Galaxy Nexus is official for Verizon

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Droid RAZR is going to be a more popular device than this Nexus device.

RAZR has a lot going for it, not to mention the Droid branding. I know of only a handful of people who are aware of this Nexus phone and much more who understand and want this new Droid RAZR. Us tech heads are drooling over this Nexus...while the mass population is wanting this new RAZR. We are the minority here guys.

Yes, I think some time may be given to the RAZR, but we saw a November 10th date for both the RAZR and the Galaxy Nexus. I don't see there being a big deal at all if both phones launched at the same time. If you want the RAZR go get it, same goes for this Nexus.

I'm hoping this is TRUE as we'll see this launch at $199 instead of $299 like the BioniC (barf)

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I think its safe to assume its going to be $299, but honestly that's a decent price point for a phone of this magnitude.

The Samsung Galaxy SII seemed to be the phone a few weeks ago and that launched at a shocking $150 the first weekend it came out! (Amazon.com) I'm just saying, you take ICS away from the Nexus and it's a Galxy S II.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
No way VZ let's a non Droid branded phone be their flagship device. Not to mention it's going to be Google and Samsung branded, it won't have VZ's crapware that they make money on and VZ doesn't control the updates.

No, VZ will either keep it very low key or wait until a more powerful, sexier device with the Droid branding is ready to go.

It's what I'd do if I was running the show there.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy S2 also didn't have LTE and more than likely 32gb of internal storage. If Verizon feels the Droid Charge (when it first released) and the Droid Bionic are good at $299, undoubtedly the Galaxy Nexus will be the same.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
No way VZ let's a non Droid branded phone be their flagship device. Not to mention it's going to be Google and Samsung branded, it won't have VZ's crapware that they make money on and VZ doesn't control the updates.

No, VZ will either keep it very low key or wait until a more powerful, sexier device with the Droid branding is ready to go.

It's what I'd do if I was running the show there.

no offense but i disagree with you..

..for the most part, a carrier offering a phone can't hurt it, they only stand to gain from doing so

and the HTC thunderbolt got the flagship title even tho it wasnt a droid phone

Reactions: ejaymd11

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
So...I'm not eligible to upgrade from my Droid X until March 16. What is the chance of me getting Verizon to let me upgrade early? Surely there will be sales reps who want to secure another contract during the holiday season...right?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So...I'm not eligible to upgrade from my Droid X until March 16. What is the chance of me getting Verizon to let me upgrade early? Surely there will be sales reps who want to secure another contract during the holiday season...right?

Just get a second line and then close the first, could work.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I believe so eventually. You can forward your calls from line 1 to 2 until like 1 ends contract. Then you would lose the phone number unless there is some way to port your original line to the new one and close the original contract completely. I know you can port numbers when moving from one provider to another. You may want to call VZW and find out if you can move phone numbers from 1 line to the other.

Otherwise get a google phone number and start giving that out to everyone. That way you can from now on always just use that phone number regardless of what carries/phone you have.

Katherine

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
IMHO, Verizon will try to delay the launch so the RAZR sales aren't cannibalized. I would expect the GN to be available by mid-December. That way, the Bionic, RAZR, and GN each have 30 days as "king" of Android.

Why does it matter if razr sales are cannibalized or not? Isn't it all going to Verizon anyway? Please I don't think they care as long as they are getting the money. Plus some people won't want one, so they will go with the other. Oh and Mid December is dumb and here is why. You think Samsung wants this pone to sit and not sell in the U.S. until mid December? Or do you think Samsung will be okay with the Razr eating into sales because their product is on the back burner? Samsung still has to make money, and they will not let Verizon stop them from doing that. This press release was to just shut people up, and stop people from clogging up their twitter page. I have a feeling something big is coming about this phone real soon.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Droid RAZR is going to be a more popular device than this Nexus device.

RAZR has a lot going for it, not to mention the Droid branding. I know of only a handful of people who are aware of this Nexus phone and much more who understand and want this new Droid RAZR. Us tech heads are drooling over this Nexus...while the mass population is wanting this new RAZR. We are the minority here guys.

Yes, I think some time may be given to the RAZR, but we saw a November 10th date for both the RAZR and the Galaxy Nexus. I don't see there being a big deal at all if both phones launched at the same time. If you want the RAZR go get it, same goes for this Nexus.

The nexus has much more going for it. The biggest thing going for the Nexus is that tasty Ice Cream Sandwich. ICS in pure vanilla is 10xs better looking than blur. The Nexus isn't about devs anymore.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Well when you want a phone to fail, don't talk about it. Hide the press release, put the release right behind the phone you want to succeed and then claim that it's the manufacturers fault that it didn't work. That being said I'm imagining that this phone will drop either with or a week after the RAZR so it can be hidden in its shadow.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Otherwise get a google phone number and start giving that out to everyone. That way you can from now on always just use that phone number regardless of what carries/phone you have.

Katherine

Katherine,

That's the best advice. I've been using a Google Voice number for about 18 months and that's the only one I ever give out. When someone calls that number it rings at home, my cell phone, my work cell phone and my office desk.

I'm so committed to Google Voice I have no idea what the phone number on my work cell phone is. I'd have to look in the settings if someone asked me.

djwyman

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I know this should probably go somewhere else but since we are on the subject of gv numbers I will ask here...I have my sprint phone number as my gv number with the sprint-gv intigration but I am switching to Verizon and wanting to take that number with me. So what will that do to my gv account?

D.J.