10-28-2011 09:42 AM
60 123
tools
    Razr. I think the new Blur is less irritating while HTC Sense, while nice, is a completely different UI.
    10-23-2011 03:00 PM
    I was reading the article about NetFlix deciding to give support for the CryanogenMod. In the article, they also mentioned that Motorola was also going to start unlocking the boot loader. Google for the link. As always though, it's just a rumor until someone posts a link to Motorola themselves saying it.
    Yes its true, Motorola said the RAZR is the first of their phones to use their lockable/unlockable bootloader solution. Verizon's version doesn't support it though -- thanks to VZ themselves.

Sent from my ADR6400L
    10-23-2011 03:13 PM
    The Rezound. I can't stand Moto and will not buy another Moto product again. I also happen to like Sense.
    10-23-2011 04:17 PM
    Yes its true, Motorola said the RAZR is the first of their phones to use their lockable/unlockable bootloader solution. Verizon's version doesn't support it though -- thanks to VZ themselves.

Sent from my ADR6400L
    If its the first phone how do you know Verizon won't support it?

Reason I ask is I have a Xoom 3g/4g through vzw and it has a lockable/unlockable boot loader. Fairly easy to use via adb.
    10-23-2011 04:37 PM
    If the Razr had a replacable battery I'd get that before the Nexus. But it doesn't so its my second choice...
    10-23-2011 04:38 PM
    If its the first phone how do you know Verizon won't support it?

Reason I ask is I have a Xoom 3g/4g through vzw and it has a lockable/unlockable boot loader. Fairly easy to use via adb.
    Read the front page article:

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...ional-versions

Possible good news here if you've been eyeing the Motorola RAZR, and live outside the U.S. -- Motorola has confirmed to the folks at Ausdroid that the RAZR will be the first Motorola phone to offer a bootloader unlock solution. This comes with a "gotcha" though -- carriers have the option to have this removed from the phone's firmware, and Verizon has opted to have it taken out. I'll give you a moment to curse softly under your breath.

We shouldn't be surprised at Verizon's decision -- the phone is more secure with a secure bootloader. That point can't be argued. If we stop and think for a minute though, this means that phones that are almost identical to the Droid RAZR will have factory code from Motorola to unlock the bootloader, ripe for the picking. Developers have a new avenue to explore, and if you were willing to unlock your bootloader in the first place, you shouldn't balk at a method found by hackers to get it done. We'd like to see both a secure and unlockable option offered, but we'll take whatever we can get. Let's keep our fingers crossed that an unlockable version of the RAZR falls into the right hands -- I think it will.
    10-23-2011 04:40 PM
    I would say the razr for 2 reasons I hate sense with a passion and 2 the razr seems to be built to last.

To be honest though I wont be happy with any phone other than the gnex.
    D.J.
    10-23-2011 07:12 PM
    Read the front page article:

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...ional-versions

Possible good news here if you've been eyeing the Motorola RAZR, and live outside the U.S. -- Motorola has confirmed to the folks at Ausdroid that the RAZR will be the first Motorola phone to offer a bootloader unlock solution. This comes with a "gotcha" though -- carriers have the option to have this removed from the phone's firmware, and Verizon has opted to have it taken out. I'll give you a moment to curse softly under your breath.

We shouldn't be surprised at Verizon's decision -- the phone is more secure with a secure bootloader. That point can't be argued. If we stop and think for a minute though, this means that phones that are almost identical to the Droid RAZR will have factory code from Motorola to unlock the bootloader, ripe for the picking. Developers have a new avenue to explore, and if you were willing to unlock your bootloader in the first place, you shouldn't balk at a method found by hackers to get it done. We'd like to see both a secure and unlockable option offered, but we'll take whatever we can get. Let's keep our fingers crossed that an unlockable version of the RAZR falls into the right hands -- I think it will.
    Dernt! I really like Motorola products too. But it will never have a removable battery, it will never have on screen buttons, and a locked bootloader....three strikes for me. I wonder if the will revise it and make one without the buttons when ICS comes stock on all phones...

Gorilla glass, steel and Kevlar body, SD slot, HDMI port, plus motorolas radio....so much going for it too....
    10-23-2011 07:26 PM
    I would say the razr for 2 reasons I hate sense with a passion and 2 the razr seems to be built to last.

To be honest though I wont be happy with any phone other than the gnex.
    D.J.
    Yep, that locked bootloader is for sure built to last.
    10-23-2011 07:32 PM
    Definitely the Vigor. It was my front runner until I actually saw ICS and the Nexus, and now I cant wait to get my hands on one!
    10-23-2011 07:42 PM
    My backup would really be to wait to see if the Droid 4 is real. I really want a sliding 4g phone with great specs
    10-23-2011 08:04 PM
    Probably Rezound for me, but definitely getting the Nexus
    10-23-2011 08:21 PM
    I think the only way I wont be getting the gnex is if its only available in 16gb. If that's the case and Motorola has decided to partition the SD card to SD-EXT then its the Rezound for me.
    10-23-2011 08:36 PM
    the rezound looks nice, but im not interested in going back to sense.
    10-23-2011 08:37 PM
    My second choice would be the Razr. I like the looks of it better than the Rezound/Vigor and, it has some nice accessories.
    10-23-2011 08:51 PM
    Better in what way?
    10-23-2011 08:56 PM
    If the Gnex only comes in 16GB version I will consider the Rezound for second choice. The Razr is a really nice looking device but the non-removable battery really bothers me. My next phone needs to last 2 years and I am wondering if the battery in the Razr will last that long.

I would actually like to see the 3 phones in person and in action before making a final decision.
    10-24-2011 02:35 AM
    Rezound.
    10-24-2011 04:54 AM
    Razr would be my back up more than likely
    10-24-2011 05:21 AM
    There is not a second choice for me.
    10-24-2011 08:29 AM
    Rezound but I don't have faith in HTC battery life anymore.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-24-2011 08:48 AM
    I'd go with the rezound
    10-24-2011 08:53 AM
    If I don't get the Nexus, staying with my Bolt
    10-24-2011 09:16 AM
    I would either just stick with my Bolt or upgrade to the Rezound if the reviews came back positive.
    10-24-2011 09:18 AM
    my official back up plan. This is what ive been waiting for! Well kind of. If it ran stock ICS i'd ditch the nexus completely lol

First Pictures of the DROID4
    10-27-2011 11:00 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD