View Poll Results: Will you be getting a Galaxy Nexus?

Voters
913. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yes!

623 68.24%
  • Maybe, I want to see what the reviews are like

175 19.17%
  • Not sure, There are some other cool devices out there.

60 6.57%
  • Probably not. I'll wait for something else/better.

55 6.02%
10-25-2011 01:34 PM
122 ... 2345
tools
    Its a great time to be on verizon and grandfathered in for unlimited Data. Lots of choices coming at the same time i may spend a few hours at verizon checking out these three beasts. im 99.9 percent sure im getting a Nexus!
    10-23-2011 12:51 AM
    by all these heck yes votes im afraid it will be sold out fast and not in stock for couple weeks after day 1.
    10-23-2011 01:50 AM
    I have had the Samsung Fascinate since it came out in the Fall of 2010. The choice is, of course, between the Galaxy Nexus and the Motorola RAZR. I am going to have to hold each in my hand. I am still one of those people that have to feel the device in my hand to make the final choice. Stats and pictures are great - but at the end of the day it is about the feel and usability.
    10-23-2011 07:38 AM
    Im getting the Nexus 32g of onboard storage is enough for me.
    This phone will retire my dx,still keeping my incredible activated.

I dont wont another moto phone with locked bootloader like the RAZR will be thats what ruled out that phone for me.

The Nexus will get its updates straight from google I think too.
    I will preorder as soon as its available to do so.
    sent via TaPaTaLk
    10-23-2011 07:48 AM
    I'm on a Droid 3 right now. Very good phone in my opinion.

I'm between the Nexus and the RAZR. Leaning toward the Nexus simply for 4.0. However, I have to admit, based on my Droid 3 experience, I like what Moto does with devices. Build quality, features, etc. Going to be a difficult decision.

I know the Nexus is supposed to be somewhat bloat free, but the mere fact that it's on verizon kinda of makes that impossible. So we'll have to see what it actually has and doesn't before I can really decide. The bloat on my Droid 3 hasn't really been an issue for me. It doesn't hinder me from doing anything I normally do.
    10-23-2011 07:56 AM
    I'm also rocking the droid incredible. I've wanted a Nexus phone since they came out but Verizon is the only way to go for me. I want that Google phone with bloat removed, current OS updates and ICS. I would like to know the prices on the 16gb/32gb versions. I'll be picking up this phone as soon as the pre-order drops.
    10-23-2011 08:37 AM
    Im guessing the 32g model will be 299.00 with 2 year contract.
    I will be using my upgrade that has 50.00 credit on it to ,so that will help some

sent via TaPaTaLk
    10-23-2011 08:41 AM
    I really want a pure Google phone on LTE. I'll pick one up at launch and sell my Bionic.
    I'm really concerned however that Verizon will mess this up by loading a pile of bloatware on it and blocking Google from updating it directly.
    10-23-2011 09:08 AM
    So now that Verizon made our night's sleep a bit easier and officially announced this beauty, what's everyone's plan?

I'm coming from a Venerable Dinc. Aside from it's self-worth issues from being hated on by Phil, it's been a great phone. My only complaint is the (sadly typical) HTC Battery life. I've held off from getting any of the current 4G phones because none of them really impressed me. I'll be getting the nexus on launch day (or the first day I'm off work after launch day)

Why am I excited about it?
    -It's a pure google phone
    -I'm a geek and NFC makes me happy.
    -Ice Cream Sandwich

What about you? Are you going to jump on it, or will you wait to see what the Rezound/RAZR will be like?
    I got a whole year left on my current contract with Verizon and the Thunderbolt, but if the reviews on the Nexus are really good (service, battery life and 4G connectivity) and I WILL pay the early fee /penalty to get the Nexus upgrade
    10-23-2011 09:20 AM
    Nah. I only buy when I've got an upgrade and if my current phone isn't cutting it, so I'll see what's available next summer or so.
    10-23-2011 09:54 AM
    I really want a pure Google phone on LTE. I'll pick one up at launch and sell my Bionic.
    I'm really concerned however that Verizon will mess this up by loading a pile of bloatware on it and blocking Google from updating it directly.

How would we be able to tell if Verizon blocks direct updates from Google?
    10-23-2011 09:55 AM
    So now that Verizon made our night's sleep a bit easier and officially announced this beauty, what's everyone's plan?

I'm coming from a Venerable Dinc. Aside from it's self-worth issues from being hated on by Phil, it's been a great phone. My only complaint is the (sadly typical) HTC Battery life. I've held off from getting any of the current 4G phones because none of them really impressed me. I'll be getting the nexus on launch day (or the first day I'm off work after launch day)

Why am I excited about it?
    -It's a pure google phone
    -I'm a geek and NFC makes me ha
    ppy.
    -Ice Cream Sandwich

What about you? Are you going to jump on it, or will you wait to see what the Rezound/RAZR will be like?
    1 OS Updates!
    2 Dev Community will be huge

Those are my reasons. I won't need a new phone for the next two years.
    10-23-2011 10:04 AM
    How would we be able to tell if Verizon blocks direct updates from Google?
    Check the forums here and you will definitely know if VZW is up to no good.
    10-23-2011 10:06 AM
    definitely getting the GNex but, i can tell you with almost 100% certainty that i wont have it over a year!!
    10-23-2011 10:20 AM
    I thought Verizon would never get a nexus phone because of its habit of well, being Verizon. But that glorious day has come and this is hands down the best iteration of the nexus line to be conceived ever. You damn right in gonna be getting one the first day they are released, it's a good thing I've kept my Droid x in flawless condition, should sell for a decent price on craigslist to help cushion the cost of the nexus XD
    precon22 likes this.
    10-23-2011 10:59 AM
    I'm really tempted. I've been on iOS but want to make the switch. I'm waiting on reviews, looks like a really nice phone. The larger screen makes all the difference imo.
    DonaldMissingP likes this.
    10-23-2011 11:03 AM
    Putting my bionic on the market
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-23-2011 11:21 AM
    My upgrade its not until May, but having a Fascinate that only gets updates with me flashing Roms and kernels, I just want something that gives me what google intended without all the messing around until 1am. Who an I kidding...i will still be flashing.
    10-23-2011 12:02 PM
    I'm definitely getting it. I've been waiting for a nexus device on vzw since the
    nexus one came out. And why are at&t customers and the company calling hspa+ 4G.? It's technically only really fast 3g.
    Because people who have Verizon call their network 4G. "It's technically only really fast 3g."
    10-23-2011 12:12 PM
    I will definitely be getting one. Already took off work on the 10 th and 11th just in case hell if a legit ebay hit i would jump on that. Want this baby now lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-23-2011 12:37 PM
    Philip, yes you keep unlimited data as long as you stay on a smartphone. Never ever change to a simple phone even as a back up. Verizon also has a trade in program but you can actually just get more money selling it to someone else who needs a phone.
    not sure if this was addressed yet by someone else but....

i had to send in my phone for repair and had to use a flip phone as a backup

i called verizon, they switched me off my unlimited, made a note on my account...when i got my phone back they put me back on unlimited
    10-23-2011 12:51 PM
    I will most likely pick this phone up, but since the RAZR and Rezound are rumored to be released the same day, I'll probably take a look at all three...
    10-23-2011 01:29 PM
    Hey guy, I opened up a verizon account last week just to try out the 4s, but immediately closed it cause i just couldnt handle that phone...LOL....anyway, heres my question...if i wanted to open my account again and say pick up the Droid Bionic and pre-order the Nexus. If i was within the 14 days could i return the Bionic and exchange it for the Nexus?...i have sprint right now and they would let me do that,, but im not sure if Verizon would. Any info would be great..thanks guys!!!
    Yes you could definitely do that. I did this a couple years back when I bought the Pre Plus. Took it in after a friend of mine came home with the Droid X and immediately went to swap. Although you will have to pay a $35 restocking fee.
    10-23-2011 02:01 PM
    If i bought a Droid X last July so am I still eligible for the "New Every Two" 1 year upgrade that was dismantled last January? I've heard that existing customers that have signed the contract before January are still eligible... and how much of a discount will I receive? Do I get it at the regular upgrade price? my Droid X is CRAPPING OUT ON ME! I NEED MY NEXUS!!
    10-23-2011 02:05 PM
    Is this the one that does not have a micro card slot or the one that you can not remove the battery? I cannot have a phone with any of these two options. I will pass then.
    10-23-2011 02:08 PM
122 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD