View Poll Results: Will you be getting a Galaxy Nexus?

Voters
913. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yes!

623 68.24%
  • Maybe, I want to see what the reviews are like

175 19.17%
  • Not sure, There are some other cool devices out there.

60 6.57%
  • Probably not. I'll wait for something else/better.

55 6.02%
10-25-2011 01:34 PM
122 ... 345
tools
    Is this the one that does not have a micro card slot or the one that you can not remove the battery? I cannot have a phone with any of these two options. I will pass then.
    Razor is the one w/ non-removable battery.
    10-23-2011 02:35 PM
    I'll give it a whirl in the store, to see if I like it.
    I doubt I'll get one, unless I have an unexpected moment of zen with the UI or features.

I'm still mostly pleased with the HTC ThunderBolt.
    Eligible for an upgrade in Feb, so I'll see what's out then. Might keep the Bolt for a while, though, if it's still in good shape.

Would really like an HTC phone with 4.5-5.0 inch HD screen, LTE radio, HDMI output, and a kickstand.
    3D and NFC aren't really that important to me, but wouldn't hurt.
    10-23-2011 03:45 PM
    I've been waiting to move to a new larger phone (have Pre Plus). Galaxy Nexus looks to be outstanding in every way. I'm getting one as soon as it's released.
    10-23-2011 04:35 PM
    This phone may just make me switch to Android. I like the UI features demoed in ICS. The Verizon reseller store I was in today thinks it'll be out "end of November or early December." But I realize they are forum-trolling phone geeks and don't actually know a whole lot more than anyone else...but that does make the Nov 10-11 date seem overly optimistic.

I'm used to a much smaller (i)phone, so I'm not sure I'd purchase one before trying it out in person. But I'm oh-so tempted! Just living with 2008 hardware in the meanwhile. First world problems, and all that
    10-23-2011 05:11 PM
    Yes. And Ill be paying off contract price for it. Im curious about the Vanilla (Ice Cream Sandwich!!!) Android experience
    10-23-2011 05:36 PM
    This phone may just make me switch to Android. I like the UI features demoed in ICS. The Verizon reseller store I was in today thinks it'll be out "end of November or early December." But I realize they are forum-trolling phone geeks and don't actually know a whole lot more than anyone else...but that does make the Nov 10-11 date seem overly optimistic.

I'm used to a much smaller (i)phone, so I'm not sure I'd purchase one before trying it out in person. But I'm oh-so tempted! Just living with 2008 hardware in the meanwhile. First world problems, and all that
    It has been my experience that the resellers usually know diddly squat...the actual Verizon stores, att stores and such usually have better info.

D.J.
    10-23-2011 05:45 PM
    All this talk about this phone and the fact that it has ice cream sandwich has me excited ...I will be getting it but I had to have ics now so I went and bought a box of them...

D.J.
    sandyj125 likes this.
    10-23-2011 07:05 PM
    I wish I hadn't found out about this phone until the day of its release. The anticipation is killing me!!!
    10-23-2011 07:19 PM
    Razor is the one w/ non-removable battery.
    Thanks. So I believe this one does not have a sd card slot. I pass.
    10-23-2011 08:24 PM
    I know im gonna love this phone. But i think i might just pay out right and save my next years upgrade. lol Just to see what next years nexus looks like. I mean i can just sell the galaxy anyways. Damn im a phone ***** lol
    10-23-2011 09:52 PM
    Likely waiting for the first Verizon global LTE phone, since I travel alot.
    10-24-2011 12:33 AM
    I have the Thunderbolt and am very displeased to say the least but I have stuck with it since most of the other 4G phones that have come out since have similar specs. I know the Bionic is dual core but it does not do much for me, style wise. The Galaxy Nexus and Droid Razr are both looking promising, but as someone stated earlier, CES is just over 2 months away and since my plane ticket is bought, hotel booked and entry pass secured, I might have to wait. Then again I have never been one for patience. I might just have to pick one of them up and sell my Thunderbolt. Can't go to CES with old Tech.

Would there be any advantage to gettng the Galaxy Nexus since I already have a Galaxy Tab 10.1?

On a side note, is there anything like the original droid incredible coming out with LTE? I loved the size and power of the Dinc but want the ease of swapping sims with LTE devices. Before I switched to verizon I was with AT&T for several years and really liked the ability to just change between phones on a whim. As long as you use google and gmail for everything, you never have to do a lot of updating when changing phones. Ok, my rant is over.
    10-24-2011 03:46 PM
    I'm getting the galaxy nexus and selling my thunderbolt. My thunderbolt has worked fine, but I'm looking foward to nfc and ICS looks great.
    10-24-2011 06:58 PM
    Even though it's a Nexus, I will never, ever, never ever never ever own a phone that went through Samsung (although I own a fridge by them).

I actually like the size of my Dinc and don't want an old school VCR on my hip.

At what point do these phones stop becoming "unpocketable?"
    10-25-2011 06:44 AM
    I wanted to vote "Hell Yes" but with $300 at stake I'll wait for some of the online/YouTube reviews to show up first. Still,I'm not expecting any issues and I plan to be buying the GN the day it's available in stores.
    10-25-2011 08:32 AM
    Still thinking 4G continues to be a battery vampire and with these phones getting physically larger, so do the extended batteries. I don't think the tech and battery efficiency are "there" yet but probably will be in the next year. Basically, the hardware needs to catch up with the capabilities. I'd rather wait for that, then lock in for two years with this round of 4G chips and batteries. We're probably just one generation away from efficient 4G chips and better batteries.
    10-25-2011 08:45 AM
    Even though it's a Nexus, I will never, ever, never ever never ever own a phone that went through Samsung (although I own a fridge by them).

I actually like the size of my Dinc and don't want an old school VCR on my hip.

At what point do these phones stop becoming "unpocketable?"
    Just curious...Why the Sammy hate?
    10-25-2011 09:49 AM
    Likely waiting for the first Verizon global LTE phone, since I travel alot.
    I think that is likely to be the HTC Rezound which should be out within the next month or so also. CDMA/GSM and LTE, just what you're looking for.
    10-25-2011 09:52 AM
    The wait for this is really killer!

I plan on being a day one buyer as well (hopefully), or pre-order if they do them.
    10-25-2011 10:39 AM
    I'll check out the Verizon version and see if I'm okay with the added height of the phone.

But, ultimately, wait for the AT&T version and jump ship from Sprint's slow 3G speeds.

4G is too much a battery drain and have no use to toggle of and on. I like hearing the 3G phone is slimmer than the 4G version.
    10-25-2011 11:02 AM
    Still thinking 4G continues to be a battery vampire and with these phones getting physically larger, so do the extended batteries. I don't think the tech and battery efficiency are "there" yet but probably will be in the next year. Basically, the hardware needs to catch up with the capabilities. I'd rather wait for that, then lock in for two years with this round of 4G chips and batteries. We're probably just one generation away from efficient 4G chips and better batteries.
    You're probably right about being a generation away from more efficient 4g chips. That's probably going to be close to a year though. By then, I can just upgrade to the next Nexus assuming Verizon gets it. As far as battery tech, I wouldn't hold your breath. There hasn't been a major improvement in a really long time and I really don't expect one any time soon. I'm going to sell my D3 and get the Nexus. It'll be nice to get updates in a timely manner for once. Motorola has too many bugs with their software.
    10-25-2011 01:33 PM
    Definitely the only phone I’ve seen that might be worth moving on from my Fascinate, which with the right ROM installed is a great device. I’ll have to wait to see what the what the forums here look like once it’s in people’s hands before I spend any $$ on it tho.
    So… we don’t have 4G where I live and probably won’t for a year, have you seen Verizon’s coverage map in Oregon?! Will this phone will be far superior on the 3G network?!
    10-25-2011 01:34 PM
122 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD