Nov. 10th: Pre-order or Actual Release for G-Nex?

zhawks

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I realize that we don't have any confirmed dates yet for the release of the Galaxy Nexus, but I was wondering something. Considering the MAP info we have all seen from Verizon shows that the Motorola Razr is to be released on 27Oct11 and that happens to be the pre-order date. Would it be out of the question to assume that the 10Nov11 date for the G-Nex would also be for pre-orders and the in store release the following week?

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a preorder date for GN also (like the Droid Razr). But it's purely speculation on our parts for now. Did you see the google page where you can register for more info? VZW usually has a similar page up for about a week BEFORE the preorder and that has not even been activated yet...

Galaxy Nexus

So I am guessing we have a few more steps before actual arrival. My guess is 10th preorder and following week to 10d later they will ship...

Katherine

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If they aren't going to market this phone like they do their other phones, they may just go ahead and release it without pre-order. I honestly don't think they do pre-orders on that many of their phones.

theofficer

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Does not matter to me. Eligible for upgrade November 24,2011. Have original Motorola Droid. Love not have ui which slows up phone and adds bloatware. Lol

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
IIRC the Bionic showed up on the MAP for Sept. 8th, and it was released on the 8th.

I believe this will hold true with the G-Nex too.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I think verizon will honor your upgrade up to two weeks before your eligibility date.

You have to call and ask them, IIRC.

I would be about 8 weeks early, but they said I could ask to get upgraded early when the phone actually released. You can't pre-order unless you really are eligible, according to VZW CS.

Basically they will allow me to upgrade early, but maybe not for a week or two after launch to allow everyone else to get it first. If that's the case I might just wait.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Why can't they be like Apple where the announce it and then its available about a 10 days later, and, with a definitely release date that every one knows on the day they announce it.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't get why more companies (at least in the gadget industry, anyway) can never announce a product and give solid release info out right away. Granted, I know unexpected occurrences can and do cause delays, and a lot of companies don't want to look foolish for announcing a date/ price and then having to go back on their word. But for something like this, the phone is almost definitely coming by the end of the year, and with only two months left, there's really no need to be so coy about pegging a date to launch.

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
My opinion, and this is ONLY opinion (Which we all know what they are like).. 10th is pre order, 17th is release. I talked to a verizon store supervisor at a fast food chain. Just asked him jokingly when they were going to release the Galaxy Nexus. I was waiting for a "We don't have any info yet" or "I don't know what you're talking about" but he said November 17th. I said I thought it was the 10th, that's what your MAP says in the computer. He said "Not sure man, they have been telling us the 17th." I doubt he really has ANY idea at all, and was probably spouting unconfirmed info he saw on the internet like I was, but it would make sense. It's awfully close to the 10th to do any serious marketing/hype before launch and its been said Verizon is going to actively market it.

Reactions: kath00

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Why would they do a pre-order of this phone? It really isn't all that popular. Only techies even really know about it. Most of the popularity from this phone will probably come after we all get it and start showing it off.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think it will sell itself even to non techies once they see it in person.
I also thinking that this phone will be in demand and actually want the preselling since thats faster for me to do it that way.I will be keeping close eye on either way.
If no pre orders are going to happen,well I might be "sick" on that day so to pick it up at vzw.

sent via TaPaTaLk

jimbosi

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a substantial Best Buy coupon that will help finance this purchase, so I'm happy to see the appearance of the G-Nex in their leaked MAP. My question is, does Best Buy do preorders, either online or in the store? I bought my OG Droid there, but I just walked in on launch day. I'd rather pre-order, then receive it at my front door than stand in line and deal with crowds at the store. Any thoughts?

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it will be released on the 10th with a possible pre order on the 3rd which might happen only because they were doing a pre order on the razr the week before
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it will be released on the 10th with a possible pre order on the 3rd which might happen only because they were doing a pre order on the razr the week before
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I thought the RAZR is releasing next Thurs per that leaked document. So are there preorders already for it? I think that will be the telling thing. If the 27th is a preorder date, then Nov 10th is prob a preorder for the GN. Kath