Now that it's official, What are you doing?

Will you be getting a Galaxy Nexus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll give it a whirl in the store, to see if I like it.
I doubt I'll get one, unless I have an unexpected moment of zen with the UI or features.

I'm still mostly pleased with the HTC ThunderBolt.
Eligible for an upgrade in Feb, so I'll see what's out then. Might keep the Bolt for a while, though, if it's still in good shape.

Would really like an HTC phone with 4.5-5.0 inch HD screen, LTE radio, HDMI output, and a kickstand.
3D and NFC aren't really that important to me, but wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:

rkd7777

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been waiting to move to a new larger phone (have Pre Plus). Galaxy Nexus looks to be outstanding in every way. I'm getting one as soon as it's released. :)

anon(236746)

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This phone may just make me switch to Android. I like the UI features demoed in ICS. The Verizon reseller store I was in today thinks it'll be out "end of November or early December." But I realize they are forum-trolling phone geeks and don't actually know a whole lot more than anyone else...but that does make the Nov 10-11 date seem overly optimistic.

I'm used to a much smaller (i)phone, so I'm not sure I'd purchase one before trying it out in person. But I'm oh-so tempted! Just living with 2008 hardware in the meanwhile. First world problems, and all that :)

djwyman

May 12, 2011
Visit site
This phone may just make me switch to Android. I like the UI features demoed in ICS. The Verizon reseller store I was in today thinks it'll be out "end of November or early December." But I realize they are forum-trolling phone geeks and don't actually know a whole lot more than anyone else...but that does make the Nov 10-11 date seem overly optimistic.

I'm used to a much smaller (i)phone, so I'm not sure I'd purchase one before trying it out in person. But I'm oh-so tempted! Just living with 2008 hardware in the meanwhile. First world problems, and all that :)

It has been my experience that the resellers usually know diddly squat...the actual Verizon stores, att stores and such usually have better info.

D.J.

djwyman

May 12, 2011
Visit site
All this talk about this phone and the fact that it has ice cream sandwich has me excited ...I will be getting it but I had to have ics now so I went and bought a box of them...

IMG_20111023_190140.jpg

D.J.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I know im gonna love this phone. But i think i might just pay out right and save my next years upgrade. lol Just to see what next years nexus looks like. I mean i can just sell the galaxy anyways. Damn im a phone whore lol

rkklinke

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the Thunderbolt and am very displeased to say the least but I have stuck with it since most of the other 4G phones that have come out since have similar specs. I know the Bionic is dual core but it does not do much for me, style wise. The Galaxy Nexus and Droid Razr are both looking promising, but as someone stated earlier, CES is just over 2 months away and since my plane ticket is bought, hotel booked and entry pass secured, I might have to wait. Then again I have never been one for patience. I might just have to pick one of them up and sell my Thunderbolt. Can't go to CES with old Tech.

Would there be any advantage to gettng the Galaxy Nexus since I already have a Galaxy Tab 10.1?

On a side note, is there anything like the original droid incredible coming out with LTE? I loved the size and power of the Dinc but want the ease of swapping sims with LTE devices. Before I switched to verizon I was with AT&T for several years and really liked the ability to just change between phones on a whim. As long as you use google and gmail for everything, you never have to do a lot of updating when changing phones. Ok, my rant is over.

JRZLocal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the galaxy nexus and selling my thunderbolt. My thunderbolt has worked fine, but I'm looking foward to nfc and ICS looks great.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Even though it's a Nexus, I will never, ever, never ever never ever own a phone that went through Samsung (although I own a fridge by them).

I actually like the size of my Dinc and don't want an old school VCR on my hip.

At what point do these phones stop becoming "unpocketable?"

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to vote "Hell Yes" but with $300 at stake I'll wait for some of the online/YouTube reviews to show up first. Still,I'm not expecting any issues and I plan to be buying the GN the day it's available in stores.

magellanous

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Still thinking 4G continues to be a battery vampire and with these phones getting physically larger, so do the extended batteries. I don't think the tech and battery efficiency are "there" yet but probably will be in the next year. Basically, the hardware needs to catch up with the capabilities. I'd rather wait for that, then lock in for two years with this round of 4G chips and batteries. We're probably just one generation away from efficient 4G chips and better batteries.

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Even though it's a Nexus, I will never, ever, never ever never ever own a phone that went through Samsung (although I own a fridge by them).

I actually like the size of my Dinc and don't want an old school VCR on my hip.

At what point do these phones stop becoming "unpocketable?"

Just curious...Why the Sammy hate?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Likely waiting for the first Verizon global LTE phone, since I travel alot.

I think that is likely to be the HTC Rezound which should be out within the next month or so also. CDMA/GSM and LTE, just what you're looking for.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll check out the Verizon version and see if I'm okay with the added height of the phone.

But, ultimately, wait for the AT&T version and jump ship from Sprint's slow 3G speeds.

4G is too much a battery drain and have no use to toggle of and on. I like hearing the 3G phone is slimmer than the 4G version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995