped service I would be in tomorrow (hate the DSL reliability and inconsistent rates).

sandyj125

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
You know, the Bionic is supposed to have 16 gig of internal storage, but when you look at it there is only about 8 or 9 gig available. Not a big deal as the phone has a sd slot. Could the Nexus shake out this way as well, or do you think the 16 or 32 will be fully usable for storage?

The Bionic internal storage is probably being taken up by the bloatware that Verizon has on there.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The Bionic internal storage is probably being taken up by the bloatware that Verizon has on there.

list of bionic's "bloatware"

3G Mobile Hotspot
Alarm & Timer
Amazong mp3
Backup Assistant
Blockbuster
Browser
Calculator
Calendar
Camcorder
Camera
Cardock
City ID
Contacts
Corporate Directory
Dialer
DLNA
email
Emergency
Files
FM Radio
Gallery
gMail
Help Center
Latitude
Maps
Market
Media Share
Messaging
Music
My Accounts
My Verizon Mobile
Navigation
News
NFS
Places
Settings
Talk
Text Messaging
Voice Command
Voice Search
Voicemail
YouTube

looks like about 6gb of Apps (not.)

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
list of bionic's "bloatware"

3G Mobile Hotspot
Alarm & Timer
Amazong mp3
Backup Assistant
Blockbuster
Browser
Calculator
Calendar
Camcorder
Camera
Cardock
City ID
Contacts
Corporate Directory
Dialer
DLNA
email
Emergency
Files
FM Radio
Gallery
gMail
Help Center
Latitude
Maps
Market
Media Share
Messaging
Music
My Accounts
My Verizon Mobile
Navigation
News
NFS
Places
Settings
Talk
Text Messaging
Voice Command
Voice Search
Voicemail
YouTube

looks like about 6gb of Apps (not.)

don't forget the space that motoblur or whatever they call it now takes up, those customizations aren't small. Don't forget that before honeycomb you needed a separate data partition for apps that is not accessible for other things. You also have the core os, drivers and other system files that all devices will have, as well as the extra space allotted for each partition for updates (the little bit in each partition can add up) and It doesn't seem too unreasonable for it to take up 6GB of space. hopefully ics will help this as you will no longer need the separate data partition.

sprunka

Mar 7, 2011
about.me
Pure SPECULATION and CONJECTURE:
My prediction is the Verizon will get the 16GB model offer it at $299.
Other Carriers will get the 32 also @ $299
Verizon will blame the LTE for the cost being the same as the 32GB on non-LTE carriers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech