View Poll Results: Will you be getting a Galaxy Nexus?

Voters
913. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yes!

623 68.24%
  • Maybe, I want to see what the reviews are like

175 19.17%
  • Not sure, There are some other cool devices out there.

60 6.57%
  • Probably not. I'll wait for something else/better.

55 6.02%
10-25-2011 01:34 PM
122 1234 ...
tools
    Uhhh I am 100% getting the Galaxy Nexus!!!
    10-22-2011 04:52 PM
    held out for this one still on my droid x. Going for the ics
    10-22-2011 04:56 PM
    I was gonna get the Nexus, but I'll wait til January and see what the CES has in store. What the hell, it's only 2 months
    The only problem with that is that you'll have to wait 2 months for CES for them to announce it, then 8 months for them to redesign it and release it.
    10-22-2011 04:59 PM
    I used to have the DInc. Then I bought a Thunderbolt on eBay. Now I'm going to get this! (before you assume I'm spoiled, I got a Thunderbolt because my sisters OG Droid broke so I gave her my DInc, and now my dad's 4-year old Blackberry is broken so I'll give him my Thunderbolt)
    10-22-2011 05:09 PM
    I will be getting this. Although, I think I'll still keep my rooted Charge. Only had it a few months and it has sentimental value.
    ~D
    10-22-2011 05:10 PM
    I'm getting either the Rezound or an iPhone 4S and definitely the Nexus. I'm a geek like that. It would be nice to have the latest and greatest from both Apple and Google even though I despise Apple. But I also really love Sense (especially 3.5).

So for now Nexus for sure. I will debate with myself some more on the second line.
    10-22-2011 05:12 PM
    It was the iPhone 4s or G Nexus for me... I'll take the Nexus to hold me down till next summer
    10-22-2011 05:14 PM
    seeing as I'm not up for an upgrade till late next year I will probably have to grab the next nexus.
    10-22-2011 05:15 PM
    For me, long gone are the days of Sense and Motoblur and the like. I am so sick of the skins. I want a truly stock device and the Galaxy Nexus fits that mold.

Bring it soon please!
    10-22-2011 05:20 PM
    I'm torn. I do want this phone. I do not want buyers remorse when the Nexus hype dies down. I don't think I'm alone with those thoughts either.
    10-22-2011 05:22 PM
    Already have money set aside for it. I'll be rocking this bad boy on launch day!
    10-22-2011 05:22 PM
    Don't worry im 25 and I spoil myself, had the Inc, bought the tbolt with an early upgrade after only 11 months with the inc, now on Nov 10th ima pay full retail for GalNex and then i'll decide what to do with the tbolt, sell or dev who knows.........

RedTechJunky

Sent from my SkyRaider/BAMF ThunderBolt using Tapatalk, which is the Business
    10-22-2011 05:24 PM
    I'm torn. I do want this phone. I do not want buyers remorse when the Nexus hype dies down. I don't think I'm alone with those thoughts either.
    Will you still have buyer's remorse when the next version of Android is released and the Nexus devices are quickly updated while the people with other phones have to wait months and months for their devices to receive their manufacturer's skinned version of the update?
    oxymoron likes this.
    10-22-2011 05:28 PM
    Not sure what I'm doing yet. Part of me wants this phone, but part of me wants the Razr. I guess it will boil down to holding both in my hand at the store and see which one talks to my conscience.
    10-22-2011 05:39 PM
    I just got the Bionic, and I'm pretty pleased with it. But I came from a Nexus S 4G, so I'm all about the "vanilla" Android experience. The Galaxy Nexus and ICS look amazing and I think I will end up getting one.

But I'm going to wait and see what end users' impressions are. I can't imagine people won't be anything less than very impressed, but still.
    10-22-2011 05:46 PM
    I feel bad for anyone who doesn't have the G Nexus I must have one!
    10-22-2011 05:47 PM
    I been waiting for a bad *** Samsung phone for a while now. OG Droid is still hanging in there with a pushed in volume-down rocker. I can only raise volume now. And yes it takes a while to load my homescreens at times and maps crashes on me at times while searching but from there on works great. I need a bigger, faster device with LTE. Hopefully battery life is not bad. I don't want to add an extended battery that'll be ridiculous. Ill keep using it for maps for when I go out of town, browsing, and tethering to my tab 10.1 wifi only. I'm also getting a new bag for all my devices. Even that's taking forever to ship. Thanks BB!
    10-22-2011 05:49 PM
    I'm With Att, so not now. I think I may hold out for Kel-El chips to come for phones if I can. I'm still rocking my rooted Captivate and it does what I need it to do. There is always something better in the pipeline of products. That said this phone, on paper, is a MONSTER! Can't wait to see actual reviews.
    10-22-2011 05:56 PM
    I did a quick search on this thread and didn't see anybody worried about the pentile matrix on the screen. It's pretty disappointing for me.

I was going to switch from my SGSII, but I'm not so sure now. ICS is the thing I like, but the screen, and the CPU / GPU aren't that good on paper (even worse with Tegra III so close to appear).

So the answer is "maybe" becasue for me SW is 80% of the phone, but the price for the HW has to be fair, they can't sell it as a masterpiece like it was the SGSII when it came out. I don't thing is any better than the SGSII HW-wise, which is not very old, but had to be beaten by new hot devices like this
    10-22-2011 06:04 PM
    Not me...sounds like a great phone, but I waited long enough with my BB Storm2 and got the Bionic and I LOVE it. By the time I am ready for a new phone the second generation LTE chips will be out and I will look at a new phone at that time.
    10-22-2011 06:06 PM
    A lot of Incredible owners like myself! I had an OG Droid and then I got my Wife the Incredible. My Droid died awhile back so I was forced to replace it! I wanted to wait hold on to my upgrade, so I upgraded my Wife to an Incredible 2 (she loves it!) and I got the Incredible. But I've been waiting for something that takes the next step and I think the Galaxy Nexus fits the bill.
    10-22-2011 06:17 PM
    Yep, I still have my Dinc. Great phone, but it's getting to be time to replace it.

I may wait for my upgrade in a few months, though, although I'm not sure anything more compelling than the Galaxy Nexus will be out by then.
    10-22-2011 06:19 PM
    I'm 100% picking it up on day one. I have been waiting all year for this phone and would have switched carriers. Glad I get to stick with vzw. Mostly excited about NFC, ICS, A pure Google experience.... and immediate updates.
    10-22-2011 06:27 PM
    Hey guy, I opened up a verizon account last week just to try out the 4s, but immediately closed it cause i just couldnt handle that phone...LOL....anyway, heres my question...if i wanted to open my account again and say pick up the Droid Bionic and pre-order the Nexus. If i was within the 14 days could i return the Bionic and exchange it for the Nexus?...i have sprint right now and they would let me do that,, but im not sure if Verizon would. Any info would be great..thanks guys!!!
    10-22-2011 06:28 PM
    I'll be getting one, my contract is up and I'm on a Droid 2 I bought used from ebay. Doubt I'll buy one on day one, I don't buy anything at full retail. I'll wait a week or two, or even six if necessary until a deal hits. If there's one thing I know about Samsung their ability to crank out mass numbers of devices.. The Nexus won't be hard to find on sale after the first few weeks.
    10-22-2011 06:33 PM
122 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD