Galaxy Nexus is official for Verizon

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why "later this year" would refer to a date so soon. I say 12/3... Not sure Verizon has hit even an internal date like that (i.e. Unofficial) Pretty sure they've delayed every major launch the past two years.

I don't think 11/10 is fixed just within 30 days of actual, undermined launch, after all last minute testing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Why not? Isn't 11/10 or even 11/3 still considered "later this year" Why does "later this year" have to be a month away? We've seen dates already and rumors that have pointed to a possible 11/10 launch.

djwyman

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I actually welcome it as not being a big deal to most so that it is easy to get as apposed to them selling like hotcakes and having to wait for it...let the masses get the razr its a cool phone and all but its not for me.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Has a Moto Razr launch date been confirmed yet?

I dont see Verizon launching these phones at the same time. These are two powerhouse phones. One will be launched first and the other a couple of weeks later.

I am thinking Razy early November

Nexus Early December.

I also dont think the Nexus will be Verizon exclusive anymore. If it were, I am sure Verizon would of said "exclusively on Verizon" in the press release. Remember when Sprint announced the Evo 3d they were using the word "exclusive" all over the place.

sneakking

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
i have a hard time believing this phone will be launched after black friday just for the simple fact that so many eyes and hands will be in stores and online that weekend

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Droid RAZR is going to be a more popular device than this Nexus device.

RAZR has a lot going for it, not to mention the Droid branding. I know of only a handful of people who are aware of this Nexus phone and much more who understand and want this new Droid RAZR. Us tech heads are drooling over this Nexus...while the mass population is wanting this new RAZR. We are the minority here guys.

Yes, I think some time may be given to the RAZR, but we saw a November 10th date for both the RAZR and the Galaxy Nexus. I don't see there being a big deal at all if both phones launched at the same time. If you want the RAZR go get it, same goes for this Nexus.

Yeah I think they will push the Razr. Their specific phone and just release the Nexus. Nexus isn't exclusive so why spend their advertising dollar.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Having worked for Verizon Wireless before for a few years, I doubt they would let this go beyond Black Friday. With that said, my guess is that "later this year" means they are aiming for a November 3rd release, but aren't positive if it will be ready in time and could let it go until the 10th. These last two days have been full of news, but I think we'll have a concrete idea by the end of next week, if not sooner.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I think they will push the Razr. Their specific phone and just release the Nexus. Nexus isn't exclusive so why spend their advertising dollar.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Pretty much. Not sure if Verizon will be exclusive or not...but the Droid brand coupled with RAZR makes for a much more marketable phone/product.

The Galaxy Nexus is cool, for us. You have to ask yourself what the general, uneducated public would say about this phone:

General Public: Why doesn't it have all the cool visual features like my friends Galaxy S2?
And we say: Because it's ICS only. No touchwiz etc...

General Public: Why only 5MP and not 8MP like my other friend's phone?
And we say: It's good enough with it's upgraded senors and internals.

General Public: The screen is just too big and I like physical buttons.
And we say: We love this large vibrant screen and button-less design.

General Public: Where are all those cool Verizon apps? I need my ringtones bro!
And we say: Bloatware free, just how we like it.

General Public: The RAZR looks thin and awesome.
And we say: It sure does. We like the Nexus better though.

General Public: The RAZR has that cool kevlar back and carbon fiber look. It's a Droid phone too!
And we say: O.K. get it then.

General Public: I want a Droid RAZR, what's a Galaxy Nexus, is it the Galaxy S2? Is it better than Iphone?
And we say: Just get the RAZR and go away.

See what I'm saying here?

Like I said, the RAZR has much more going for it marketing wise.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Unless there is a problem, pushing it into December means basically missing the holiday shopping crowd. Why would they want to do that with such an expensive phone? If they are able to (meaning no unforseen bugs), my guess would be mid-Nov for the release. Otherwise Verizon marketing dept are fools.

K

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I see. His actions that caused unrest in some people directly influenced a national carrier to change their mind and offer the device. Makes perfect sense.

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I see. His actions that caused unrest in some people directly influenced a national carrier to change their mind and offer the device. Makes perfect sense.
Heh. I updated the post with links to the tweets in question, if anyone would like to read his own words.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech